Where will we finish this season ?

Where will Manchester United finish in the Premier League table in the 2022-23 season?

• 1st

Votes: 23 4.1%
  • 2nd

Votes: 17 3.0%
  • 3rd

Votes: 72 12.8%
  • 4th

Votes: 104 18.5%
  • 5th

Votes: 146 25.9%
  • 6th

Votes: 130 23.1%
  • 7th-10th

Votes: 49 8.7%
  • Bottom 10

Votes: 22 3.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ghostrider318

I think we do. Some of their players are very underrated on here. I think they've done well in the market so far also, so they should be even better.
Think so too. They look much more fluid than us. Their additions have been very under the radar and improved their squad a lot

NLunited

5th seems to be the consensus here. With Frenkie, I think we‘d get 4th.

One of Chelsea, Arsenal or Tottenham will have a shiit season.

Irwin99

5th but we'll go all in and push for the Europa League mid-season and win it...although knowing our luck some monster of a team will end up messing up their champions league campaign and ending up in the Europa.

Leethal

Best case 5th, but likely worse, due to lack of squad investment in crucial areas of the pitch that have gone unaddressed for the good part of half a decade.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Think so too. They look much more fluid than us. Their additions have been very under the radar and improved their squad a lot
Yeah I agree. Jesus is a massive upgrade on Lacazette and Auba, especially in terms of his all round play. He could well stand out there like he couldn't at City. Vieira is high rated and looks a classy player, Zinchenko is a great signing also. People will talk about their defence but I believe they've brought Saliba back now and I thought he looked really promising when we were linked but they got him. One of the CBs that genuinely does look very good on the ball.

None are sure things but think they've got a lot of talent in their team and they're all pretty young too. In terms of balance I think they're just better than us right now and they've got some decent depth to their squad also.

the hea

With the current squad 6th.

We have gotten rid off Pogba, Lingard, Matic, Mata and Cavani. No Greenwood and Ronaldo might be gone. We have replaced them with only Eriksen.

Squad depth is a major concern right now and we are only a couple of injuries away from being royally screwed.

RuudTom83

ETH has played 0 games in the Premier League and has been working with this squad for the least amount of time compared to the other Top 6 managers.

If they are no more signings, then it will be a very difficult season as soon as fatigue kicks in and a few injuries happen.

6th my guess
5th at best - current squad
4th at best with 2-3 more signings

BaneIsPain

5th - 6th seems the realistic option at the moment.
As long as we're in the right direction, I wouldn't mind another season in europa league.

Pronewbie

Peep
4 - 6th. One can only hope that Chelsea self-implodes because of their new American owners' ineptitude.. Hopefully Tuchel doesn't carry them like SAF did for the Glazers.

Tønsberg

Supports
Norway
6th. With slipping to 7th more like than grabbing 5th.

Last edited:

wolvored

I think 5th, but I have a feeling we will win EL. Of course if we sign other players this could change and I think we will have another 2 or 3 before the window closes, but 5th as it stands.
I think Chelsea will struggle and allow Arsenal in. I also think City win and Spurs to pip Liverpool to 2nd.

Kag

Arsenal and Spurs have done some really good business this summer, so the idea that we simply leapfrog them is fanciful.

OpenIntrovert

If it needs heavy investment for ETH to finish better than Rangnick and Ole, is he a better coach than them?
Whether he is a better coach or not will depend on the type of tactics he will use against his opponents, rather than the players that have been signed during his tenure.

Besides, ETH does not decide the investment value, he only tells the club what he needs to achieve the promised success. ETH has been reasonable in the type of players he asked for (we only have 2 fit CBs at any point of time, no good competition for Shaw who tends to get injured etc).

Drizzle

If it needs heavy investment for ETH to finish better than Rangnick and Ole, is he a better coach than them?
Eh? For a start he's lost Pogba, Matic, Cavani and Greenwood compared to last season, and the star striker wants out. 'Heavy investment' is required just to keep the same standard of squad as this time last year. None of that is his doing.

The answer to your question though is yes, a million times yes.

matsdf

I don't think we're going to do worse than 3rd really. Maybe 4th if Spurs have a good season.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Easily the most pessimistic coming into a season we've been as a fanbase in my lifetime. Understandably so.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
As things stand (and I recognise this is self-evident) it really depends on whether we keep key players fit. Its hard to imagine we will massively improve on last season if we have any short to medium term injuries to key players e.g., Sancho.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
5th - 6th seems the realistic option at the moment.
As long as we're in the right direction, I wouldn't mind another season in europa league.
Being in the Europa doesn't bother me at all.
We are were we deserve to be, but I would be 'over the moon' if we actually won the damn thing, which would put us in the CL next season anyway.

For me, as well as many others I think, this season will be more about the quality of football we play, more than were we finish.

I hark back to Liverpool, couple of years under Klopp, they weren't doing particularly well, but you could see, a few top players in key positions, and they would elevate by levels.
I want to see that blueprint at United.

saivet

As things stand, I think squad depth is what will kill us this season, particularly in midfield and attack. Assuming City and Liverpool are top two. I don't think we're that far away from the other sides but with question marks on Ronaldo that front line and midfield looks terrible.

United 2nd XI:
Heaton
AWB, Varane, Lindelof, Malacia
Garner, VDB
Amad, Eriksen, Elanga
Ronaldo
Chelsea 2nd XI:
Kepa
Chalobah, Ampadu, Sarr
CHO, Jorginho, Gallagher, Alonso
Zyiech, Borja, Pulisic​

Arsenal 2nd XI:
Turner
Cedric, Saliba, Holding, Tierney
Elneny, Lokonga
Verira, ESR, Pepe
Nketiah
Spurs 2nd XI:
Forster
Tanganga, Sanchez, Davies
Spence, Bentancur, Winks, Reguillon
Bryan Gil, Richarlison, Mouea​

Mike Smalling

4th.

We have severe squad limitations, which will of course be a challenge, but I also believe we now have a quality manager that can instill a clear style of play and some belief in the players. Hopefully, we will see that players like Rashford and Martial aren't as crap as what they have shown recently - perhaps ETH can even get a tune out of Donny. I also hope and believe that Eriksen will prove to be a quality signing that will help massively towards a possession based style.

I'm pretty sure we will lose out to Liverpool and City, but that we can beat Arsenal and one of Chelsea/Spurs.

redshaw

We could do quite well relative to recent years and still miss out on top 4, I see us 5th-6th and needing a Europa win. If Spurs continue as they left off with Conte and Tuchel at Chelsea maintains the motivation we might see the points needed end up being higher than recent years and even a team with 70-73 points finish 5th. Chelsea have looked rocky since the Russia thing though. I think 3rd to 4th are still up for grabs for United but we have two top coaches very capable of pushing us out and Arsenal could be well in the mix, they all seem to have added a good amount of players and we're back to square one.

At minimum I'd be happy with a strong progression in passing and creativity and us being in the fight near the end of the season.

Last edited:

Lecland07

5th

Liverpool
Man City
Tottenham
Chelsea

Cannot see us getting above those four.

daveskimufc

I cant see us finishing higher than 7th. But I'm Confident that they will at least be watchable, just lack of quality will tell in the end.

An Injury to sancho or eriksen and we will struggle to create at all

Focusmate

Supports
Non League
3rd is up for grabs - Not sure why so many people think Spurs are nailed on for this - it will be a 4 way fight between Spurs Chelsea Arsenal and United. We are probably the outsiders given lack of signings and ETH first season but if we have a good start we will be in the mix.

Red & White

I’m going for a confident prediction of third. Crazy, when you consider how most of us were feeling about the teams chances at the start of last season. Anyway, I have a good feeling the team will be more steady and consistent this season and hopefully we get a solid finish. Let’s face it, a CL position would be classed as a successful season if offered at this point in time.

Suv666

1 City
2 Liverpool
3 Spurs
4 Arsenal
5 Chelsea
6 United

With FDJ maybe we can get 4th but he looks increasingly unlikely.

avgp_1

Spurs and Arsenal have improved though, and we finished quite well off them in the end. Our squad is about the same if not weaker than what we started with last season.

The only reason we improve will be down to EtH and it won't be instant enough to make up for all of that deficit. The league is going to be tough this year and EtH will need time to get us playing at his level