Where does Pogba fit in?

GMoore23

Pogba has to go in my opinion. He's been nothing but controversial since he signed and when playing, he lacks the passion and determination I love to see in United players.
I truly believe his sale will be the catalyst resulting in a major title push next season, similar to when Liverpool sold coutinho.
Ole probably only has around 75m net to work with in the summer so the sale of Pogba is going to be crucial to Ole completing his rebuild.
If pogba has a good Euros, I can honestly see us fetching 130 - 150m.
Liverpool got £140m for Coutinho and he hadn't the reputation of Pogba. They then signed Van Dijk and Alisson and were a better team for it.
If United invest as wisely in the summer after the sale of Pogba, we'll be true title contenders for the first time since 2013.

FromTheBench

We can play a diamond in midfield if we have to fit him. But otherwise he doesnt.

Skåre Willoch

Playing him and Bruno at the same time could be the key to unlocking the defenses we've struggled against this season. Imagine him and Bruno controlling the game, with Rashford, Martial and James (or hopefully Sancho) running in front.

In games like yesterday we'd have to choose between Bruno and Pogba, though. And Bruno gets it 10 times out of 10.

reelworld

If Pogba can improve his defensive positioning then he should be in to partner Fred/McTominay. United at the moment are relying every creativity at Bruno's feet. We need another source of playmaking and defensive ability from deep. Pogba have the passing ability and creativity, but he doesn't have the defensive discipline to play that role consistently. What I would give for a prime Carrick in this team, he'd be perfect

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Lets just hope he comes back feeling motivated ready to prove a point. A motivated Pogba is still one of the best players in the league and would instantly push us up another gear. We could try a midfield 3 of Bruno/Pogba and a defensive midfielder, that would probably work fairly well as it was the formation Pogba played the most at Juve and Bruno has the tools to both be brilliant in attack but also track back.

More importantly though our fixture list remaining, the majority of the games are going to be up against teams where we can focus more on attack and less on defense, that will allow us to play both Pogba and Bruno as we'll be dominating the ball.

Mainoldo

Lets just hope he comes back feeling motivated ready to prove a point. A motivated Pogba is still one of the best players in the league and would instantly push us up another gear. We could try a midfield 3 of Bruno/Pogba and a defensive midfielder, that would probably work fairly well as it was the formation Pogba played the most at Juve and Bruno has the tools to both be brilliant in attack but also track back.

More importantly though our fixture list remaining, the majority of the games are going to be up against teams where we can focus more on attack and less on defense, that will allow us to play both Pogba and Bruno as we'll be dominating the ball.
1 of? Except for KDB which midfielder is better than him?

hungrywing

You know all those sports movies where that one talented troublemaker kid gets on the team and acts like he's in charge of all the other poor hardworking kids because his dad is rich and powerful but then he starts getting some of the other kids to act arrogant and stupid like him and gets kicked off the team by the coach and then he runs to daddy and gets the coach fired but he still can't play due to a technicality and meanwhile the poor hardworking kids who value teamwork and the journeyman assistant coach learn to win without him and in the end he comes back and is like 'Guys, you know I did it all for you, right?' and they don't let him back on the team and go on to win the state championship?

Yeah.

dirkey

Move him on. He doesn't want to be here. His market is drying up so it'll be a nice little dig to his over-inflated ego.

Look at the difference Bruno has made to, not only the team, but the players around him. Pogba has never done that. He flashes his own brilliance, but in general doesn't lift the level of the team.

Ole wants lads who want to play for the shirt. Look at the joy and determination out there yesterday.

Ta-rah Paul. Hasn't even been that much fun.

Classical Mechanic

Ole will play him at the base taking Matic's place I'd image. I have to admit that depite my view of Pogba dimming significantly in recent times I am looking forward to seeing him link up with Bruno.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
1 of? Except for KDB which midfielder is better than him?
Well, i'll be brutally honest and say that I don't overly rate him all that much as he has too many issues in his game and strops around too much. When he's on fire he's clearly right up there with KDB though, but we've rarely seen that form. Hence me not rating him much. I do think he's been unfortunate to join us when the squad has been at its weakest in 25 odd years. Right player, wrong time.

Marty1968

Where does he fit in??........In Madrid with all the other big time charlies!

cyril C

If Pogba can improve his defensive positioning then he should be in to partner Fred/McTominay. United at the moment are relying every creativity at Bruno's feet. We need another source of playmaking and defensive ability from deep. Pogba have the passing ability and creativity, but he doesn't have the defensive discipline to play that role consistently. What I would give for a prime Carrick in this team, he'd be perfect
Do you honestly believe Pogba will work on his defensive ability, instead of his emoji creativity, web site productivity? If we are 2 games from CL final then perhaps yes, not on a league base format when you need to put in effort game after game. Mourinho made a true comment on Pogba, he just need him to put in a 7 game after game, not a 10 then a 3 in the following weeks.

Bondi77

Like a few have already said, on the bench.
He has been out for so long now I would start off with ten minutes at the end of the game or bring him on when we have the game wrapped up to rest one of our starters.
We don’t want to get him injured again so let’s take it real slow.

Banana Republic

For all Pogba’s undisputed talents, defensive duties are not even on the list.
He is hopeless in the midfield defensive roll and shows absolutely no interest or desire in taking on those responsibilities.
It’s inherent in his play and psyche. No chance of coaching him in that role.
If he is to get back into the team, it has to be alongside Bruno, pushing forward, or in rotation with Bruno, which I don’t think either player or the fans will accept.

The best option is a plane ticket, but there’s no way we’re getting more than £90m for him. It’s dreamworld to believe otherwise.

reelworld

Do you honestly believe Pogba will work on his defensive ability, instead of his emoji creativity, web site productivity? If we are 2 games from CL final then perhaps yes, not on a league base format when you need to put in effort game after game. Mourinho made a true comment on Pogba, he just need him to put in a 7 game after game, not a 10 then a 3 in the following weeks.
I don't know. But IMO it's more possible to developed defensive discipline as most of it comes with experience, than the other way around, but you've got to want it. It's like Scholes at the end of his career, he's very sound in taking defensive position, which enable him to play that deep playmaking role. But Pogba, it need a big commitment from him, and I don't know if he has it. If Pogba to leave, I honestly don't have a fecking clue who to replace him.

NickSantigo

Any word on when he is back training?
I find it disappointing he wasn't the game yesterday cheering on his teammates or is he still in Dubai?

Andy_Cole

For all Pogba’s undisputed talents, defensive duties are not even on the list.
He is hopeless in the midfield defensive roll and shows absolutely no interest or desire in taking on those responsibilities.
It’s inherent in his play and psyche. No chance of coaching him in that role.
If he is to get back into the team, it has to be alongside Bruno, pushing forward, or in rotation with Bruno, which I don’t think either player or the fans will accept.

The best option is a plane ticket, but there’s no way we’re getting more than £90m for him. It’s dreamworld to believe otherwise.
I’d take £90m for a player who’s given us nothing but grief this season.

ICHM

Somewhere else draining their salary budget. He is bad karma and needs to be gone. We are now a team, not a collection of ego's. He was bad for Rashy and Lingard who followed this fool too closely.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Pogba has to go in my opinion. He's been nothing but controversial since he signed and when playing, he lacks the passion and determination I love to see in United players.
I truly believe his sale will be the catalyst resulting in a major title push next season, similar to when Liverpool sold coutinho.
Ole probably only has around 75m net to work with in the summer so the sale of Pogba is going to be crucial to Ole completing his rebuild.
If pogba has a good Euros, I can honestly see us fetching 130 - 150m.
Liverpool got £140m for Coutinho and he hadn't the reputation of Pogba. They then signed Van Dijk and Alisson and were a better team for it.
If United invest as wisely in the summer after the sale of Pogba, we'll be true title contenders for the first time since 2013.
Liverpool got that fee for Coutinho because Barcalona just received 220 mil from the Neymar sale. Considering Pogba's lack of playing time this season, I can't see him going for a coutinho fee unless he has a mega amazing euro's.

But since he doesn't want to be here we need to move him on and stick with signing players who want to be part of the project.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
If he's fit he should play of course. We pay him a handsome amount of wages and he is still a very good player.

Somewhere else draining their salary budget. He is bad karma and needs to be gone. We are now a team, not a collection of ego's. He was bad for Rashy and Lingard who followed this fool too closely.
Stop making stuff up just because you dont like him.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I don’t know because Fred is undroppable at the moment & I don’t think he’s a DM. Matic at DM with Fernandes & Pogba could work but it’s so so harsh on the Pastor.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Bruno is Pogbas replacement.

The team has started playing better. The Club has not changed. Pogba will be gone. His Sale value will not be truly reinvested.

Lee565

He will obviously get games as we would potentially be fighting on 3 fronts and are squad lacks depth in quality but the great thing is pogba cant just expect to walk back into the side as a 1st choice in midfield if matic, fred, mctominay and Fernandes keep up their current form.

He's not the main man anymore, he is going to have to live up to the hype that his scummy agent believes makes him better than being a United player and he is going to have to put work in as well on the pitch, no casual jogging/walking avout when the opposition get the ball.

stu_1992

Right now I don't see who we'd drop? So he'd certainly have to earn his way back in. A good problem to have. For example yesterday, you can't drop Fernandes for obvious reason. And between Fred and Matic who are both performing well in their roles who goes? Would be harsh on either, but probably Matic would be the one missing out in games against opposition who park the bus. We need as much creativity as possible in games like that, but id Fred alone enough to secure the midfield against threats? In a game like yesterday, I don't see how we could have Fernandes and Pogba, without having a terrible unbalanced side.

We haven't even mentioned McTominay here.

Oldyella

Ole will play him at the base taking Matic's place I'd image. I have to admit that depite my view of Pogba dimming significantly in recent times I am looking forward to seeing him link up with Bruno.
That would be a very big call to make. Even ignoring the form of Matic, Pogba has never really excelled there for us.

I would love to see him back in the side, relying on just Bruno for our creativity will bite us eventually, but cant see who you drop without upsetting a very well balanced side right now.

rollingstoned1

In a team with others to do the heavy lifting for him in midfield is where he shines best like in jis early Juve days with pirlo, Vidal and marchisio. He has never really been the one to take that initiative IMO even for France so in our current team with both Bruno and Fred/matic he will be the one with free reign to do as he pleases without worrying about tracking back or busting a gut and closing down. I don't know if we will be better for it as a team though as having more talented players on the pitch doesn't necessarily.make for a better team without the right balance.

I actually have a feeling if we finish the season well as in our best case scenario, with the relative lack of interest in him and his stock having somewhat suffered compared to what it was like during the 2018 world cup and after he might even commit his future to us. I read rumours to that effect for a change today.

Ferguson

If he stays, then he will play the left midfield role in a three-man midfield with Bruno and probably Fred behind.

He was best at Juventus in a three with Pirlo as the deeper lying playmaker. I think that Pogba will benefit from having better players around him.

Too often he has been expected to shoulder the whole load while partnered with the likes of Herrera or Fellaini, good players, but unable to drive the team on by themselves. Now there would be a balanced side, able to attack through Pogba down the left or through Bruno down the right. That should make Pogba's job easier.

Gasolin

If he stays, then he will play the left midfield role in a three-man midfield with Bruno and probably Fred behind.

He was best at Juventus in a three with Pirlo as the deeper lying playmaker. I think that Pogba will benefit from having better players around him.

Too often he has been expected to shoulder the whole load while partnered with the likes of Herrera or Fellaini, good players, but unable to drive the team on by themselves. Now there would be a balanced side, able to attack through Pogba down the left or through Bruno down the right. That should make Pogba's job easier.
Ole is astute with the players he has at his disposal so he will work out something.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Perhaps Bruno + Pogba + Fred?
I want to see that, but Pogba need to prove his commitment first. If he doesn't bother to show up, it doesn't; affect us much anymore I guess. Just selll him for highest bidder, hopefully for 120m+.

Shimo

Bruno was not brought in for Pogba. He was brought in to replace Lingard/Perreira who are now not even making the bench.

At start of the season, Pogba played in midfield 2 with either Perreira/Lingard in the 10/AM role.

It will now all depend upon Ole on how he wants us to play. WIth a lot more attacking guile or with the stability of having 2 more workhorse/defensive type midfielders.

I think given the chance, he'll go back to how he started the season 4-2-3-1 still with Pogba next to any of Matic/Fred/McTominay and in attack with Bruno in the 10, James/Martial/Greenwood either side and up top Martial/Ighalo. When Rashford comes back could be with him back on the left with Martial/Ighalo up front and James/Greenwood on the right and then in the summer splash the cash on Sancho.

Hate the guy because of his agent/brother/color of his hair and whatever else but, even when he made his brief come back, the vision / ability was instantly there to see. It's what Bruno added soon as he got here and having another player of quality will make us even more potent. Ole I also don't think is disenchanted with him, he's just been injured and all the nonsense that goes in the press is part of football, by all accounts he has been professional and and mentor to those around the club, seems still well liked in the squad too.

Havak

Pokemon master
He probably fits in at Real Madrid or Paris Saint-Germain in all honesty.

However, I am interested to see him against LASK in the return leg and Norwich in the FA Cup in the coming weeks. He is probably more likely to come off the bench in both games than start (unless we get a very favourable result away to LASK in the first leg). If he can buy into what we're doing and get fit, he might be an asset to have on the bench for the rest of the season. I think even now, I'd rather he was on the bench than Andreas or Lingard. You could argue that it isn't worth trying to get him on the pitch if he isn't going to be here next season anyway and it's hard to disagree with that, but I think he could offer something if we're in a tight game. It all depends on his attitude, if he has anything about him then he should be wanting to up his game.

Luke Shaw has reacted well to the emergence of Brandon Williams. Matic has improved alongside Fred with the injuries to McTominay and Pogba. Martial has increased his output and reliability with Rashford out. So, let's see if Pogba can produce more now that everyone would rather have Bruno in his position without a second thought.

On a slightly unrelated note, players who haven't stepped up despite having opportunities are Jones, Lingard, and Andreas. These guys look likely to be shown the door right now.

Obiorahking_

If Pogba wants to stay then we should keep him. He's still really good at what he does

Bruno
Pogba Zakaria

We'd run circles around everyone's midfield