Where will we finish?

What league position will we finish in this season?

• Total voters

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Title was never on let's be honest and we look far from even challenging so that would suggest anywhere from 3rd to 6th

Right now I can't look past 5th at best

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
4th or 5th. Fighting with Arsenal and Tottenham.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Dammit! Thought it was a poll. If we don't buck up we will not get Top 4. Two time in three seasons, surely would see the end of Jose.

Fosu-Mens

Predicted 5th before the season, and only way we would get into top 4 was if Chelsea could not adapt to the way Sarri wants to play football.

6 games into the season and nothing has changed. May end up 6th if Emery starts to grow som b*lls and drops Ozil from the lineup in addition for playing Torreira instead of Xhaka/Gendouzi.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
We are not finishing top four. There are at least four better sides in the league. Pretty sure Spurs will get their act together long before we learn how to play well.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
Top three is out of the question. With some luck, and if we avoid an implosion, I could see us sneaking fourth.

And to be honest, even a good, old fashioned implosion seems beyond our energy levels at the moment. So I guess we have a chance at fourth.

BlueHaze

5th or 6th is what I honestly believe. We are the richest club in the world and this will be the 6th year where we havn't even been close to challenging for the league. This is what happens when you have completely inept ownership.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Top 6 seem split into 2 groups: Chelsea, City and Liverpool, then us, Arsenal and Spurs.

I think the only place up for grabs in top 4 is fourth.

Kapardin

4th to 6th.

If I to put money on it, I would say 6th behind Spurs and Arsenal.
Europa might do Arsenal and possibly Spurs (if they drop) in, in which case we may nick 4th.

But 5th-6th appears more likely. Nowadays I am just consoling myself thinking atleast we are guaranteed some form of European football next season. Even if it is only the Europa League, atleast fills in the calendar as opposed to a season like LvG's first.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
5th or 6th is what I honestly believe. We are the richest club in the world and this will be the 6th year where we havn't even been close to challenging for the league. This is what happens when you have completely inept ownership.
That consistently appoint the wrong manager.

Canagel

Finishing below Arsenal who are in the EL will be the ultimate embrassment. We might finish 4th if Spurs don't pick up. Otherwise 5th.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Still think we'll be top 4, can see us being ahead of Spurs and Arsenal but we'll be no where near 3rd place - we're miles off City, Liverpool and Chelsea.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I thought 6th pre season, actually think there's a chance we could go lower.

worldinmotion66

Liverpool and Manchester City are far better than us. Chelsea still have improvements to come when they are all up to speed with the tactics of Sarri. Spurs have a consistency and identity that is enviable, and a better first team than we do. Arsenal are somewhat fragile but have goals in the team.

Our only hope of top four is an inconsistent Arsenal and a Pochettino meltdown (that could be on the cards, I feel).

I think we'll finish 5th.

Neo_Mufc

I will say quite comfortably. City, Liverpool and Chelsea have taken those top 3 spots. It's a battle for 4th between us Spurs and Arsenal.

ErranMorad

Europa might do Arsenal and possibly Spurs (if they drop) in, in which case we may nick 4th.

But 5th-6th appears more likely. Nowadays I am just consoling myself thinking atleast we are guaranteed some form of European football next season. Even if it is only the Europa League, atleast fills in the calendar as opposed to a season like LvG's first.
Sorry, do not share your optimism. In fact the pessimist me thinks us dropping down to Europa will give us a better chance of CL football next season than the league. Don't think our league campaign is going to be better than Jose's first season here. In fact, I think it's going to be worse.

Edit: By the way, I want us to get out of our CL group. I hate Europa league.

Robbo's Shoulder

Supports
United and Barrow AFC
I can't see us finishing top 4 tbh. After 2+ years, i still can't see any gameplan or style Mourinho's trying to instill in the players.
It's like he's just trying to dig out a result game after game instead of deciding how he wants the team to play and stick with it. Basically, firefighting week after week

Personally, i never wanted Mourinho anywhere near our football club but have supported him since he was appointed but patience is running thin.
We do have quality in the squad, they just have to have the confidence and permission to play the attacking football we all want. Mourinho's pragatism will never allow that though.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
I thought 5th before the season started, though I didn’t think Spurs would start like they have. Still think we’re ahead of Arsenal though, so I’m sticking with 5th.

Loon

:lol:
I just don’t think I can handle listening to AFTV “hardman” DT mispronounce “Sixth” ever again...

Hazard Warning

Supports
Chelsea
I had you down as 5th/6th at the start of the season and stand by that.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
We already had this thread in the summer. I said 5th back then because of Jose's third season and frankly you couldn't DeGea your way to 2nd every season.

Sparky Rhiwabon

The title is gone obviously. The top three will be City, Liverpool and Chelsea.

Between us, Spurs and Arsenal for 4th to 6th. Can’t call that. I’ll guess in the middle - 5th.