When will Mourinho be sacked? The Predictions Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

buchansleftleg

I have a horrid feeling it will be the mathematical champions league non-qualification date....

But I can also see it being about 4 days after January transfer window closes.

We either will buy no-one or someone that Jose has not asked for.

He will go absolutely postal in a press conference...then a day or so later he will leave under a mutual agreement.

His replacement will already have been lined up. Any buys we make will be revealing and there will be rumours and leaks about his replacement through Christmas...I hope

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
I am on the CL mathematically impossible wagon.

However, imagine if United lose all hopes of CL qualification via the league but are still in the CL and could win it in theory.

If that was to happen I could see him lasting the season in charge.

vidic blood & sand

Difficult to say. I'm totally certain he won't be here after May, but he could go sooner if there's no improvement by the end of January.
There's also the possibility of the club already having a replacement lined up behind the scenes.

bonothom

With 5 games left and more than 15 points off top 4. That's when he will go. Although by then I'm sure we'll all be looking forward to a Champions League semi final obviously

Roboc7

The atmosphere is so toxic and it all stems from mourinho but unless the fans turn there isn’t any intention to get rid.

Not actually bothered when he goes now as it has been allowed to go on so long that it’s too late for any kind of turn around and have already written off the season. Late March/early April will confirm we can’t qualify for champions league so he goes straight away I assume but they could even delay further.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I saw a great post on reddit with the quickest route to his sacking, think it was gameweek 25 before we drew with Arsenal. Assuming we would lose all our games between then and now, top four would have been mathematically impossible. :lol:

joedirt87

My original prediction was after Boxing Day/ New Year’s Day game. Then I kept thinking it was moving up with each terrible performance. Told friends could see it as easily as Halloween. Now if I was to bet I would say March/April when 4th is mathematically impossible, but I could still see it being week of 12/27-1/2 if it’s an utter shit show of quick fixtures

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Can only see him going next two months if you lose 5-0 to Liverpool or get knocked out of cup v Reading. Neither will happen despite the state you're in.

Edit: I thought he'd be axed before November international break so seems likely to me now end of season or in April like Moyes was if you're not in cup or CL then.

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
I am on the CL mathematically impossible wagon.

However, imagine if United lose all hopes of CL qualification via the league but are still in the CL and could win it in theory.

If that was to happen I could see him lasting the season in charge.
...then managing a lucky win in the final, and getting an improved contract

:lol:

:(

winteriscoming

Supports
City
From an outsider looking in, it seems that Jose is making noises/slights that appear to be aimed at the upper management.

They will want a gagging order on him when he goes, because he is hinting that there are untold stories.

Every signing a manager makes, there is an element of risk as to how the player will settle in etc. and there has been massive pressure at United for all of the new signings recently.

Jose is obviously not happy with this squad and the lack of commitment to sign players last Summer, and probably this January.

They also don't appear to want to sack him due to the contractual payout, because at most other places, he'd be gone by now.

Abramovic didn't mess about when Chelsea were heading for mid-table and a change of manager could be all the lift this squad needs.

What Emery has done at Arsenal is shocking with that lily livered lot.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
I don't think he'll be sacked while he's still in the Champion's League.

kundalini

Once the season is effectively over. That means out of the Champions League, out of the FA Cup, and out of contention for the top 4.

To be in charge at the start of next season, Mourinho needs to reach CL final. He might just survive if we finish in the top 4 in the PL.

Fosu-Mens

Two most likely scenarios for him being let go is:
  1. When top 4 is mathematically out of the picture. Based on the average points per game for Arsenal, Chelsea and MUFC and assuming this average will be the same for the rest of the season he will get sacked after round 33 against Wolves. Or around this point in time as we will be out of CL.
    • After GM33 with 5 matches left and 15 points remaining: MUFC - 51 points. Chelsea/Arsenal - 68 points.
  2. The second possible reason for his sacking is the matchgoing fans starts to show their displeasure in unison during games. If this gets bad enough and enough heat is put on Woodward, he will be forced to sack him.
Hopefully Real Madrid will come to the rescue and offer to take him off our hands, or Woodward gives us an early christmas present. The big problem is that the longer he stays as manager the more time it will take for the players to adjust to not playing slow and defensive football. And players like Martial or DDG might not want to extend their contract as long as JM is manager.

RedCurry

He’ll be sacked when top 4 is mathematically impossible and everyone knows that including fans, Woodward, players and Mourinho himself.

Rory 7

I think he’ll win the CL and still be here next year as a result. Either that or sacked as soon as CL qualification is gone. I’m convinced all post SAF managers have had a CL qualification clause as a minimum requirement to keep the job.

Bestietom

I think they know now that we won't get into top 4 and are hanging on with him for Champions League. When we go out of that he will be sacked.

pascell

I feel like he'll be given the remainder of his contract. Most likely give him a new CB in January and then back him in summer, if we're still in the same predicament going into 2020 then we'll sack him.

Guapa

When we are out of Champions League and can't make top 4.

Foxbatt

Wouldn’t put it past this lot.
I have to agree. I can't see us losing to Fulham at OT but as you say with this lot nothing can be ruled out. We were two down to Newcastle at OT and was lucky to score 3 goals to win.

Ajax Treesdown

I see him meeting a similar fate to Moyes, he will be sacked as soon as we can no longer mathematically make the top 4. Then we dont have to pay him off such a handsome paycheck. We are all about saving the pennies these days. Oh and chasing after every Arsenal player with a year left on his contract.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
I see him meeting a similar fate to Moyes, he will be sacked as soon as we can no longer mathematically make the top 4. Then we dont have to pay him off such a handsome paycheck. We are all about saving the pennies these days. Oh and chasing after every Arsenal player with a year left on his contract.
Sanchez and?

Acole9

Outstanding
There's no point doing anything this season, we may as well wait until the end and review. I really can't see us getting top four and that's even if we do change manager (Chances are that'll only be a caretaker/interim boss anyway and inside the club there's no real viable candidate)

BigRon1985

Sod's Law he scrapes into the top 4 playing the most mind-numbing park the bus football after going 1 nil up in every game and then signs a new 3 year contract! :annoyed:

Nikelesh Reddy

There's no point doing anything this season, we may as well wait until the end and review. I really can't see us getting top four and that's even if we do change manager (Chances are that'll only be a caretaker/interim boss anyway and inside the club there's no real viable candidate)
We are still in the Champions League and the FA Cup hasn’t even started yet.Mourinhos still a good cup manager and I would rather have him in charge for these cup games,than Carrick or McKenna..

Chelsea won the CL when they finished 6th in the league....Liverpool won it when they finished 5th.If we get a easy draw in the last 16 and if we get through to the quarters,anything can happen.Real,Barca,Bayern,etc aren’t as good as they once were....

ovoxo

I’m pretty sure he’ll be gone come end of the season.

If we’re still in cup competitions and 4th isn’t mathematically possible, he won’t be sacked until the end of the season.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
There is only 1 way he is here in July: if we win the Champions League. As much as I absolutely detest Jose and wake up each morning hoping for the good news of his departure, that's a trade I'd happily make.

Knowing our 'luck' in the last few seasons, he'll fluke his way all the way to semi-finals, by which time we'll be 11th in the league, Pogba will be rooming with De Gea and Lukaku on vacation in the South of France and captain Fellaini will be leading the way with 9 goals across all competitions.

AlexUTD

There is only 1 way he is here in July: if we win the Champions League. As much as I absolutely detest Jose and wake up each morning hoping for the good news of his departure, that's a trade I'd happily make.

Knowing our 'luck' in the last few seasons, he'll fluke his way all the way to semi-finals, by which time we'll be 11th in the league, Pogba will be rooming with De Gea and Lukaku on vacation in the South of France and captain Fellaini will be leading the way with 9 goals across all competitions.
This is me every morning:lol:

Wake up happy, then reality hits you on the face and depression kicks in.

Well ok, lets say we won the CL. Could you handle one more year With Mourinho? I mean he is not going to change, and his ego would be even bigger and even more reasons to throw his players under the bus.

Patrick220571

I'm going to say the day after the round of 16 Champions League 2nd leg tie (Early March I think).

We will probably lose and any hope of finishing in the top 4 will be a distant memory by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.