Where will the (headed) goals come from?

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Rashford lame header attempts yesterday, prompted me to have this thread. United has 5 headed goals, compared to Liverpool with 14 in the League. I wonder if getting Sancho will improve this? Or should we even need to address this? How?

Europe’s Top 4 Leagues (Headed Goals)

1. Bundesliga: 728 goals (3.25 per game), 116 from headers = 15.9%

2. Serie A: 746 goals (2.91 per game), 117 from headers = 15.6%

3. LaLiga: 685 goals (2.54 per game), 107 from headers = 15.6%

4. EPL: 784 goals (2.72 per game), 116 from headers = 13.6%
https://the18.com/soccer-news/premier-league-headed-goals-19-20-stats#:~:text=It's sweaty.,who's got four of them.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
The fact that 2 of our 3 senior centre halves can’t head a ball of course plays a huge part in this. Coupled with the fact that our full backs can barely cross, you have a recipe for few headed goals.

A-man

If United was on PL average they would have scored 6 headed goals instead of 5. Not a huge difference, but agree it is a weakness. Martial has scored 2 headers, Maguire 1, Lindelof 1 and then one more from someone I don’t remember. It’s quite poor to only 2-3 headed goals from forwards after 30 matches.

forevrared

We don’t play in a way that encourages a lot of headers - our wingers are much more likely to cut inside than get to the line and cross; but Rashford, Martial, Pogba, and Maguire are all well above average in the air.

Though unless I missed something, headed goals count the same as all others, so it really doesn’t matter how they go in.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
We don’t play in a way that encourages a lot of headers - our wingers are much more likely to cut inside than get to the line and cross; but Rashford, Martial, Pogba, and Maguire are all well above average in the air.

Though unless I missed something, headed goals count the same as all others, so it really doesn’t matter how they go in.
Liverpool’s wingers operate the same way, the key difference is that their full backs can cross.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
It seems to be Greenwood's only real weakness too.

To answer the OP, Maguire and Pogba from Bruno set pieces and thats about it
In that '99 team, all of our strikers were good header. COle, Yorke, Sheringham, Solksjaer. Yeh, we had Beckham, one of the best crosser of all time. But still his crosses still needed someone to convert it.
In yesterday's game, Rashford had at least one good chance that didn't even threatened their Gk. And in all of our corners, Spurs always won the first header, whichever area the ball dropped. Which is ridiculous.