When will Mourinho be sacked? The Predictions Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canagel

Before the end of year I hope . And if tonights game is the last straw that breaks the camels back even better for us .

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Either Saturday evening after we've lost to Arsenal and drawn with Fulham

Or December 22nd after we've lost to Cardiff.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
But why is a season long battle to scrape into 4th acceptable? Is our goal to be post-2010 Arsenal?
It's not, but it's the cheapest way to sack managers in the eyes of the board. It's unlikely that a fill in manager would get us into the top 4 at this point (probably, in their eyes), and the board doesnt see the value in starting to improve as soon as possible which I strongly disagree with. So they just sit with what they have until they can get rid cheaply.

It would be amazing if the cnut got sacked any time soon. I just don't see it.

red4ever 79

Before the end of year I hope . And if tonights game is the last straw that breaks the camels back even better for us .
You cant help but feel like that. Supported Utd all my life almost 40 years. Went to my first game when i was 6, always wanted the team to win and supported the team, however you just sense a bad defeat tonight might push the board to react.

Shark

@NotShark
The mathematically out of the top four prediction might be true but it’s the biggest load of bullshit. Anyone with a brain can see that we aren’t making the CL places and most clubs that aren’t completely inept will realize that and cut the cord when there’s poison running through it from the helm. This club is a complete sham.

RedDevil@84

The mathematically out of the top four prediction might be true but it’s the biggest load of bullshit. Anyone with a brain can see that we aren’t making the CL places and most clubs that aren’t completely inept will realize that and cut the cord. This club is a complete sham.
It is about the words in the contract.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
To put it into context. If Chelsea and Arsenal win tonight the gap to top 4 will be 11 points (12 due to GD).

In LVGs Sacked season his lowest point was 6 points behind Top 4 (Week 25 and 26).
In Moyes Sacked season his lowest point was 12 points behind Top 4 (Week 28, 30 and 32).

So for Jose to achieve pretty much the identical gap between Top 4 in 15 games is astonishingly bad and doesn't compare to LVGs season at all. It's a bit more like Moyes season except it took the gap till near the end of the season to reach and yet we'll have done it this year with more than 50% of the season to go. The scenarios are very, very different.

Silas

Dont really get this argument at all tbh, and yet it is mentioned by everyone. Let's say we sack him today and pay him what 15-20m compensation. Alternatively let's say we do in fact miss out on Champions League football I am sure the economic impact of that will be more than the payout to Jose. Doesn't the addidas deal also have something in there that if we dont qualify for Champions league the sponsorship goes down
Exactly, the board would be stupid to wait that long.

Personally, I reckon it could happen after the pool game, depending on what happens today and during that match.

Shark

@NotShark
It is about the words in the contract.
Contacts can be broken and have been millions of times throughout history when it clearly isn’t working. This method is nothing but another reason to think we’re solely run by money men, it has nothing to do with what’s happening on the pitch. As I said, our beloved club is now a complete sham.

diarm

It'll be either the 24th or 25th February. After we're well beaten by Liverpool on the Saturday and all reasonable hope of a top 4 finish is extinguished, he'll be let go on the Sunday or Monday morning with Carrick and McKenna given temporary charge until the end of the season.

red4ever 79

Exactly, the board would be stupid to wait that long.

Personally, I reckon it could happen after the pool game, depending on what happens today and during that match.
What if Auby and Lacazette rip us to shreds tonight, which they could well do against our backline. Could be all over for Mourinho. Lowry would be sad

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
I thought he would probably get until the end of the year, but I don't think he will. I think if tonight doesn't end well, he could get the boot. But more than likely this time next week as I expect very little points this week

wolvored

Another possibility could be Woody knows mou is after the sack and doesn't want to give him the satisfaction of fleecing the club for 10-20 or whatever it's million. He knows we ain't going to be in ch lge next season now and maybe he only gets the same as moyes and vg when we end up outside the top 4, so is making him wait.

Shark

@NotShark
It'll be either the 24th or 25th February. After we're well beaten by Liverpool on the Saturday and all reasonable hope of a top 4 finish is extinguished, he'll be let go on the Sunday or Monday morning with Carrick and McKenna given temporary charge until the end of the season.
Alternatively he might pull something out of his arse again though, and it’s ridiculous that he’s still in a position to bounce back, should have been out the door after we dropped points to Southampton.

RedDevil@84

Contacts can be broken and have been millions of times throughout history when it clearly isn’t working. This method is nothing but another reason to think we’re solely run by money men, it has nothing to do with what’s happening on the pitch. As I said, our beloved club is now a complete sham.
Yes. The club is run by money minded folks and I think even if we fire Jose today, I doubt if Woodward is capable of getting a new useful manager, because I don't think the people in the club have any idea what kind of manager we want. We would probably pick a random manager who agrees to come here.

ThemanGiggsy

I think they are waiting for us to be knocked out of the CL which will probably happen in the next round.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I think people hoping he will be sacked after tonight will be left disappointed. He won't get the boot after losing to Arsenal. Just my thoughts, hope I'm wrong.
I don't think there's even a slight possibility he'll go over the Christmas period, the fixture list and game frequency would be a nightmare to come in to for a potential interim.

eondo1

When we get relegated at the end of the season. Or when hell freezes over.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
End of the season, even if top 4 is mathematically impossible before then.

Maybe if we're on the end of a total drubbing tonight on our own patch, Woodward's trigger finger might get itchy, but otherwise I don't see the club acting for a long while. I don't believe there is an available manager that Woodward will prefer to Mourinho right now.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
I want him gone ASAP but I don't want him fleecing us for money (not my money, I know, who cares - but it's the principle)

Someone mentioned 20 million pounds severance??! :houllier:

Must be in his contract that we can let him go if we don't make Top 4.

Let him go if/when it's mathematically impossible. It's worth putting up with The Jose Show till then, as painful as that sounds.

UncleBob

"All the teams they got better, Spurs was the team that did not make a direct investment, but the best investment is to keep the top players that you have. So every team got better and we didn't."

:lol:

San Diego Red

January 29 after we draw against Burnley. The board/Woodword won’t back Jose in the window and the new manager will have to make due with this squad until the end of the season.

Silas

What if Auby and Lacazette rip us to shreds tonight, which they could well do against our backline. Could be all over for Mourinho. Lowry would be sad
If that happened, I'd hope so, but I can imagine the board wanting to avoid any major disturbances between now and the Pool game. I think it's likely it'll at least be before Christmas so that the board can back a new manager during the January window.

simplyared

If he wins today or draws the show will keep going - only an absolute hammering at home with the fans absolutely killing him an Woodward would force the boards hands. I don’t buy this concept that the board would be totally oblivious to a raucous Old Trafford basically booing the crap out of the team and wanting blood.. it is their unreasonable patience which has allowed the shit show to continue.
Agree! Probably 0-5 tonight wouldn't be enough. If it was Cardiff then maybe. So frustrating seeing our club being dragged further and further down by this man and a board who are prepared to sit and watch it happen.

crossy1686

career ending
Get the feeling Jose is here for the season. We'll sack him in April when we can no longer make the top 4. I just hope we've got our next target lined up and ready to start in June/July

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I want him gone ASAP but I don't want him fleecing us for money (not my money, I know, who cares - but it's the principle)

Someone mentioned 20 million pounds severance??! :houllier:

Must be in his contract that we can let him go if we don't make Top 4.

Let him go if/when it's mathematically impossible. It's worth putting up with The Jose Show till then, as painful as that sounds.
Is it though? he could end up damaging morale and playing staff wanting to leave the club on a permanent basis. Who knows what another 5 months under Jose could look like.

youngrell

You'd have to think, if he fails to win tonight and against Fulham, he'll be gone. Surely? Or maybe Liverpool will be the final nail.

TrueRed79

If let's say Arsenal beat us 3-0 at home, then the curtains will draw on his tenure. I obviously do not want to lose no matter what the circumstances are, but could see a result like that making the board pull the trigger. Let's wait and see what happens tonight first.

Red14Devil9

It's hard to predict that. I would say that at the latest, Mourinho is going to be sacked in the summer, so that the new manager will have a full transfer window for new players.

I don't think anyone can salvage this season (at least in the Premier League), so it would be a big surprise if Mourinho would go before the season ends.

CA1

As other have said, he will be sacked when the club is not in the Cl anymore which will most likely be mid March and if Top 4 is finished. We will limp on to the end with Carrick/McKenna/Nicky Butt.

In the summer, Woodward will have a foolproof plan of asking Levy for Pochettino. This will be after failing to convince Zidane. It will become apparent Levy won't let Pochettino go and we will be going on tour in a short space of time. Laurent Blanc will be given a 12 month contract. Signings will be hurried before the window shuts and won't be of high quality. De Gea won't be sold but will make clear he won't sign a contract. Pogba and Raiola will make clear they have an exit plan. Woodward won't sanction it and we will be left with a half arsed player who won't like "Blanc's methods". By January, the press will have loads of exclusives that the players don't like Laurent Blanc and that the club won't be extending his contract.

Rinse and repeat.

donkeyfish

To put it into context. If Chelsea and Arsenal win tonight the gap to top 4 will be 11 points (12 due to GD).

In LVGs Sacked season his lowest point was 6 points behind Top 4 (Week 25 and 26).
In Moyes Sacked season his lowest point was 12 points behind Top 4 (Week 28, 30 and 32).

So for Jose to achieve pretty much the identical gap between Top 4 in 15 games is astonishingly bad and doesn't compare to LVGs season at all. It's a bit more like Moyes season except it took the gap till near the end of the season to reach and yet we'll have done it this year with more than 50% of the season to go. The scenarios are very, very different.
This is so bad :lol: I still have nightmares about LvG's second season but it was actually better number-wise.

He almost has to get sacked unless we improve incredibly fast.

If we lose emphatically tonight, I think there's a chance. It's a strange feeling hoping for a loss but it's the shortest route to progress right now.
This. I feel sick wanting to lose but if it meant he got sacked I would take a heavy loss for the long term gain. He is toxic.

Status
Not open for further replies.