Where has all this money come from!?

Charlie Foley

Moneys always been there. We've spent big time and time again under the glazers. Spending has never been an issue post-saf, that's not why they need to get gone.
Yep. Problem is no one in a position of spending knew how to spend it coherently, so we were just throwing money-shit at a wall to see what sticks for too long.

RedDevil@84

Diversion tactic. Now everyone is excited about new signings and forgot about wanting Glazers gone.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Alice (the blonde lady who talks about Man United on YouTube) is saying that the money for Anthony is from next seasons transfer budget.

She also says what many have on here: the mad transfer activity recently is indicative of the Glazers running scared - so if the protests don't result in new ownership, at least it has helped get new players.
I mean that makes sense really, as if we don't get the CL next year we will lose the adidas money also.

better to buy now and be stronger for next.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
It works. No issues if it's the norm. Everything's forgiven as far as I'm concerned.
It's not a good model, and as much has been proven by every time we turn around and blame the manager for doing bad transfers business, they all been trash in the market and that's not really being backed it's just money being spent quickly, desperate measures instead of spending in a more measured way.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
It works. No issues if it's the norm. Everything's forgiven as far as I'm concerned.
I don't think we've signed any additional players since those stories emerged have we? Casemiro was practically done by the time we started to hear these stories. Right now our spending is at £120m, give or take. Which is around the figures floated at the beginning of the summer.

I could see Antony being signed, but if it's out of future budgets then, really, nothing has changed at all.

cyril C

Simple, raise season ticket by GBP 500 each, 400 if you buy any left over Maguire shirt. Assuming 50K ticket holders, that will be close to 25m. That is worth 100m over 4 seasons. If someone can manage to sell any left over VDB (& AWB, Telles) shirt, we can possibly secure another RB.

justsomebloke

I don't think we've signed any additional players since those stories emerged have we? Casemiro was practically done by the time we started to hear these stories. Right now our spending is at £120m, give or take. Which is around the figures floated at the beginning of the summer.

I could see Antony being signed, but if it's out of future budgets then, really, nothing has changed at all.
I think that is indeed the big, flashing question here.

We need a Board who's qualified to judge and act when there's a need to invest. I still think it's one of the most jarring things I've ever heard from the club when it came out that they were unprepared to sanction the acquisition of a major new CB ahead of Mourinho's last season, on the grounds that we'd already bought two recently and the manager should get by with that. Because that should so not be the point. The point should be, do we have what we need at CB to be competitive? If not, a competent board would strengthen, no matter how much had been previously spent on that position. If the issue is not having confidence in the Manager/Head Scouts ability to use the funds wisely, then replace them. If the issue is there's no money, then just say so.