When will you officially lose it during this transfer window?

Red Royal

I will just chill till mid July and give this new lot (Murtogh and co) plus ETH the benefit of doubt.... maybe it is just keeping things extremely hush hush. Starting to doubbt it a little though.

Keep Calm and Muppet On.

Hmmm, if we haven't signed anyone before our first preseason game. Then I'd be less optimistic about our season and I'd be worried on behalf of ten Hag.

Red_toad

Officially lose what?
Be a bit like getting angry at the sun for rising too early, as it’s something no fan has control of. Would like to see a few new signings prior to the tour down under, but will still go to the game regardless.

mctrials23

I lost it a month ago when we hadn't announced Haaland, FdJ, Veratti, Tchouameni and a 25 year old Messi.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
We're offloading squad passengers in quite satisfying numbers.

Honestly, I like that atm.
Yes. Small steps at the moment and highly necessary to clear the decks.
But even more necessary is signing the right players with the right attitude. Not just here for the money, but here to win things.

Steve Bruce

I'm concerned about it at the moment, but no where near panicking or losing it.

I'm very much when the window closes and the next day I look at the squad. After we signed Maguire and AWB etc I lost it when I looked at the squad.

At the time I was happy with what we brought in but when I looked at the squad and seen the midfield by heart sank. It was clear we where never going to be close with the midfield we had/still mostly have.

I'll be the same again this season. I'll wait until after the window closes and look at the finished squad and assess. If we end up signing only 2 players I'll not even bother looking.

GBBQ

I think I've gone past caring at this point. The whole team is an underperforming disappointment and probably needs a few windows to sort it out. The flip side is perhaps ETH can get a tune out of some of the players or bring through some promising youth players. I think its down to what ETH wants. if DeJong is the long term linchpin then it might make more sense to hold out for him than trying to get Bissouma in for example.

Thistlesoup

To be honest, if there’s hard work behind the scenes right now, such as making moves for De Jong and Eriksen, I’m somewhat content for now.

Would obviously love a signing or three before the tour. However, as long as things are happening according to Ten Hag’s wishes, that’s good enough for me. I’m backing him and putting full trust and faith in him until there’s a clear reason not to.

It's nothing to do with trusting or not Erik ten Hag. You're putting your trust in a failing club structure which hasn't functioned for almost a decade now. Ten Hag is just the latest sticking plaster.

We're going nowhere with the same shambolic modus operandi every year.

It's all sadly predictable. If no one is signed by the start of pre-season, then I'll put a bet on no top four.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Nothing has happened recently?
I like your attitude though I think we could have off loaded a few more by now.

I am pissed off that we weren't in for Bissouma or the left back from Brighton and that Ericksen is the only free transfer we have been interested in, we have a low budget so surely we could have gone in for others? Kamara and the Ajax right back being two examples.

I'll give it another week before I start to melt.
In case of departures we'll probably witness loaning out & selling near the end of the window, including deadline day. It happened in the past and think ETH will want to get rid another pack of players after the tour, but before that we'll complete more than few signings.

Just doing simple math suggests United's multiple spending will logically happen after six senior players left already and others will follow after we'll make first signings this window.

Question is when and I wouldn't put faith in any journalists, even the few from top tier as the only thing they know is Murtough & Ten Hag met not so long ago to set up prioties. Everything else is just hysterical speculation.

Elcabron

In case of departures we'll probably witness loaning out & selling near the end of the window, including deadline day. It happened in the past and think ETH will want to get rid another pack of players after the tour, but before that we'll complete more than few signings.

Just doing simple math suggests United's multiple spending will logically happen after six senior players left already and others will follow after we'll make first signings this window.

Question is when and I wouldn't put faith in any journalists, even the few from top tier as the only thing they know is Murtough & Ten Hag met not so long ago to set up prioties. Everything else is just hysterical speculation.
I don't think that it is speculation to say that we weren't in for any of those free signings mentioned except Ericksen or indeed Bissouma at 25m or the Brighton left back. It's frustrating that we weren't.

Also it's a bit concerning if ETH needs to see some of the fringe players on tour, they ain't good enough, surely he knows that.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
I don't think that it is speculation to say that we weren't in for any of those free signings mentioned except Ericksen or indeed Bissouma at 25m or the Brighton left back. It's frustrating that we weren't.

Also it's a bit concerning if ETH needs to see some of the fringe players on tour, they ain't good enough, surely he knows that.
After six main players left, he'll definitely need to sign players now to resupply cleared squad a bit, then it'll simply be easier to say goodbye to another portion without having too much holes in the squad.

Gotta admit, there's a lot of maneuvering stuff to do in this window, but it must happen after so many players already left. No turning back now since the clearout commenced.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
After opening this thread, I'm leaving Bangkok next week...typical.

crossy1686

career ending
I'm already prepared for a proper shite season again and one or two underwhelming signings this summer so I probably officially lost it at some point last season.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
With all the talk of "getting business done early" shortly after Ten Hag joined, I'd be disappointed if we haven't made a minimum of 1 signing before the end of June.

Disappointed but not surprised.

Kramer

When we start the opening game of the season against Brighton with Fred and Mctominay in midfield.

James35

If at least two of our prospective signings are not in and ready for the first game of the season, I’m losing my shit. Don’t want us to be signing players after 4 or 5 games have been played and we are inevitably already playing top 4 catch up.

I don’t care how good ETH may be, he cannot polish turd and if we start league with our shocking midfield (let alone our other weak areas) that will be minus Pogba and Matic, I can’t see us getting any more than 5 points from our opening 5 games. Pray Ronaldo is fit to go also as we don’t even have Cavani anymore.

We have to have better players in the team ready from the start as we finished the last 2 months of the season with only Norwich having worse form. The team was completely in the mud and has only been weakened by departures. There is also zero guarantees they will fall in line for ETH new methods and not just be the usual weak minded fools they have been for years.

romufc

Before we fly out to pre season.

How can you expect a new manager to work with 2 CM's.

2 below average CM's, who could maybe get into a championship side, yet they want us to compete against our rivals.

There is no point of having pre season with McFred, it is going to achieve nothing in terms of attacking play and defensive play.

Thistlesoup

If at least two of our prospective signings are not in and ready for the first game of the season, I’m losing my shit. Don’t want us to be signing players after 4 or 5 games have been played and we are inevitably already playing top 4 catch up.

I don’t care how good ETH may be, he cannot polish turd and if we start league with our shocking midfield (let alone our other weak areas) that will be minus Pogba and Matic, I can’t see us getting any more than 5 points from our opening 5 games. Pray Ronaldo is fit to go also as we don’t even have Cavani anymore.

We have to have better players in the team ready from the start as we finished the last 2 months of the season with only Norwich having worse form. The team was completely in the mud and has only been weakened by departures. There is also zero guarantees they will fall in line for ETH new methods and not just be the usual weak minded fools they have been for years.

The question I'd love to ask the Chief Scout, Technical Director, Football Director etc is what on earth do they do all year?

The transfer window opens and its as if they suddenly wake up and go, "Oh feck! Better sign someone!".

They then begin to scramble around making offers for flavour-of-the-month, high profile players, that a kid playing Fifa or FM might have picked.

This is spun out throughout the entire summer, before the last minute panick buying commences of players that the manager may not want, and who cannot be bedded in before the season begins.

Why is there a consistent lack of prior planning, preparation and strategic thinking?

ShinjiNinja26

Officially lose what?
Be a bit like getting angry at the sun for rising too early, as it’s something no fan has control of. Would like to see a few new signings prior to the tour down under, but will still go to the game regardless.
Aye it’s pointless getting stressed out over something you’ve got absolutely zero influence over. Come the start of the season we’ll have either made signings or we won’t, all the constant bitching and moaning on the caf isn’t going to change that in any way.

RatPack

If we are not able to get De Jong or another DM over the line by pre-season and Antony goes to Tottenham instead

Abraxas

I can't ever imagine "losing it" over a transfer window. What would be the point?

Tango80

I think the problem is people look too much at what others are doing.

At the end of the day, permutations are simple. Sign what you need by this date. If you get a decent number in, great. If not, not so great.

CarbonStoolBites

I wouldn’t, even if we signed no one.
Rather that than signing players for the sake of it.
We have some excellent young players who could maybe do the same job as a 30-40 million signing if not better, we’ll never know until they’re given a chance.

I have zero exceptions heading into the new season, all I want to see is gradual improvement in play, and results, I want to see a plan developing into a system that can push into the correct direction in the near future.

We’re not challenging for the title regardless of who we sign and we’re not going to battle relegation if we signed no one.

I would be delighted to see the next team built around academy players the way some of our great teams were built, instead of signing some flavor of the month players for the sake of it.

Although I’m fully against spending 70-80 millions on one player given our state, I trust ETH fully and if he thinks that one specific player is essential at any price then so be it.

Dravy

For me it mainly comes down to whether ETH actually agrees with the decisions the structure is making. After last season I've been convinced it can get even worse before it gets better.

If the manager truly believes that there's nothing on the market he fancies, other than ostensibly unattainable targets like De Jong, and that he can still pull something off with a mixture of younger players and the current squad, then I'll have faith.

Most of us fans wanted a Liverhamptonpool type window, which it doesn't appear we're going to get; especially before preseason.

If it's a matter of ten Hag just not being backed, or even more incompetence from the structure (mainly as an excuse to penny pinch), especially considering last season and all our top four rivals strengthening, then I'll be worried.

At best though currently I'm expecting sixth again, and a Europa league win for Champions League, with definite signs of a change in style of play.

big_jeffstar

Patience is going to be key, also I think it’s a lot less likely we’ll be signing a load of players this window, wether we like it or not ETH has said he wants to be the one to decide who is good enough, he’s not even seen them train yet has he? It’s his first transfer window and there’s lots of issues to fix before you even get to the squad, I think we’ll see one or two this window, one in January and then you’ll see a more structured window next summer, everyone has to get on the same page first.. the scouts, the board and the manager.. it’s going to take a bit of time..and throwing money at the problem is too much of the same

croadyman

With all the talk of "getting business done early" shortly after Ten Hag joined, I'd be disappointed if we haven't made a minimum of 1 signing before the end of June.

Disappointed but not surprised.
I'm sure that was the plan until we suddenly became aware there was a possibility of De Jong being available, therefore our budget for other transfers suddenly changed with that news.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
My expectation level is in all time low at the moment. As long as we promoted 5 youngsters from the academy, I think I’ll be fine.

RatPack

I am all for youth players. But Who to play the 2 CM behind Bruno. Who to play instead of Ronaldo if rumors are true.
Our strongest youth players sems to be wings and AM + one defender.
And even with youth players I still think we can be in trouble if/when injuries piles up.
Therefore I Cannot see us not signing a CF and minimum one DM.

brian017

Looks like we’re already writing of this season again. See you for the 23/24 season!

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
So remember guys, even though the manager is getting frustrated - you're not allowed to be.

Blood Mage

We should have made two signings by now. The writing is already on the wall.

RedDevil@84

It is the same cycle again. Some caf members start moaning early. Some other caf members moan hey it's not June yet, hey it's just Jun 9th or 18th or 27th, call other caf members drama queens. We start signing 1 player or so. And many will get their hopes up. And by end of window where we need 5-6 players, we sign 2-3 for exorbitant prices and salaries, falling short yet again.
I am just curious which player would we sign to play LW

Kag

Two midfielders and an attacker should be at the club before we head out for pre season. If not then it’s negligence.

Defensive acquisitions needed when we’ve got rid of a few.