When will the French tap run dry?...

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Completely disagree about Pogba. He maybe one of the top 3 in terms of talent and what he could be, but he is lacking in heart, and there is a huge difference between being better and having the talent to be better. Pogba has the talent to be the best, but no top 3 midfielder in the world will ever get out played by Mark fecking Noble even if they are having their worst game ever. As for Varane, I think he's a good player, just not as good as people make him out to be. You seem to think there are only 2 better defenders in the world. Many will say he's not even the best defender on his team (which I completely disagree with). And if he did join our team, he would be our 3rd best defender and second best centre half...
Varane is one of the best talents at CB that I've ever seen, what he did at 18-19 against Barcelona, I haven't seen any of the hyped defenders do. He's also already got one of the most impressive trophy cabinet out of any players his age. With that being said, it's also true he hasn't been that great at times with Madrid. But I think in a change of environment, he could easily come to a club like United and become the best defender there. He has all the tools and abilities to do so and he was imperial at the WC. If Real Madrid were ever foolish enough to let him go, I'd bite their hands off trying to get Varane but maybe I'm still living in the past.

Also saying Pogba is lacking in heart is just nonsense, I mean the guy has shown plenty of heart betting on himself to leave United and come into a Juventus midfielder filled with studs and get himself recognized enough to become the most expensive transfer at the time United bought him back. You can single out any great players in history and they'll have had their Mark fecking Noble moment, it doesn't mean anything about their heart or character.

Righteous Steps

No, Mbappe is a complete threat, he can create and score, I used the Belgium example because it was a pretty well-known case of him being the best offensive player for France without scoring a single goal, and he created the most chances out of anybody, including Hazard who many thought was the best player in that game. There's countless other examples I could cite on how you're wrong about him just being a freakish goalscorer. Just because he's behind Neymar and Di Maria (who's sole job is to create, while Neymar can do anything and is the second best player in the world), it's just not working out in your favor as far as reducing him to just a goalscorer, and I thought you watched him more than that but maybe not. At the end of the day, he creates a big chunk of chances for PSG on a regular basis, and even if his focus is more on goals, I would never just call him a freakish goalscorer (that's more fitting for a player like Haaland). Cherki is nowhere near Neymar as well in any categories including dribbling, if we're going to use him as a barometer.

And as far as no one has been as talented as him, again, you don't know how talented Cherki really is. I've seen all of his games too, I follow him very closely, but you seem to think that talent at 16 is the same as talent at 20, or showing your talent at a world cup/euro or league/CL against grown men who've known your game for years and prepared for it. When he does that, I'll be happy to say he's got everything to succeed but it doesn't just come down to injuries on why Cherki or any of the most talented players could fail to live up to their potential, no matter how sure of a talent they look in youth competitions.

No one is saying the praise came from nothing, but 18 dribbles in a youth game doesn't do anything at the professional level. I think he's rightfully put as the top talent in world football, but it means very little if it doesn't translate to the professional level. He was good against Nantes (the game you referenced), he was pedestrian against PSG. It's just too soon to make any sort of definitive statements about how his talent will translate at the next level, especially once defenders and coaches focus on him. Mbappe has at least shown he can be consistently better, each season he is improving his output against teams that are coached to stop him for the last 2-3 years now.

If Cherki can do that as well after he bursts fully onto the scene, then he's got a great chance at being one of the (if not the) best players in the world, but I think it's fair to say it's still a very long shot and let's just cool off and let him develop. I hope the rumors about him already thinking of leaving Lyon is just media nonsense and he gets to stay there at least another couple of seasons so he can develop without massive pressure of being the most talented teenage player in the world coming to a new league.

I wouldn't claim Ngannou, he came to France from Nigeria as a grown man and was trained in France but that doesn't make him a French fighter. Teddy Riner is probably the best example of French dominance in combat, even if it's not MMA. Like you said, MMA has been illegal in France (although that is going to change soon) and I expect we will see more fighters coming out of France and entering the MMA world.
Summed it up better than ne

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Completely disagree about Pogba. He maybe one of the top 3 in terms of talent and what he could be, but he is lacking in heart, and there is a huge difference between being better and having the talent to be better. Pogba has the talent to be the best, but no top 3 midfielder in the world will ever get out played by Mark fecking Noble even if they are having their worst game ever. As for Varane, I think he's a good player, just not as good as people make him out to be. You seem to think there are only 2 better defenders in the world. Many will say he's not even the best defender on his team (which I completely disagree with). And if he did join our team, he would be our 3rd best defender and second best centre half...
Because Pogba ‘could be better’ does not make him rubbish. He’s still better than almost everyone. Including Mark Noble. Not sure what you’re point is there. Name the better midfielders than him, by whatever metric you choose to apply (which is seemingly to take the worst you have ever seen him play, and then compare him to all other midfielders from that level). If you struggle to complete one hand, then I believe you are looking at a World Class midfielder. Of course, apply the micro analysis filters that are probably applied only to him, then the story could be different. If you chose to, you could just as easily say ‘no more than 3 other midfielders could do....’, and then start listing the things that he is good at. If you chose to, of course.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
I'd take M'Bappe and Kante and that's it. The OP said they have world class players all over the field and I just don't see it...
Mbappe, Kanté, Griezmann, Varane, Pogba are all current world class players, which is half their first XI. The supporting cast are better than most team’s players too with the likes of Umtiti, Pavard, Hernandez. They play the likes of Matuidi and Giroud to run and jump, but they have more talented players than them as alternatives if they didn’t feel it upset the balance.
I would say that France 2018 had less world class players than all the other World Cup winners of this century (Brazil 2002, Italy 2006, Spain 2010 and Germany 2014 all had more world class players than France).

Last edited:

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Because Pogba ‘could be better’ does not make him rubbish. He’s still better than almost everyone. Including Mark Noble. Not sure what you’re point is there. Name the better midfielders than him, by whatever metric you choose to apply (which is seemingly to take the worst you have ever seen him play, and then compare him to all other midfielders from that level). If you struggle to complete one hand, then I believe you are looking at a World Class midfielder. Of course, apply the micro analysis filters that are probably applied only to him, then the story could be different. If you chose to, you could just as easily say ‘no more than 3 other midfielders could do....’, and then start listing the things that he is good at. If you chose to, of course.
When did I ever say Pogba was rubbish??? Don't put words into my mouth. And yes, Noble has played him off the field. That will not happen to a top 3 midfielder in the world. It also doesn't mean that I think Noble is a better player. Like I said, Pogba has the ability to be one of, if not the best midfielder in the world. He just lacks heart and that's why his performances are so inconsistant. One match nobody can come close to touching him, the next he gets embarrassed by Mark Noble. If he put half the effort into his game as he does his instagram he would be untouchable...

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
When did I ever say Pogba was rubbish??? Don't put words into my mouth. And yes, Noble has played him off the field. That will not happen to a top 3 midfielder in the world. It also doesn't mean that I think Noble is a better player. Like I said, Pogba has the ability to be one of, if not the best midfielder in the world. He just lacks heart and that's why his performances are so inconsistant. One match nobody can come close to touching him, the next he gets embarrassed by Mark Noble. If he put half the effort into his game as he does his instagram he would be untouchable...
I didn’t say you said he’s better. The point I was making is whatever game you are referring to is the game that YOU have chosen to define him by. That’s not his level. A player doesn’t get played off the park anyway, a team does - and if pundits and observers like yourself were nearly as minded to document the bad games of other top players as you are with Pogba - you will find that they have them all. That said, Pogba has played hundreds of games in his career and thankfully is not defined but whatever game against West Ham that you have chosen to define him by.

So if he is just some sort of ‘talent’ but clearly not yet an actual top player - who are the better midfielders? Of course, Pogba is all ‘potential’ and all that, so hopefully he can join them, but who are the ‘them’?

And, in your observation, how frequently do these types of games occur? I’ve had these conversations so many times on here, and I a feel they are pointless until someone is willing to commit to a number to back up their inconsistency claims. This is usually the point where the replies stop by the way, as I have never gotten one. My personal opinion is that he is nowhere near as inconsistent as the rhetoric suggests. Others disagree. So I ask, how frequently would you say he plays badly? How many games of the level you speak of, would you say he has had in his 150 games for us? Otherwise it’s hard for it to be objectively critiqued. If this is your view, expand on it.

It’s easy to trot out the same lazy rhetoric, and am not saying you are, I am hopeful you will qualify your statement, but it is clear to me that many people have just lazily allowed opinion to be formed for them.

I’m not even saying he can’t do more. But he’s 27, despite whatever we think he can be, we should be able to say what he IS by now. So I am proposing that, even with all his room for improvement considered and every flaw in his game that is discussed far more than his brilliance - he is still CURRENTLY one of the best midfielders in the world. There’s no point telling me what you think he could be, what would you say he is now? And if not one of the best, who is better?

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
I didn’t say you said he’s better. The point I was making is whatever game you are referring to is the game that YOU have chosen to define him by. That’s not his level. A player doesn’t get played off the park anyway, a team does - and if pundits and observers like yourself were nearly as minded to document the bad games of other top players as you are with Pogba - you will find that they have them all. That said, Pogba has played hundreds of games in his career and thankfully is not defined but whatever game against West Ham that you have chosen to define him by.

So if he is just some sort of ‘talent’ but clearly not yet an actual top player - who are the better midfielders? Of course, Pogba is all ‘potential’ and all that, so hopefully he can join them, but who are the ‘them’?

And, in your observation, how frequently do these types of games occur? I’ve had these conversations so many times on here, and I a feel they are pointless until someone is willing to commit to a number to back up their inconsistency claims. This is usually the point where the replies stop by the way, as I have never gotten one. My personal opinion is that he is nowhere near as inconsistent as the rhetoric suggests. Others disagree. So I ask, how frequently would you say he plays badly? How many games of the level you speak of, would you say he has had in his 150 games for us? Otherwise it’s hard for it to be objectively critiqued. If this is your view, expand on it.

It’s easy to trot out the same lazy rhetoric, and am not saying you are, I am hopeful you will qualify your statement, but it is clear to me that many people have just lazily allowed opinion to be formed for them.

I’m not even saying he can’t do more. But he’s 27, despite whatever we think he can be, we should be able to say what he IS by now. So I am proposing that, even with all his room for improvement considered and every flaw in his game that is discussed far more than his brilliance - he is still CURRENTLY one of the best midfielders in the world. There’s no point telling me what you think he could be, what would you say he is now? And if not one of the best, who is better?
That wasn't his only bad game. Just an example that I used. And nobody has replied because you are obviously a Pogba fan boy who can't see no wrong. As for his poor games, I'd say he's about 50/50. Some days he looks like the worlds best, other days he looks like he doesn't care. Especially if our opponent puts someone on him who is energetic and doesn't give him space to create. Hassle him a bit and he is taken right out of the game. And if you want to know which games, it's not hard. Just look through the match day performances that are posted on this website after each game. If that doesn't work, then have a look here

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/97752/MatchStatistics/Paul-Pogba

A top 3 midfielder in the world shouldn't be getting 6 one game and 8 the next

Withnail

That wasn't his only bad game. Just an example that I used. And nobody has replied because you are obviously a Pogba fan boy who can't see no wrong. As for his poor games, I'd say he's about 50/50. Some days he looks like the worlds best, other days he looks like he doesn't care. Especially if our opponent puts someone on him who is energetic and doesn't give him space to create. Hassle him a bit and he is taken right out of the game. And if you want to know which games, it's not hard. Just look through the match day performances that are posted on this website after each game. If that doesn't work, then have a look here

Throwing out the Pogba fan boy crap when someone disagrees with you is just showing yourself up.

Player ratings are subjective and it's not an individual sport. If the whole team are having a bad day it can be very hard to get a decent rating.

Did you do any research into this theory about having an 8 followed by a 6 meaning you're not a top player or did you just make it up on the spot when you looked up Pogba's ratings?

I had a look at De Bruyne's for his last 6 games and surprise surprise they fluctuate too 7.8, 6.48, 9.4, 6.8, 8.6

Stacks

I'm not sure what you're saying here. They don't but then you listed a load of things they are better at than the French?

Athletics, Cricket, Rugby League and Union, Motorsport, Cycling, Snooker, Darts, Golf, Boxing, MMA (Michael Bisping is a hall of famer for example).

Just off the top of my head.
Yes. Overall the 2 nation's excel at a similar number of sports. I excluded MMA because having one great fighter does not demonstrate that your country excels at the sport. In boxing the UK has produced over 60 world champions and many more title contenders

Righteous Steps

They don't I checked. Great Britain and NI have basically only champs in boxing. Athletics, cycling, Golf, Motorsport. Solid cricket team, decent rowing team and snooker players.
The population argument is irrelevant as the initial statement was that they don't really excel at anything else when they clearly have world champs in other sports
And Tennis, the last olympics I’m sure Britain finished 3rd overall.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
it will never run dry. You forgot Griezmann. The Balon D'or does not represent your strenght as a football nation. Verane, Kante Greizmann, Benzema and Pogba have all had nominations for Fifa best player in the past years.

One heck of an advantage being able to dip into different talent pools.
England seem to do it much better in other sports, like cricket and rugby.

But France 98 do take some matching.
Zidane, Desailly, Djorkaeff, Vieiram, Thuram - all world class players who very easily could have chosen to play for someone else.

Germany are the other team who come to mind when they had Klose, Ozil and Podolski.

Holland are a team who should have matched these two, but they just seem to instead have massive divisions in their camp.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Throwing out the Pogba fan boy crap when someone disagrees with you is just showing yourself up.

Player ratings are subjective and it's not an individual sport. If the whole team are having a bad day it can be very hard to get a decent rating.

Did you do any research into this theory about having an 8 followed by a 6 meaning you're not a top player or did you just make it up on the spot when you looked up Pogba's ratings?

I had a look at De Bruyne's for his last 6 games and surprise surprise they fluctuate too 7.8, 6.48, 9.4, 6.8, 8.6
I watch the games. And yes, you are a Pogba fanboy. Just like when Ricky gives Mata and Matic MOTM every day. Amazing how you ask for proof and when it's provided you shrug it off. Amazing thing is, there is nothing I would like more than for Pogba to become as good as you think he already is. Perhaps with Bruno in the team that is exactly the kick in the arse he needs to get to that. But no matter how blinded you are by your fanboy-ism, he is NOT a top 3 midfielder in the world. Not even close. Can he be? Yes. In fact, I think he has the ability to be the best. He just needs the heart...

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

50/50. So you think Pogba has had about 75 bad games for us? Absolute nonsense.

And people have no problem responding to me until I ask for numbers like you have provided. It is when you commit to one that the misguidedness becomes obvious. Because either you will say that he’s had about 75 bad games for us, and look silly, or you will reflect and say that he’s had about 15-20 bad games for us, and then look silly, given how small a percentage of 150 that actually is. Without committing to a number , you get to hide behind rhetoric and ‘feelings’ basically.

Last edited:

Withnail

I watch the games. And yes, you are a Pogba fanboy. Just like when Ricky gives Mata and Matic MOTM every day. Amazing how you ask for proof and when it's provided you shrug it off. Amazing thing is, there is nothing I would like more than for Pogba to become as good as you think he already is. Perhaps with Bruno in the team that is exactly the kick in the arse he needs to get to that. But no matter how blinded you are by your fanboy-ism, he is NOT a top 3 midfielder in the world. Not even close. Can he be? Yes. In fact, I think he has the ability to be the best. He just needs the heart...
You know I'm a Pogba fan-boy when I've never had any interaction with you before?

Besides the fact that that claiming someone's either a fanboy or a hater is a sign of a weak argument it was @Rozay who asked for proof and what you provided was quite frankly crap.

You're having a mare here.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
50/50. So you think Pogba has had about 75 bad games for us? Absolute nonsense.

And people have no problem responding to me until I ask for numbers like you have provided. It is when you commit to one that the misguidedness becomes obvious. Because either you will say that he’s had about 75 bad games for us, and look silly, or you will reflect and say that he’s had about 15-20 bad games for us, and then look silly, given how small a percentage of 150 that actually is. Without committing to a number , you get to hide behind rhetoric and ‘feelings’ basically.
It's not about how many bad games he's had. Everyone has a bad game every once in a while. It's about how many great games he's had, and that number is too low. Most of the time he's just another player and he's meant to be one of our best, if not the best...

P.S. If in your head you think you have a victory over me because I can't be bothered to look up all his games and tell you a number for how many mediocre matches he's had, then you're fecked in the head

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
You know I'm a Pogba fan-boy when I've never had any interaction with you before?

Besides the fact that that claiming someone's either a fanboy or a hater is a sign of a weak argument it was @Rozay who asked for proof and what you provided was quite frankly crap.

You're having a mare here.
I supply stats and all of a sudden I've provided crap? There's all the proof i need to know you're a fanboy

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
It's not about how many bad games he's had. Everyone has a bad game every once in a while. It's about how many great games he's had, and that number is too low. Most of the time he's just another player and he's meant to be one of our best, if not the best...

P.S. If in your head you think you have a victory over me because I can't be bothered to look up all his games and tell you a number for how many mediocre matches he's had, then you're fecked in the head
There’s nothing wrong with my head thank you.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

Except that isn’t true.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I've never heard of Lucas Hernandez, does he play for Real or something? I find it slightly baffling there can be a player I've never noticed existed and yet people are saying he's world class.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I've never heard of Lucas Hernandez, does he play for Real or something? I find it slightly baffling there can be a player I've never noticed existed and yet people are saying he's world class.
You have heard of him I’m sure. He started every match for France at the World Cup at left-back, and currently plays for Bayern, who signed him for £68m from Atletico.

Withnail

I supply stats and all of a sudden I've provided crap? There's all the proof i need to know you're a fanboy
Good one!

It was your conclusion I thought was nonsense rather then the info by the way although I'm not a fan of player ratings, regardless of how they're calculated.

Any comment on De Bruyne's shocking fluctuating whoscored ratings?

Last edited:

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
You have heard of him I’m sure. He started every match for France at the World Cup at left-back, and currently plays for Bayern, who signed him for £68m from Atletico.
Interesting. I must have watched him like you say but he's completely passed me by. Is he more of a left back or a centre back? If he's a left back then he appears to have 2 better left backs ahead of him at his own club. If he's more of a centre back then I guess there's no shame in failing to displace Alaba who's been world class almost from day one. Boateng though I would have thought must be getting a bit over the hill. Is it more for stylistic reasons that they prefer him to Hernandez maybe?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Interesting. I must have watched him like you say but he's completely passed me by. Is he more of a left back or a centre back? If he's a left back then he appears to have 2 better left backs ahead of him at his own club. If he's more of a centre back then I guess there's no shame in failing to displace Alaba who's been world class almost from day one. Boateng though I would have thought must be getting a bit over the hill. Is it more for stylistic reasons that they prefer him to Hernandez maybe?
No, Hernandez did his knee in 2018(Bayern bought him anyway) and has struggled to stay fit. He is more center back than left back but he is very good in both positions.

patty123

Is that true? For example was Owen in the top 3 among strikers in 2001? Was he for example clearly above Ronaldo, Raul, Henry, Trezeguet, Vieri or Shevchenko?

I picked 2001 because for some reason he won the Ballon d'Or.
That was the year they won the 3 cups, league, FA and uefa which is probably why, as he only scored 24 in all comps for the season 00/01.

marktan

I was watching this documentary on Netflix the other day called 'Concrete football', basically regarding street football in France and starring numerous notable French players. What struck me though was a line from some random interviewee, in that he said that they were building 7 new concrete pitches in estates in his area in Paris. That struck me as intereting - in London in a specific area you have lots of little football pitches but most are old and quite small.

The fact that the French are actively taking steps to build pitches in urban areas probably helps them out too, players like Zidane were made on those concrete pitches and having good quality ones available will allow more players to practicse. Of course factor that in with the various French academies probably not too surprising they have a huge depth of quality young players.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

@BalanceUnAutreJoint @JPRouve - talk to me about Maxence Caqueret. Looks like another one ffs!
Captain of the 2000 french generation, central midfielder, a pure one, none of that hybrid CM/AM type, shouldn't ever be judged on G+A production, very good on the ball, doesn't shy away from it even when pressed, was always known to be a very smart player and to make very few mistakes, he's honestly hugely surprised me with his workrate in the 2 games against PSG and Juve, I didn't know he had it in him to cover so much ground even very late into games.
As far as how he's seen in France, I heard many times that Caqueret succeeding at OL was never in doubt, fans seems to agree since they have been asking for him since last season, Bruno Genesio failing to integrate either Caqueret or Gouiri was seen as a big failure in his tenure, Garcia however had to get his hand forced on the matter, Caqueret was not a starter before the COVID break, despite plenty of good performances and Thiago Mendes not really setting the pitch on fire.

Not surprised he's playing this well, a kid who loves the club, starts in the CL for the first time, he was always gonna give his all.

Let's hope these good performances convince Garcia to be more audacious with his choices because I think Bard and Cherki could do just as well as Maxence if they're given playtime, especially Bard who plays in a position where his main competition is a Winger just freshly turned LB

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Captain of the 2000 french generation, central midfielder, a pure one, none of that hybrid CM/AM type, shouldn't ever be judged on G+A production, very good on the ball, doesn't shy away from it even when pressed, was always known to be a very smart player and to make very few mistakes, he's honestly hugely surprised me with his workrate in the 2 games against PSG and Juve, I didn't know he had it in him to cover so much ground even very late into games.
As far as how he's seen in France, I heard many times that Caqueret succeeding at OL was never in doubt, fans seems to agree since they have been asking for him since last season, Bruno Genesio failing to integrate either Caqueret or Gouiri was seen as a big failure in his tenure, Garcia however had to get his hand forced on the matter, Caqueret was not a starter before the COVID break, despite plenty of good performances and Thiago Mendes not really setting the pitch on fire.

Not surprised he's playing this well, a kid who loves the club, starts in the CL for the first time, he was always gonna give his all.

Let's hope these good performances convince Garcia to be more audacious with his choices because I think Bard and Cherki could do just as well as Maxence if they're given playtime, especially Bard who plays in a position where his main competition is a Winger just freshly turned LB
Interesting, sounds like a classic Barcelona type of midfielder, strong in keeping possession and avoiding press. The French seem to keep them coming. I look forward to seeing more.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I was watching this documentary on Netflix the other day called 'Concrete football', basically regarding street football in France and starring numerous notable French players. What struck me though was a line from some random interviewee, in that he said that they were building 7 new concrete pitches in estates in his area in Paris. That struck me as intereting - in London in a specific area you have lots of little football pitches but most are old and quite small.

The fact that the French are actively taking steps to build pitches in urban areas probably helps them out too, players like Zidane were made on those concrete pitches and having good quality ones available will allow more players to practicse. Of course factor that in with the various French academies probably not too surprising they have a huge depth of quality young players.
I've always wondered why I dont see high amounts of street football in England because I always thought that was the greatest link to high quality football aswell. It cant be the weather exactly because other countries like France and Germany aren't exactly that much better (I saw a lot of street football on a German visit). Is it the way the streets, houses and shops are built here - which may reduce the interest of street football?

Yagami

Good post resistant
I've seen a bit of Caqueret prior to the enforced break, and, I don't know if anyone remembers him, but he reminds me a lot of former Lyon midfielder Sergi Darder.

stu_1992

I've always wondered why I dont see high amounts of street football in England because I always thought that was the greatest link to high quality football aswell. It cant be the weather exactly because other countries like France and Germany aren't exactly that much better (I saw a lot of street football on a German visit). Is it the way the streets, houses and shops are built here - which may reduce the interest of street football?
I can't say for Germany, but I don't know where this is coming from in regards to France. Weather is a lot better than England here, unless you're just comparing to a place like Brittany. But even then it's better than the majority of the UK.

I just think there's more facilities here in France for it than the UK. Where I live I see pitches everywhere that are free to use. One thing I've learned since being here too that I believe may play a part is that French children don't have school on Wednesdays. I believe this is all over the country though one of the native French posters can correct me. Instead it's a day will typically be dedicated to extra curricular stuff. Playing sports and all types of sports clubs are a big part of this. I've seen many training sessions with clubs happening about the place on these days, which is the type of time you don't really get elsewhere.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

I dont really have much to add but that part has also surprised me, he has been one of Lyon wonderkids for a while but at youth level I never really imagined him be as good defensively as he has been against PSG. He was supposed to be more on the technical side of things and he seemingly added to his game.

RUCK4444

There’s something in the water over there for sure.

It’s a massive country, big population, football mad like us and most importantly they are really getting it right with the coaching. So I can’t see it stopping any time soon.

It’s more than a tap for talent, it’s a feckin fire hose.

E-mal

The talent pool is great and whatbI think has helped them is that the young players seem to gain alot of experience early in their career playing at a very good level in ligue 1.

Street football also could be a contributing factor alongside facility.

Could immigration and integration have also played a role?