Where do you rank Mason Greenwood as a talent?

He could be superb. Let's remember he is only a young kid, and sometimes they burn out fast and don't meet expectations, but he has all the potential in the world.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
I hope he reads RedCafe and sees all this praise.

I hope Lingard also reads RedCafe.

flappyjay

Same. Never thought he’d have 726 goals. SAf didn’t know it. No one did. He just turned into a goat level player so fast but obviously it was years in a making hence the weirdness off it. But I definitely didn’t expect what he is. I mean do you know a single person that did? Best winger in the world at some point? Sure! But best player of all time. Highest goal scorer of all time? (He’ll get pat 805 goals) Absolutely did not see that coming and if anyone did they should be working as fecking scout right now.
Him and Messi being in competition probably helped them both reach their crazy levels.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I think posters should go back and read the kind of talent he's been compared to: RVP,Rooney,Ronaldo.

They were some of the greatest talents of their generation and we think he just might be up to being as good as if not better....

Just need to reflect on that and think;he's ours:drool:

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Best player of all time is still debatable, but he is in the bracket of 'GOAT' players with Maradona, Messi, Pele.
Yeah I agree with that. Sorry should have said one of Goats.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I think posters should go back and read the kind of talent he's been compared to: RVP,Rooney,Ronaldo.

They were some of the greatest talents of their generation and we think he just might be up to being as good as if not better....

Just need to reflect on that and think;he's ours:drool:
Exactly. And honestly it's not like the caf ever hypes up young players to the point where they'll never live up to those expectations or anyth.. oh wait.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Exciting stuff mate. Greenwood, Martial, Rashford and possibly Sancho would just be mouth watering and honestly best attack since Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez.
Can all four play in the same side though? Right now it would be Sancho or Greenwood in this team.

In Rainbows

Can all four play in the same side though? Right now it would be Sancho or Greenwood in this team.
Not necessarily. Sancho can play on the left as well. I think he actually prefers it actually. It's just that Dortmund puts him on the right to fit everyone else, and Sancho is almost as good on the right so Dortmund still largely benefits. He's different from Martial or Rashford in that they greatly suffer if you take them away from their preferred wing.

Paxi

I’m sure you remember all great United sides. What they all had in common was the attacking options we had. No way we win the treble without Ole, Yorke, Teddy and Cole and we had just two spots then, now we have 3. But anyway, we need that depth to truly take us back to the top. Sancho is essential in my opinion. Also, Ole seems to have good man management and I’m sure all 4 will be happy if we’re going deep in 4 competitions every year. I really hope we get Sancho it would genuinely make us frightening and we haven’t been that since 2008.

In Rainbows

To be honest I think all this hype of him being a Messi is nonesense. To me his level is basically R9.
Nah. R9 would be if Greenwood had another gear in technical ability and physical ability. R9 is basically a more technical version of Mbappe. Give Mbappe Cherki's dribbling ability and that's R9 which is insane to think about.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
We might be a little unbalanced with that four plus Pogba and Bruno in the side.

Alternating the four of them every week would be the wiser move.

Gazza

While Mason definitely has RVP's body shape and finishing style, the comparisons to Robbie Fowler also ring true to me; that instinctive left/right foot finishing, the ability to shift the ball out of his feet and get a shot off quickly, with little backlift, and that ice-cold mentality anywhere near the box.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
I’m sure you remember all great United sides. What they all had in common was the attacking options we had. No way we win the treble without Ole, Yorke, Teddy and Cole and we had just two spots then, now we have 3. But anyway, we need that depth to truly take us back to the top. Sancho is essential in my opinion. Also, Ole seems to have good man management and I’m sure all 4 will be happy if we’re going deep in 4 competitions every year. I really hope we get Sancho it would genuinely make us frightening and we haven’t been that since 2008.
True. And Greenwood is still only 18, gotta take it slow with him. So yeah, why not both?! :D

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
To be honest I think all this hype of him being a Messi is nonesense. To me his level is basically R9.
Yeah Mason isn’t that type of player at all. He won’t dribble a whole team and win you a game single handed. So talk of GOAT is madness.

But he has the potential to be a lethal goal scorer.

Paxi

True. And Greenwood is still only 18, gotta take it slow with him. So yeah, why not both?! :D
Sancho is way ahead in experience though so it’s quite hard to get him and then try to break him in as he’s already a CL player and an England international. If Sancho signs — he starts but Greenwood will displace either Martial or Rashford — I’ve zero doubt about that. Anyway, it would be so exciting and genuinely now I’ve never been so excited since we signed RVP. Something good is coming — I can feel it in my bones. :D

MUM

He's a young talent up there with the best, I'm just glad he's a red with plenty of time to improve even more.

It's hard to compare because of different positions, Mason is definitely the best forward, but Scholes was the best midfielder for me.
Scholes was the slowest out of the class of 92 and didn't look a super super talent until years later into his senior carer, he didn't even become a proper midfielder until some time later.
Their starts to their senior careers are night and day, Giggs is the only one who comes close.

Paxi

Scholes was the slowest out of the class of 92 and didn't look a super super talent until years later into his senior carer, he didn't even become a proper midfielder until some time later.
Also worth mentioning that fergie though he had no chance of making it but he did play as a striker for youth teams.

RedDevilRoshi

Think he is the best teenage talent in Britain right now. In terms of potential, certainly reminds a lot like RVP but let’s how he develops as he could be even better in the next 5-10 years than what we have already witnessed from him so far.

As Ole has mentioned, the sky is the limit for Mason.

beergod

While Mason definitely has RVP's body shape and finishing style, the comparisons to Robbie Fowler also ring true to me; that instinctive left/right foot finishing, the ability to shift the ball out of his feet and get a shot off quickly, with little backlift, and that ice-cold mentality anywhere near the box.
Another that comes to mind is Hernan Crespo with how he generates so much power with so little backlift.

Revan

Assumptionman
Yeah Mason isn’t that type of player at all. He won’t dribble a whole team and win you a game single handed. So talk of GOAT is madness.

But he has the potential to be a lethal goal scorer.
A RvN type of player. He has been compared more with RvP, but IMO, he is more similar to Nistelrooy. RvP was very one-footed, and at Greenwood's age, was not a good finisher at all.

Greenwood also has a massive pace, has to be one of the fastest players in the league. Has easily world-class talent, and should be better than our other two strikers within a couple of years, if everything goes right. I don't remember being more bullish for a United young player since Ronaldo. Injury-permitting, if he doesn't become one of the best players in the world, I will be extremely surprised and disappointed.

Art

Art the artist
What I love about him despite his footballing talents is his attitude. The kid's ice cold. Unfazed by the occassion. Special player.

IhabX7

Ronaldo is a weird one. He was obviously talented but no one, no one could have predicted what he became.
Maybe no one thought he'd be the best of all time, but many of us knew he can become the best in the world at some point.

JohnnyKills

Up there with Foden and Ansu Fati. Doubt there's a bigger talent in Europe.

Steven-UK

I think Greenwood is the most instinctive finisher we have in the team already, or have had since RVP. Probably the most valuable teenager in the league.

drmuji

Ok. A question which is popping in my head. He certainly is a top quality talent but what do you guys think about other top talents in premier league. I know that People are hyping up alot regarding couple of Chelsea youngsters and Foden from Manchester City.
I mean to say, what do you guys think about other upcoming talent in Premier League

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Ok. A question which is popping in my head. He certainly is a top quality talent but what do you guys think about other top talents in premier league. I know that People are hyping up alot regarding couple of Chelsea youngsters and Foden from Manchester City.
I mean to say, what do you guys think about other upcoming talent in Premier League
I like Saka from Arsenal, he's another who is going to be an England international soon.

Tel074

I can't wait to see him when he eventually leads the line . He is lethal with both feet

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
So we have: RVP,Rooney,Messi,Ronaldo,Fowler,Crespo,RVN,Scholes

I await: Pele,Cruyff,Best,Maradona

Flexdegea

Hes getting a lot of plaudits at the moment and rightly so hes an incredible talent.

Honestly think if he wasnt English and not at united the hype be even more.

Both Footed RVP, his tally this season being bit part is top notch. Ceiling is huge. Think he only player who could run Rooney goal record close. All goes well he own it

Dante

Average bang
In the season that Rooney finished as an 17 year old, he scored 8 goals in 37 games; and in the season he finished as an 18 year old, he scored 9 goals in 40 matches.

In the season Greenwood finished as a 17 year old, he scored 0 goals in 4 games; and in the season he's going to finish as an 18 year old, he's scored 15 goals in 41 matches so far.

So, at the same stages of their career, Rooney was at 17 goals in 77 matches whereas Greenwood is at 15 goals in 45 matches.

If Greenwood scores 3 more before the end of the season (and he will) he'll have overtaken Rooney for his club goal scoring record.

starman

Rooney is still the most exciting teenager I've seen followed by Owen, Mbappe, Ronaldo & Messi, I wouldn't put Greenwood up with them yet as they were putting in big performances at CL and International level at the same age

spontaneus1

Hamster, damn!
A RvN type of player. He has been compared more with RvP, but IMO, he is more similar to Nistelrooy. RvP was very one-footed, and at Greenwood's age, was not a good finisher at all.

Greenwood also has a massive pace, has to be one of the fastest players in the league. Has easily world-class talent, and should be better than our other two strikers within a couple of years, if everything goes right. I don't remember being more bullish for a United young player since Ronaldo. Injury-permitting, if he doesn't become one of the best players in the world, I will be extremely surprised and disappointed.
He's already scored more goals from outside the box than RVN did for us.