Where do you draw the line.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

UpWithRivers

The majority of people still want Ole to do well....but he is not. Where do you draw the line.

Form: Lets say next 11 games that takes us to the end of October - How many points to totally believe in him. How many to think he is heading in the right direction and how many points to jump on the Ole out bus.
Fixtures (Not that difficult bar Arsenal and Liverpool) - Leicester/Asana/ West Ham/ Rochdale/ Arsenal/ Az Alkmaar /Newcastle / Liverpool / Partisan Belgrade / Norwich City - Total points available = Prem League 7 Games 21 points / Carabao Cup - 1 game / Europa - 3 games

I would say -
Totally Believe - he needs to win all cup games and all Prem games bar a draw to probably Liverpool = 19 points
Heading in right direction - Lose max 2 Prem games - 15 points
Ole Out - Anything lower than 15 points or more than 3 losses + draws

Final Position - Same again - What position with the team we have would you say that Ole has proved doubters wrong. What position to still believe he is heading in the right direction and what position to jump on the Ole out bus.

I would say-
Totally Believe - 4th and higher. Dont think this is possible but Ill eat my shoes if he does it
Heading in right direction - 5th and higher and we are playing good football/ look like we have turned a corner
Ole out - 6th if we have been terrible and just manage 6th by fluke. If we have a bad 2/3/4 months then premiership winning form for example then no. Anything from 7th down is unacceptable.

Last edited:

Eriku

Good, there’s not enough permutations of the "Ole out" theme on this forum, so I for one welcome this thread.

lynchie

I love these periods when we're not playing, for the general ratcheting up of discontent, despite nothing new happening.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
In the sand normally, but I know a lot of people go for “under it”

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
As soon as he starts frowning, and calling Rashy by his Christian name.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He's got this season come what may.

If we show some sort of gameplan and decent football, he can probably survive even if we come 6th.

If we come any further down, lose a number of games to cannon fodder at home, and don't seem to have any shape to the team, it'll be a total different story I think.

UtdAgain08

I'd draw the line at anyone using the term Ole Out, maybe a short ban would do the job.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
The 'Ole out' line at 14 points from 7 games is more points per game than 3rd place got last season. Sums up expectations vs reality on here.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
Do not try and draw the line, that's pointless. Instead, only try to realize the truth... there is no line. Then you'll see that it is not the line that is drawn, it is only yourself.

Moonwalker

The line must be drawn here! This far, no further! And I will make them pay for what they've done!

UpWithRivers

The 'Ole out' line at 14 points from 7 games is more points per game than 3rd place got last season. Sums up expectations vs reality on here.
Well considering the results of the first four games and the the 3 wins in 15 and the fact that most of these teams bar Liverpool we should be beating then yes he has to start delivering points at a higher rate than a 5/6/7/8th team.
Its already one of the worst starts in Man Utd history - Mourinho did this last year and was sacked. 14 points from 7 would mean something like total 11 games played - lost 4, drawn 2, won 5 and only played two top 5 teams.
Total points 19 from a third of premier league games in a season - carry on at that rate and its 57 points - 7th if we are lucky
Thats the point of this thread - is that acceptable? Im more interested in where the fans stand. What are they hoping for. More than an Ole out which everyone thinks this is....which it is but indirectly

SaintMuppet

Do not try and draw the line, that's pointless. Instead, only try to realize the truth... there is no line. Then you'll see that it is not the line that is drawn, it is only yourself.
Nicely done, and surprisingly appropriate for the question.

wolvored

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Drawn it here

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Well considering the results of the first four games and the the 3 wins in 15 and the fact that most of these teams bar Liverpool we should be beating then yes he has to start delivering points at a higher rate than a 5/6/7/8th team.
Its already one of the worst starts in Man Utd history - Mourinho did this last year and was sacked. 14 points from 7 would mean something like total 11 games played - lost 4, drawn 2, won 5 and only played two top 5 teams.
Total points 19 from a third of premier league games in a season - carry on at that rate and its 57 points - 7th if we are lucky
Thats the point of this thread - is that acceptable? Im more interested in where the fans stand. What are they hoping for. More than an Ole out which everyone thinks this is....which it is but indirectly
11 games isn't a third of the season. Anyway, it's actually a pretty tough 7 game run, one of the most difficult we'll have. West Ham away isn't easy at all, we've won once there in 5 years this is their best team in years against our worst.

UpWithRivers

So we loose the next 7 games and that's fine. Rubbish. Theres a line alright oh yes there is...Ole love had blinded everyone to believe there is no line but it's there. It's like talking to a 17 year old that's just met a girl and fell in love and won't see what all his friends are telling him....but it's there. It might not happen and we all love the love so will stick by him...but it's still there.

Status
Not open for further replies.