Where is Sanchez?

Steven Wilson

City supporter here, but really enjoying this thread. Isn't he on the highest weekly wages in the prem? You need to move beyond the MLS strategy of buying big names well past their prime on massive wages. One day I'd like my kids to see a Manchester derby that is really competitive.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
City supporter here, but really enjoying this thread. Isn't he on the highest weekly wages in the prem? You need to move beyond the MLS strategy of buying big names well past their prime on massive wages. One day I'd like my kids to see a Manchester derby that is really competitive.
You must have a baby then if he missed the 2-3 United win not that long ago.

DoomSlayer

Sanchez should be behind the likes of Greenwood and Gomes in the pecking order. He isn't fit at all and would just get injured again if he pushes himself too much.

GM K

Playing the piano with his dogs looking bemused.

Run_time_error

Well he went missing last season and none of his effing teammates could find him with a pass so I guess he's taking up where he left off.

SATA

I saw some vids of him training with someone (maybe it's his personal trainer i don't know who) couple of days ago. Seems like he's already on the road to recovery and he is in impressive body shape. He should really be in the next squad to play AC Milan

Zoo

He just won Love Island. Hopefully he'll come back confident.

Fracture90

Geez mate, you think?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
:lol:

fps

In fairness, for £400k/week, you can't expect him to be around ALL the time.

It took my breath briefly, actually typing his wage out, I thought I must mean month or something.

Chillosophy

Congratulations on becoming a dad this past year! In the last 10 derbys Citeh has won 4, United 4 and 2 ending in goalless draws I believe.

Good point on the strategy though captain obvious :)

Castia

Mad banter!

Massive club!

Fully Fledged

Aren’t you banned yet?

DRM

Follow him on instagram, he does the weirdest shite.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He's injured again.

It's a shame because he had a pretty good copa america. This pre season was absolutely vital for him, losing it pretty much kills his season.

How do people feel about a straight swap for Bale? Similar age, position, wages & contract length. Both players are more suited for the others league and are not wanted at their current clubs. What you reckon?

Ziggy Starduster

I see the sterilisation program in Cheetham Hill wasn’t entirely effective.

fps

He's injured again.

It's a shame because he had a pretty good copa america. This pre season was absolutely vital for him, losing it pretty much kills his season.

How do people feel about a straight swap for Bale? Similar age, position, wages & contract length. Both players are more suited for the others league and are not wanted at their current clubs. What you reckon?
I reckon Real Madrid have no interest in that whatsoever. At least Bale is still a threat when he gets on the field.

Alabaster Codify7

He's injured again.

Is it possible to just sever his contract? As in, just pay him what's remaining and tell him to do one?
Having him at the club permanently 'injured' and not contributing a thing is bad for morale, in my opinion. He's a living breathing reminder to everyone else of how much of a mess we've made. As long as we're keeping him there and paying him, we're telling the other squad members that this type of contribution is not just tolerable, its highly paid.

At least taking a financial knock and severing his contract will send a message that we have rectified and learned from a very expensive mistake that we will not be repeating.

Fosu-Mens

Is it possible to just sever his contract? As in, just pay him what's remaining and tell him to do one?
Having him at the club permanently 'injured' and not contributing a thing is bad for morale, in my opinion. He's a living breathing reminder to everyone else of how much of a mess we've made. As long as we're keeping him there and paying him, we're telling the other squad members that this type of contribution is not just tolerable, its highly paid.

At least taking a financial knock and severing his contract will send a message that we have rectified and learned from a very expensive mistake that we will not be repeating.
Could do that, but with the bonuses and amount left on his contract and how certain decisionmakers at the club will look, this is not an option.

DoomSlayer

Him and Lukaku training at carrington.

Who knows, we might get something out of them yet...
I seriously cringed watching that instagram story. :nervous: Lukaku looked very uncomfortable at the end, probably knows that he is the only mate Sanchez has in the whole squad and is about to leave him alone.

DickDastardly

Not that bad come on.

A bit of dragon ball z reference.

It would be great if they'd both turn super saiyan this season if they stay :)

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Yeah, we'd have to pay him about £20m though.