When will you officially lose it during this transfer window?

RedPed

Whatabouter.
At the moment I'm 'relatively' calm with what is going on because I'm choosing to believe that behind the scenes United are doing the right things and making the right moves to ensure that ten Hag gets what he needs for the forthcoming season.

HOWEVER....I will be very pissed if ten Hag isn't boarding that plane to Thailand with the players he needs. I will absolutely lose my shit if he is on the plane to Norway and he still hasn't got the squad he needs.

I don't care who he gets in. I want to see him being given the best chance possible with the players he needs and most certainly before the first game of the season.

When will you guys reach breaking point?

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
We're offloading squad passengers in quite satisfying numbers.

Honestly, I like that atm.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
This was so predictable so its hard to get worked up about it.

peridigm

It's annoying we're so slow at ins/outs but I don't believe much, if any of the BS that we see in the media. Some of it ends up being true yes, but 99% of it is BS. You all get worked up for no reason.
It's obvious we're in for de Jong and if we did not have a chance, I'm sure we'd have moved on by now. Perhaps we have moved on and only the people within the club know this. Perhaps a deal is done and there is some waiting on other things to happen.
Point is, only those working the deal know what is going on. Not some self proclaimed twitter ITK or hear we go merchant. Those people make their bread off clicks. How do you expect them to make money from clicks if they only posted what they know without making up shit?
We'll get signings in. Not worried about that. I'm more worried about those going out. That we really seem to struggle with and the only reason we've let so many players go so far is due to them leaving for free.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Don’t think it’ll happen this window. Its like Valium this window, boring as feck

nickyboy1981

I assume the squad will need to be assessed so don't mind the lack of transfers so far.

I'll be annoyed if we leave for the tour without at least a new dm. Anyone can see that's what we are crying out for.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
By the attitudes of some, some lost it a week after the season ended. Entitled.

“WHERE’S OUR SIX SIGNINGS AT!!!”

Tango80

Honestly, I feel like everyone has just gone mad. Mainly driven by the Nunez Liverpool deal.

If it gets to the end of July and there's still no movement, yeah I'll be concerned. But that's six and a bit weeks away. A long long time.

I tend to get concerned when things are shit. Not when things might be shit. Because at the same time, they also might not be. I don't know. I'm not a psychic. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

choccy77

I assume the squad will need to be assessed so don't mind the lack of transfers so far.

I'll be annoyed if we leave for the tour without at least a new dm. Anyone can see that's what we are crying out for.
Assessed?

Surely they have had a whole season to see how awful bad the squad is. Why do they need another 2 half months?

Deery

Dreary
I don’t understand why people get on their high horse about people moaning about lack of transfer activity. It’s like ‘I love the club being shit, ain’t I so great’..

Irwin99

Not sure I'll ever "lose it" but I'm wondering if this might be like Ole's first Summer window which was very disappointing. Then again maybe we'll sign someone in the January transfer window, he transforms us and we squeeze top 4 on the last game of the season :D :drool:

Von Mistelroum

Never really expected much change. I'm not happy about it but it was always going to happen.

Cathy Ferguson

A first important milestone is when preseason starts. I think we all can agree that signing 2-3 key players before this date is what any club with any kind of basic planning would do. Not least if you have a new manager and had a terrible season.

A second important date is when we fly to Asia and a third date is ahead of the Athletico game if we are to incorporate players ahead of Aug 7th.

We are not ahead of schedule.

Gandalf

Not going to be losing my shit but I think pre season training starts on June 27th so we should have some business done by then if we are going to be giving Erik a good chance at success. I appreciate guys like FDJ would still be on holiday due to international commitments but I do think the Manager needs to know what he will be working with once he gets into training sessions even if they are not all present on day one.

Fair enough if one big deal takes longer and Frenkie may be one where the lack of a pre season won't be an issue due to his familiarity with ETH but to have nothing completed by the time training starts would be pretty amateur hour from our new front office.

ForeverRed1

We're offloading squad passengers in quite satisfying numbers.

Honestly, I like that atm.
I agree, and I hate all the panic at the moment, however, I will say, these players are all out of contract freebies that we couldn’t of or justified keeping. Some of these players could of been sold for good money a year or two ago, so while it’s good these players have left the club, it’s also a sign of the ridiculous decisions the clubs made in recent seasons.

Deery

Dreary
I don’t understand how we’ve known for months maybe years that players needed to be replaced and it looks like there is absolutely no plan in place to replace them or no players identified just going for names that are currently popular De Jong, Anthony I mean they couldn’t have been on our radar long?

Lewnited

I'd really hope that if we're in any way serious about giving EtH a decent chance at laying the building blocks for his team, we'd have the bulk of our business done by the tour.

Once the season starts, the time to drill a squad with new ideas is over and match-to-match prep will likely be at the forefront. We wuite clearly suffered badly with this last season, we have to start strong this season.

allen7

Its because Ralf has made some bold statements in the past about transfers and LVG clearly blocked the move of Timber and now possibly FDJ.

Yes we have some major concerns at midfield but personally I won't lose even if we sign 0 players and just promote garner, garnacho into first team to make up numbers. Because I trust the manager and ready to wait for 2 full seasons before judging him.

On the positive side, imagine if Varane, Ronaldo, Rashford, Bruno, Sancho, DDG plays to their full potential.

Paul_Scholes18

I have faith that Ten´Haag can improve our defenders if we get the midfield we need. Granted I like to see a right back and central defender.

We really need two top midfielders that can lift the rest of the squad.

I like Fred and Mctominay, but they are not enough and not creative enough.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Looks like Arsenal have got Jesus over the line, who would be their third signing of the window.

Liverpool have all but finished their business, City have brought in the best young striker on the planet, and Spurs are being very shrewd and bringing in some real talent. Chelsea are hamstring for obvious reasons but are already in a far stronger position to us.

It's not simply our inaction, it's how our actions in the market are relative to our rivals.

I'm already pretty frustrated as this window just stinks like so many that came before it. I hope I'm wrong, but that's the only sort of hope I've currently got :lol:

Remember the geese

I'm on my way to losing it already. I wanted Nunez. I wanted Timber. I expect us to have definitive news on De Jong by the end of June/early July. If we don't sign him I'll be pissed, but as long as we move quickly and snap up 3 or 4, I may be placated.

redcorner

I will loose it if they somehow resign Pogba and Lingard
In fact Loosing it will be an understatement

croadyman

I'm on my way to losing it already. I wanted Nunez. I wanted Timber. I expect us to have definitive news on De Jong by the end of June/early July. If we don't sign him I'll be pissed, but as long as we move quickly and snap up 3 or 4, I may be placated.
We were never getting De Jong and Nunez with these leeching owners