• 5-10 years

Votes: 74 20.8%
  • 10+ years

Votes: 63 17.7%

• Total voters

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
There is no denying that this season is a bit special, SAF has left, United will have their worst ever Premier League finish, and some see this as a start of a Liverpool-esque decline.

I want to hear your opinions on this, do you expect business to resume as normal next season, a transition period of 2-3 years or a full-blown decline and road into oblivion?

Please vote and write a few words about your choice.

Mauzindark

Voted 1-3 years after this one. Really don't want to slag poor Moyes but reckon we'll get rid by Christmas or end of next season. Hopefully he'd have left us with some key new signings. Our next manager will be a world beater and we'll coast to the title in 2015/16.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Three years I'd guess. If Moyes is going to improve to the point where he can win the title then that'll take at least three. If we win the title with a different manager then the time wasted on Moyes and rebuilding the squad will push us to three years too.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Voted 1-3 years after this one. Really don't want to slag poor Moyes but reckon we'll get rid by Christmas or end of next season. Hopefully he'd have left us with some key new signings. Our next manager will be a world beater and we'll coast to the title in 2015/16.
Pretty much this. You can try to not mention him in every thread but the reality is that we won't get back to winning titles until he's gone, so it all depends on that, and seeing as next season will probably be another throw away season like this because he'll be here for half of it, then the season after we'll be back to the top.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I've gone for 3-5.

I'm expecting one more poor season under Moyes before we get back to being challengers under a different managers. And two season for him to win it after two bad years with city and Chelsea probably full of confidence seemed premature hence 3-5 made more sense. Leaning more towards 3 or 4 years.

Gannicus

1-3 years. The Glazers are not fools and will bite the bullet a week or two after this season has mercifully been put to bed. It will take a full season for the new manager to get us sorted out and we will be in the hunt for the prem trophy in the 15/16 season.

Given the calamity of Ferguson's appointment of Moyes I'm ok with that timeline for the recovery of the patient.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
5-10 years.

I don't believe Moyes has what it takes to motivate, inspire and be creative enough to take a squad over the line after 38 matches.

I think he'll be given 3 years though and we will replace him with someone worthy of the Job who will pick us up and lead us to success.

Mainoldo

Can't we add 'the season Moyes is not incharge' vote? Seems more practical.

devil in me

I'd go with the common them of this thread so far in that we can expect another nothing season next season, due to the fact that Moyes is still going to be here for a large part of it. After that, with the right manager and some good investment in the squad, then there is no reason to suggest that we won't be challenging again the following season. But with Chelsea and City continuing to strengthen and with the added threat of Liverpool, it will still be extremely difficult. I'd say 3-5 years would be realistic.

Kag

1-3 years. We have the fundamentals of what could be a fantastic side, and I said before the start of this season that this squad, with the right additions, can achieve something quite special. Even now, I still believe that.

Hopefully Moyes will get sacked sooner rather than later - sorry for bringing this up! - and we bring in a manager that knows how to create an imaginative, progressive football team. Unless Moyes drafts in some help in this regard, I don't think the current coaching staff know how to do that, so the Glazers will make the call eventually. From there, with a couple of shiny new toys in midfield and a left back, we're good to go.

All of this is in my utopian world of course, but I honestly believe it's possible. Imagine if Klopp, a fully fit Gundogan and Luke Shaw came to United in the Summer, would people write us off so readily? I don't think so.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
No e)boue option for those of us who have no idea? Slacking...

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
With Moyes as manager, it's nearly impossible to imagine us winning the league next season. It would take a muppet's wet dream of signings to make that possible.

If we spend some 200m on top level signings, say 4 or 5 of them, in the next two summers then I can see us winning the league in that third season, if Moyes can find an offensive scheme that brings out the best in us.

FFP will also be huge, if it's implemented as intended, as our revenue will allow us to spend more than nearly any other team in the world.

togg

3-5 seems right. It's going to take united a little while to get out of the 'united way' and start catching up with all the other main teams in the UK and Europe...!

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
It would make more sense if the poll didn't list 3 years twice, and 1 year twice.

1. Next Year
2. 2-3 Years
3. 4-5 Years
4. 6-9 Years
5. 10+ Years

Dominos

It depends when Moyes leaves. If we replaced him in the summer we could be optimistic and think it will only take one season to get us back on the right track and we'll be challenging for the title again in 2015/2016 season. More realistically I think the year after.

Got to consider though you can "challenge" every year for a decade and not win it.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Going to be very hard for the next few seasons if Jose gets backed in the transfer market. He probably has the next few leagues in the bag-till he fall out with owner.

Cal?

CR7 fan
It depends when Moyes leaves. Get rid of Moyes now and we'll win it next season.

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
It would make more sense if the poll didn't list 3 years twice, and 1 year twice.

1. Next Year
2. 2-3 Years
3. 4-5 Years
4. 6-9 Years
5. 10+ Years
My idea was not to get people to guess exact dates. 1, 3 and 5 do appear twice, but there is clearly a difference between someone who thinks that it will be in the next three years and someone who thinks it could be closer to five years. If some thinks "I think in two years, but could be three", he will pick 1-3, if someone thinks "Will take at least three years to sort out this mess, so could be three, but maybe even a bit more", he will pick 3-5...

Revan

Assumptionman
5-10 years.

I don't believe Moyes has what it takes to motivate, inspire and be creative enough to take a squad over the line after 38 matches.

I think he'll be given 3 years though and we will replace him with someone worthy of the Job who will pick us up and lead us to success.
Pretty much where I am to it. Count Moyes years here, add the same number of years in order for his successor to fix things and the sum of it will be the result. I guess in around 5 years we will win an another title so was between 3-5 and 5-10 but if I have to guess I think that chances are higher for the later.

It also depends who will be the next manager. Mourinho or Klopp would probably fix things within a second, someone else might take more time even if he is really good.

BW.k

I think we should be patient about the club's situation. Realistically speaking I think it'll be 3-5 before we win our 21st. We're in for a big overhaul. Evra,Ferdinand,Vidic,Giggs will all possibly move in the summer. That's talking about 4 first eleven players that have been a crucial part of our most successful era. The new players coming in will take time to settle and form(hopefully) another great team. We need to be brave in what we invest this summer. A couple of top class players and a handful of youth while take risks ala Gundogan with his injuries or/and paying over the odds for the top talents can prove to be the perfect scenario. Time and time again this season has told us that fortune always favours the brave. If you aren't brave enough in your decisions you won't get the fruit.
When Moyes (can't put it without him unfortunately) arrived I had hopes in him. He was one of my most favourite managers. I admired the work he did at Everton and really liked the way he made his team press for the ball and made them solid defensively. It started off well. A couple of hiccups obviously but also glimpses of exciting football like Swansea(A) and both legs against Leverkusen but the next 4-5 months that followed have been a complete travesty. I feel for Moyes and want him to succeed but I feel that this job is too big for him and the pressure of managing such a big club has got to him and forced him to become safer which obviously has cost him. So I feel that we've got a better chance of competing for the title with someone more competitive in charge but If Moyes proved us all wrong and storm us towards the title in the next couple of seasons I'd be the happiest man on earth.

Shark

@NotShark
I can't see another title coming our way anytime soon unless this coming transfer window produces something really special. By the sounds of things, the club are going to spend big, but there's also the question of rather Moyes has learned anything from this season. It's as if this season has been one big trial for Moyes and next season is going to be the real deal and he'll have to actually meet his requirements. At least, I hope so.

girish

I too love women...for their shoes.
When we finally sack Moyes and bring in a manager who knows what he is,doing, we will win a title. Hopefully next year.

FineYoungCasual

Can't we add 'the season Moyes is not incharge' vote? Seems more practical.
I'd have it as '1-2 seasons after Moyes has been removed'.

Reason being it'll take a season for whoever takes over to repair the damage Moyes is currently doing and the players to regain confidence etc.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
My idea was not to get people to guess exact dates. 1, 3 and 5 do appear twice, but there is clearly a difference between someone who thinks that it will be in the next three years and someone who thinks it could be closer to five years. If some thinks "I think in two years, but could be three", he will pick 1-3, if someone thinks "Will take at least three years to sort out this mess, so could be three, but maybe even a bit more", he will pick 3-5...
I appreciate the way you did it.

Will Absolute

Optimistic scenario - Moyes goes by the end of the season, and a top manager is appointed: We challenge next season.

Less optimistic scenario - Moyes gets two years, and some of our best players move on: Four years +.

Pessimistic scenario - Moyes stays for 4/5 years, and the club is demoralised: Liverpool territory.

Gannicus

Somebody mentioned Klopp a few posts ago. I don't know how good Klopp really is, but let's assume he's the next Pep, or at least the next Jose (Pep > Jose, of course). If he were to replace Moyes and bring Gundogan with him and we landed Shaw to replace Evra, we're really not that far off the talent level of Chelsea and City. Players who have been demoralized this season and performed well below their known previous standards -- and I actually would include Rooney in that bucket -- would be lifted by the arrival of a proven winner in a tough league and we could take the trophy hunt to the last few weeks of the season as soon as next season.

All wishful thinking, no doubt, but a little wishful on a internet forum surely is an indulgence that we're allowed here and there.

ItsEssexRob

Has a slight gambling problem
Supports
Chelsea
Optimistic scenario - Moyes goes by the end of the season, and a top manager is appointed: We challenge next season.

Less optimistic scenario - Moyes gets two years, and some of our best players move on: Four years +.

Pessimistic scenario - Moyes stays for 4/5 years, and the club is demoralised: Liverpool territory.

You think you just need a different manager to challenge?

Defence and midfield needs a overhaul first.