Where will we finish this season ?

Where will Manchester United finish in the Premier League table in the 2022-23 season?

• 1st

Votes: 23 4.1%
  • 2nd

Votes: 17 3.0%
  • 3rd

Votes: 72 12.8%
  • 4th

Votes: 104 18.5%
  • 5th

Votes: 146 25.9%
  • 6th

Votes: 130 23.1%
  • 7th-10th

Votes: 49 8.7%
  • Bottom 10

Votes: 22 3.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
The customary thread before the start of the season and we are kicking off in less than a week.

@Damien /Mods can you please add a poll ?

7-10
Bottom 10.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Best case - 3rd
Probably - 5th
Potentially - 6th.

mctrials23

Top 4 if there are no big issues with injuries to certain players. Squad is thin so we need to keep our main guys available week in week out or the drop off in quality is quite large.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
5th

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I can't see how we could get 4th. I know logic doesn't always work but it seems to me we have had a poor window in terms of addressing our main weaknesses, so struggling to understand the basis for thinking we will improve. I could see us battling for 6th.

Crashoutcassius

Squad good enough for top 4. It would be a modest failure not to get it given a much worse coach got it in both his full seasons. I think that is obvious.

Beyond top 4 I'm not sure it matters greatly as long as we are building in the right direction.

Betson

6th , it has been an underwhelming transfer window so far and the no matter how good a coach ETH is the squad is still a good bit off where it needs to be to have us challenging for anything.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
1 United
2 Spurs
3 City
4 Liverpool
5 Arsenal
6 Chelsea
7 Villa
8 Newcastle

They might not be in the correct order but these 8 teams to finish in any of these places.

Withnail

Optimistically saying 4th but could well be 6th. We'll likely have consistency issues due to not having a rounded or strong enough squad to cope with injuries etc and the system still being bedded in.

Mainoldo

4th. Chelsea are rubbish. So a battle with North London’s bottle jobs.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Gone with 5th. The squad is nowhere near good enough, and there's a scary lack of depth in the attacking area.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
2nd after City

Borys

Statistics Wizard
6th as things stand
5th with one decent midfield addition
4th with three additions (CM + attack in whatever combination)

Our squad is just to thin to work with. ETH will be fire fighting all season instead of building a team.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I can't see how we could get 4th. I know logic doesn't always work but it seems to me we have had a poor window in terms of addressing our main weaknesses, so struggling to understand the basis for thinking we will improve. I could see us battling for 6th.
Basis for improvement is that last year was a disaster year from all around down to an unhappy squad and garbage coaching. It was not our real level. This summer we've made the biggest improvement getting Ten Hag and his coaching team as an upgrade on Ralf and Ole. Which is an enormous upgrade.

Transfer wise we need more of course, mainly a RW to compete, but it's pretty obvious that our basis for improvement on last year is that this year won't be a disaster year where every player hits their floor at the same time and we go through 3 managers with nobody caring? Just having a new permanent manager and a cleaner squad will lead to an improvement, let alone it being a top coach.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
3rd for me if we address our lack of wide options.
4th if we get Frenkie and no attacker
Probably 5th or 6th if we don't sign anyone else this window (Ten Hag can only do so much and the current squad isnt prepared just yet).

mikeyt

6th as things stand
5th with one decent midfield addition
4th with three additions (CM + attack in whatever combination)

Our squad is just to thin to work with. ETH will be fire fighting all season instead of building a team.
Couldn't agree more with this. Maybe need a RB too given Chelsea are surely going to splurge some serious cash this month.

Todd

As it stands, 6th
If we actually get FDJ, maybe 5th
To compete for 4th we'd need to bring in at least one more legitimate goalscorer

Woziak

Realistically with this current squad and Ronaldo either out or not interested, 6th or 7th however we could make 2 game changing transfers before August 31st. So I’m splitting the PL into six phases because of the Mid season World Cup and the new 5 Subs rule which will have significant effect on the PL final positions

Phase 1 - Six PL games up to 4th sept, Baptism of fire I'm afraid for ETH with 8 points, Record 2 W, 2 D, 2L,
Phase 2 - Eight PL games up to 30th Oct plus Europa League, Points 16 record of W5 D1 L2, couple of late transfers have an effect, squad settles and players are trying to nail form for World Cup however Thu Sunday football could have impact we should see Garnaucho and IQbal start to come through.
Phase 3 - 2 PL games before World Cup and 5 gruelling games after including away game to Arsenal and a Manchester Derby so Seven PL games W3 D2 L2, most of our players are not good enough to be in the later stages of the World Cup so I don’t expect to much drop off as ETH starts to get a tune plus I think we will make another stellar signing in January.
Phase 4 - Six PL games where we might find some form from February until middle of March W4 D1 L1 but we will lose to Liverpool again
Phase 5 - Five PL games from end of March through Easter, decent run of games W3 D1 L1 but difficult away games to Newcastle, Brighton and home game with Chelsea.

Final Phase 6 - We have a reasonable finish to the season but depends how deep we went in Europa League and Domestic Cups, could be a shoot out with Spurs on the 32nd game of the season, I’m going with a draw and final finish W3 D2 L1
So my prediction is P38 W20 D9 L9 Points 69 , This could be 4th but more likely 5th or 6th dependent on whether Arsenal and Spurs regress or not, looking at their recent signings I highly doubt that.

The only caveat is ETH does have a 63/64% managerial win rate and if he achieves that and adds 2 marquee signings before sept 1st and another one in January to help him achieve that then the following is also possible but highly unlikely ; P38 W24 D6 L8 Points 78 which is safely 3rd to 4th place.

padzilla

Hipster
I don't think the new signings so far will improve us all that much, if at all, what will be key is Ten Hag and how the players respond to him.

As it stands I don't see anything to say it won't just be a case of more of the same, hopefully I am very wrong about that.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Mods - can you please make the results viewable? Would like to know the general mood here.

Adamsk7

as it stands 5th or 6th, even though I think Ten Hag is already working wonders on this squad. It's just not enough in terms of quality in depth or even in the first 11. 2-3 signings could and should change that but I am not confident we'll even get one more!

For instance, we have SIX league games in October alone.