Where will we finish this season ?

Where will Manchester United finish in the Premier League table in the 2022-23 season?

• 1st

Votes: 23 4.1%
  • 2nd

Votes: 17 3.0%
  • 3rd

Votes: 72 12.8%
  • 4th

Votes: 104 18.5%
  • 5th

Votes: 146 25.9%
  • 6th

Votes: 130 23.1%
  • 7th-10th

Votes: 49 8.7%
  • Bottom 10

Votes: 22 3.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
If it needs heavy investment for ETH to finish better than Rangnick and Ole, is he a better coach than them?
For one, ETH has lost players from the squad Ole/Rangnick had that need to be replaced.

For two, even if we had an extra 11 points last season (19% of of our total points) we'd still have finished in the exact same league spot.

For three, that would be assuming the teams ahead of us didn't also improve, which they have.

So yes, there's room for ETH to improve us a lot without it translating into massively improved league position.

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
We'll finish 3rd. The season coming will be similar to 19/20. World Cup will have a big impact and teams with smaller squads will struggle post Christmas.

I also think City and Liverpool will drop more points against the top half.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
What's the surprise in this ? Liverpool, City, Chelsea and Spurs are all better than us at the moment, and even Arsenal aren't half bad. We're in for a tough season.
Agree about City and Liverpool but disagree on Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal - again that's a different discussion .

Last year when we ran a similar poll, more than 50 % predicted us to finish top 4 and 20 % predicted us to win it. Guess adding Ronaldo and Varane to a squad that finished second would have given the confidence. My point being, it's the same squad but we have added 3 more players and a better manager but our expectation has gone down.

mshnsh

The optimist in me says fourth. Reasons:

No UCL, we can give highest priority to PL.

10Hag. I trust he will do a good job.

Our players aren't as bad as they looked last season.

Tibs

I'm going to say 3rd...until City and Liverpool have to do a major rebuild, I can't see anyone coming close to them.

humdinger

I’m so disappointed in our transfer window as it stands. Our attack and midfield is currently significantly weaker than last season and we’ve hardly shifted anyone out. Even if ETH is an absolute magician he’s starting at a lower base than several other teams and it’ll surely take time for him to settle. Even if we bring in a couple of signings they’ll have had no preseason with us.

I think we’ll get off to a slow start and be chasing our tail. 6th.

gza the genius

I voted 6th. I was feeling pretty optimistic during preseason but I’m starting to lose that optimism. With the squad as it is I think we’re really going to struggle. I don’t have any faith in our front 3 other than Sancho and we still haven’t improved our midfield.

Fooza

6th

Even with EtH arrival, I'm astonished some are saying 3rd here without the window closing to see who else we bring in

Partridge

Honestly, I couldn't vote. Just too many variables for me to even give an honest thought. I'd like us to be in the top 6 come the end of the season, but I just don't know. Ronaldo's situation could have a detrimental effect (effect?) on the team during the season.

cyberman

Out of Europe. Lot of sides get a mid winter break this season while we still have mainly internationals in our side off to the World Cup.
I don’t even think we’ll play that badly, Rashford and Sancho will play their way back in with England due to our (hopefully) good start but we’ll be relying on kids during the second half of the season

studs

Don't feel assured enough to give a vote, sorry.

TDK

3rd.

The squad isn't nearly as bad as the doom and gloom merchants make out.

The midfield is a bit thin and we badly need a striker, but I believe that 3rd is achievable if the players hit the ground running and quickly buy into EtH's football philosophy.

Plus the variable forces of Pogba and Lingard leaving is immeasurably positive

lex talionis

Fourth, of course. But the real question is whether Arsenal or Spurs will challenge us for the fourth spot.

KeanoMagicHat

Had heard all year that the managers weren't good enough and ETH was the chosen one and about time we got a proper manager, yet more people have voted for us finishing 7th than 2nd. Some great pessimism there.

Huddsred

4th, as I can see Chelsea struggling and Arsenal bottling it again.

Mr PG

I’m so disappointed in our transfer window as it stands. Our attack and midfield is currently significantly weaker than last season and we’ve hardly shifted anyone out. Even if ETH is an absolute magician he’s starting at a lower base than several other teams and it’ll surely take time for him to settle. Even if we bring in a couple of signings they’ll have had no preseason with us.

I think we’ll get off to a slow start and be chasing our tail. 6th.
it’s not true that our attack and midfield have weakened. All players have improved quite a bit and team pressing, possession and decision making will be better. I honestly believe if we were to get Antony and FDJ it’d make us top 3 material

Mr PG

Rashford, Martial and Cavani were practically non-existent last season… compounded by Maguire having his worst season ever…you’ll never see that again… heck even Sancho had a poor season we never played to his strengths

Tønsberg

Supports
Norway
Ole, is that you?
Not sure how to interpret that. Am I Ole because I'm to pessimistic or because I'm to optimistic? Or just because I'm from Norway. Or maybe a combination.

Last edited:

Castia

Around 6th

The first 11 isn't bad but we don't have a strong enough squad to be taken seriously. If one of our main attackers is out we're starting Elanga.

mav_9me

We'll finish 3rd. The season coming will be similar to 19/20. World Cup will have a big impact and teams with smaller squads will struggle post Christmas.

I also think City and Liverpool will drop more points against the top half.
Is there a top 6 team with a smaller squad than us?

mav_9me

For one, ETH has lost players from the squad Ole/Rangnick had that need to be replaced.

For two, even if we had an extra 11 points last season (19% of of our total points) we'd still have finished in the exact same league spot.

For three, that would be assuming the teams ahead of us didn't also improve, which they have.

So yes, there's room for ETH to improve us a lot without it translating into massively improved league position.
Well said. I don't even care about the league position. For me it's all about how we play on the pitch and if we see any impact from his coaching.

RomfordRed75

I think we'll end up 5th or 6th and by April throw all our eggs in the Europa League basket, which will be the best chance for CL football next season.

mav_9me

I should have said small rather than smaller. Main point is we'll see teams drop stupid points after Christmas and that could open everything up.
Yeah but ours is one of the most vulnerable squads with respect to that.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I'm adjusting mine to 6th. Was optimistic for a long time this pre season. Ronaldo not having any route to actually leave because nobody wants him now has me convinced that he'll ruin the harmony of our season. If Ronaldo leaves and is replaced by Sesko, maybe I'll be optimistic again.

The other top 6 clubs don't have squad harmony issues. They are all together for the task. United is the only one who has a weekly shit show going on, a constant distraction. It'll take a while for Ten Hag to sort it out, so unfortunately I'm expecting more of Klopp year 1 than any sort of accelerated rebuild (like what could have happened had we gotten rid of Ronaldo asap, actually brought in Frenkie and signed someone like Antony).

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
6th for me. I wanted Ten Hag as manager, but he's going into the season in a tough place with the De Jong chase, Ronaldo's unprofessional behaviour and a disappointing transfer window. The manager does well just to stay in a job this season, as we may well be looking over our shoulder at West Ham, Brighton etc. more than chasing a top four finish.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
5th as things currently stand, and I think that's me being optimistic.

DSG

My prediction in order:
City
Liverpool
Spurs (Conte is going to have them in fine form)
Chelsea
United
Arsenal

I think we will come out of the gates doing pretty well, maybe draw with Liverpool. After the first 7- 10 matches we’ll start to drift and ETH will see the areas in the squad that will need to be addressed if they aren’t by the end of this window (DM or DLP, RB, perhaps a striker). We’ll add to the squad in January and make a push for top 4, but just miss out. I think there will be positive energy going into next summer’s transfer window. Maybe we win a cup…!

I’m loving my life

Who are the jokers voting first or second?

7th or below is very realistic unless something changes with our squad composition

Loon

:lol:
I'm not going to make a prediction. I just want the team to show heart, desire and application. To try to play good football.

As long as they show that, let the chips fall where they may.