When will Mourinho be sacked? The Predictions Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil may care

It should be if we lose to Arsenal tonight, but my guess is around March when top 4 becomes mathematically impossible so the Glazers can save some money on his pay-off.

Champagne Football

Mid-March once top 4 is confirmed gone. In a way it makes financial sense to get rid of Jose then as although we miss out on top 4 - The Glazers got to have a year free of heavy spending by not backing Jose anymore so although we miss the 40 million from the CL qualification, they probably have saved 100 million they had planned to spend on new signings this year. Not to mention The Self-Obsessed One only gets half of the severance pay off he was hoping for if he'd gotten fired earlier.

Varun

Staff

After two more years of Pep's dominance, we finally break them and win the double in 2020, followed by a second place in 2021 but with a CL final win over Milan who are coached by Pep and funded with Chinese gold money.

We win two more titles with Arsenal getting two as well.

He leaves in 2026 to go back to Inter.
Which club are you playing as on this FM save?

Ban

Mid-March once top 4 is confirmed gone. In a way it makes financial sense to get rid of Jose then as although we miss out on top 4 - The Glazers got to have a year free of heavy spending by not backing Jose anymore so although we miss the 40 million from the CL qualification, they probably have saved 100 million they had planned to spend on new signings this year. Not to mention The Self-Obsessed One only gets half of the severance pay off he was hoping for if he'd gotten fired earlier.
You think we won't have to spend in the summer?

Waiting till top 4 is gone is madness.

fergieisold

As someone who has been behind Jose I do think now he has had time to show he can turn this around and it is clear he isn't managing to do the job! it can't be long. I'm guessing it will be before Christmas but we will have to wait and see.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
December 24th. Ed is secretly evil.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
If he keeps having digs at the board, his dismissal will happen soon, regardless of the 'mathematically impossible' stuff.
Don't think digs are enough Steve pal, you could collate a novel out of the digs he has made since day dot... I mean the recent transfer window/ pre-season and he's still here in December. That won't make a difference at all. The fans are the key - we need to unite and make our voices heard on the terraces.

Cloud7

After we lose to Fulham this weekend, coming off the back of a dogged 0-0 Mourinho special vs Arsenal. Ranieri will be the kiss of death to Jose for the second time.

Or it could be next summer, which is far more likely, but my fantasies make me happy :yawn:

Castia

Before Xmas, possibly this week if we lose to Arsenal.

It all feels like it’s coming to an end.

Kapardin

I'm going with Christmas. 'Tis the season to be jolly and drive away the Grinch and all that, makes sense.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
There was a cannee take the strain late last night and I wondered if something had happened. Just wishful thinking.

Champagne Football

You think we won't have to spend in the summer?

Waiting till top 4 is gone is madness.
Of course we'll spend a fortune in the summer and we'll have more spending power for the new manager in the summer due to not giving Jose a penny in the winter window and only having a modest 50 million net spend in the past summer of 2018.

iHicksy

He will only be sacked once it's mathematically impossible for us to finish in the top 4. History has shown this to be true. This triggers the clause in his contract which allows us to terminate his employment for a reduced sum. Edward runs the club based purely on numbers, from the top to the bottom.

We are a business masquerading as a football club at this point.

izec

We are 8 points off top 4, people really need a reality check if they think he will get sacked any time soon. He should be and we all want it, but the board will wait til top 4 is gone. Depending on how good or bad we play, it could be anything between February and April, then Carrick and McKenna taking over til the end of the season. They also wouldnt want to hire a new manager and our assistants are too inexperienced to let them have half a season when we are still in some competitions. Once everything is more or less decided, they will get the control like Giggsy under Moyes and thats about it really. No other solution, since we have seen it already twice before Jose how they think and operate in terms of managers.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He won't be sacked now with games coming thick and fast. It'll probably be after the festive period if we are still in a similar situation. But if we get a few decent results I can see the board sticking with him until the end of the season.

RooneyLegend

The man doesn't even seem under pressure, all this thinking he'll be gone soon is hopeful thinking.

Tiber

No doubt after he has made yet more bad signings in January

JK-27

Do we really need another Jose thrashing thread?

Xixak17

After today when Arsenal give us the reverse of the 8-2 we gave them several years ago.

They're going to batter us at Old Trafford and the board will be forced to sack him.

Steerpike

After a disappointing run of results between now and the end of the year, and a shock FA Cup exit against Reading, Manchester United announce that Jose Mourinho has ...... signed a new 5 year contract. Later in the year, Donald Trump wins the Nobel Peace prize, and the Pope gets married.

Seriously though, he is either going to be sacked before the January transfer window - which would suggest they have somebody lined up to replace him - or it could drag on for months, say March, when all hope of salvaging something from this desolate season has gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.