Where would you honestly rank our manager?

tomaldinho1

Surprised this thread isn't locked but I doubt anyone rates him above most other PL managers. He's likely the least experienced and least known tactically

C3Pique

I'd say bottom 3 of the PL.

Bruce and Silva are probably worse. But I'd back Bruce to do a number on Ole tomorrow.

I'd swap him for just about any other manager in the league at this point beyond those two. Potter and Farke for example have a far better and more recognisable style of play with worse players.

The worst part of it for me is his naivety. Getting rid of 4 starters from a below average squad with the intention of replacing them with unproven academy kids for a full season in 4 competitions is just ludicrous. Anyone who's watched a PL game could tell you that's a bad idea, but we're letting him learn on the job. At least Lampard had demonstrable success in english football before going the Chelsea.

Eric's Seagull

I really like Ole and want him to succeed but there's no logic behind his decisions. He has stripped the squad bare. I can't claim to be a fan of Lukaku but to let him go with our current striking options is absolutely baffling. So is letting Herrera and Fellaini go without any replacements. Even Sanchez who is clearly finished at this point would have been useful for us. Smalling is better than all of our reserve CB's so he shouldn't have left either. It's all a bit of a joke.
Think not getting in replacement ts for Lukaku and Herrera was on Woodward. I think he thinks that his football knowledge was so vat that he thought we didn't need to replace them. This has backfired and I think Woodward is trying to make Ole his scapegoat, which is terrible thing to do.

Sentient Meat

I wanted to keep Mourinho unless the likes of Klopp or Pep were available. I understand why people wanted him gone, but what has happened here is the equivalent of getting rid of Oppenheimer before completing the Manhattan Project and replacing him with a beloved student from MIT.
I watch Sky Sports analysis and even Keane, Souness, Carragher, and Gary all shut up and listen when Jose is speaking. Ole seems a good man, but he seems overmatched and I'm still incredibly frustrated that Jose was the scapegoat when he was trying to draw attention to our personnel deficiencies.
LVG would be better than this and I'd gladly hire either Jose or Louis back. Look what has happened with Zidane and Pochettino... Nothing is guaranteed in life but at least I'd have some hope if Jose was trying to fix it.

KrasHammerhand

I have seen nothing in print that said he didn’t want to bring people in. Smalling was the best CB of the second crew so he had some demand elsewhere Maguire & Lindelof are our best two, Jones when healthy I rate higher than Smalling, Taunzabe is the future and Rojo has a little versatility.

Fellani & Herrara had their supporters, we are weaker without them, but the Glazers/Woody didn’t want to drop the coin.

Ole is not a great manager, however there are systemic problems that the greatest managers can’t fix atm. I do agree that he needs to change to a 4-3-3 to better match out lineup

Last edited by a moderator:

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Don't think people are giving Bruce enough credit in here. He's been in or around the Premier League for almost two decades now - he's shown over and over again that he can get sides promoted and keep them up comfortably. Won't play exciting football, win major trophies, or take his teams into Europe, but he's consistently been a safe and steady option. Hardly the "worst manager in the league".

Rafaeldagold

No it’s not. What manager we select isn’t all about the size of his cv. It’s about is he a good fit with the club, has he got or can he make a connection with it, does he understand it, will the players respect him, can he motivate, has he got a similar vision etc etc. It’s not about just picking the best manager out there. We did that with mourinho in a sense and it was a disaster in the end. Pelegríni has greater pedigree than most. We wouldn’t have him here would we. It’s a ridiculous thread
yes and Ole has none of what you mention & is also a shite manager

Rafaeldagold

That’s your opinion. I don’t agree. I think you should go support another team cos Oles at the Wheel.
maybe you should just support wherever Ole ends up next.

Stockport County maybe

WakeAndBeek

Appointed solely due to sentimentality, his cv places him near the bottom, I doubt many championship teams fans would be too excited to be linked with him

simplyared

Beg to
No it’s not. What manager we select isn’t all about the size of his cv. It’s about is he a good fit with the club, has he got or can he make a connection with it, does he understand it, will the players respect him, can he motivate, has he got a similar vision etc etc. It’s not about just picking the best manager out there. We did that with mourinho in a sense and it was a disaster in the end. Pelegríni has greater pedigree than most. We wouldn’t have him here would we. It’s a ridiculous thread
Beg to disagree! Can you name a manager who's succeded at a top club without having a decent cv? And what the feck does that mean being a good fit. Klopp's a good fit for Liverpool but he had a bloody good CV before he joined them.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I rank him as an absolute legend....whatever about the club and the mess we are in, reading post calling Ole a clown, Jesus we have more class than this don't we?

As a manager it's impossible at this stage to accurately gauge, as a figure he's a total legend and as a man he is impeccable.

State of some people.

LJJT

Beg to

Beg to disagree! Can you name a manager who's succeded at a top club without having a decent cv? And what the feck does that mean being a good fit. Klopp's a good fit for Liverpool but he had a bloody good CV before he joined them.
Pep and Jose didn’t pretty well without a managerial cv. Arguably two of the best in the modern era. Being a good fit means having the same ideas/principals and plans as the club. Some of you lot on here are a disgrace if your united “fans”

LJJT

I rank him as an absolute legend....whatever about the club and the mess we are in, reading post calling Ole a clown, Jesus we have more class than this don't we?

As a manager it's impossible at this stage to accurately gauge, as a figure he's a total legend and as a man he is impeccable.

State of some people.
100% agree with this there’s some shockingly bad attitudes and “supporters” in this forum. Negativity is awful

ash_86

Dragging the manager through mud here. United fans a class cut above the rest. Be proud.

Smores

I mean he's obviously bottom without a doubt but then he's skipped the part where you actually prove yourself first hasn't he.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Dragging the manager through mud here. United fans a class cut above the rest. Be proud.
This. There really isn't any point at all to this thread. It's embarrassing actually.

It should be locked and deleted, as it serves no point other than to give yet another platform to have a pop at this guy.

Rafaeldagold

This. There really isn't any point at all to this thread. It's embarrassing actually.

It should be locked and deleted, as it serves no point other than to give yet another platform to have a pop at this guy.
Yes let’s stifle free speech to a perfectly legitimate question...

You Ole in guys are like a cult

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
At par with the worst manager winning record-wise to have ever managed at least 300 PL games - Steve Bruce.

Rafaeldagold

So are you saying we as fans can’t ever say when a manager is doing bad? Interesting. Don’t think Jose or LVG had that privilege...hmm.
It’s classy to support your club & what’s best for it.

Not just supporting blindly a failing manager taking the club backwards

ash_86

Yes it's really embarrassing. We get that OP and many others here doesn't like what Ole is doing. Fine, comment on his performance thread and move on. But nooooooooo. Have to find every single avenue to bash him.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
So..Want to actually answer the question.

Quite straight forward.

which position do you think honestly Ole would be?
Not remotely interested in answering this question, or in what you are trying to achieve here. I wish I hadn't felt compelled to even post in this thread.

Rafaeldagold

State of some people.
What on Earth has Ole being a legend as a player & a good guy have ANYTHING to do with his talents as a manager or if he should be sacked.

Ridiculous state of the fans supporting the failing manager rather than what’s best for the club

ash_86

So are you saying we as fans can’t ever say when a manager is doing bad? Interesting. Don’t think Jose or LVG had that privilege...hmm.
It’s classy to support your club & what’s best for it.

Not just supporting blindly a failing manager taking the club backwards
No one is asking you to keep support him. There is already a Ole performance thread. There is plenty of posts there from you that you have expressed you're dislike for Ole. You don't have to keep finding different avenues to bash him especially when situation is not positive.

Rafaeldagold

Not remotely interested in answering this question, or in what you are trying to achieve here. I wish I hadn't felt compelled to even post in this thread.
Funny why you won’t answer the question...I guess you think he ranks pretty low too then.

UpWithRivers

State of some people.
Why? He has been in charge for 46 games. And previous to that Molde and Cardiff. Maybe you can't gauge how he turns out after the season or in 2,5,10 years. But now as it stands where is he ranked manager wise. Not as an player or as a person. As a manager after 46 games where is he ranked?
It's a genuine question. I'm curious.

Rafaeldagold

No one is asking you to keep support him. There is already a Ole performance thread. There is plenty of posts there from you that you have expressed you're dislike for Ole. You don't have to keep finding different avenues to bash him especially when situation is not positive.
This is a totally different thread on where he ranks in the premier league.

Things will get positive for us once he leaves and a competent manager comes in

Rafaeldagold

Why? He has been in charge for 46 games. And previous to that Molde and Cardiff. Maybe you can't gauge how he turns out after the season or in 2,5,10 years. But now as it stands where is he ranked manager wise. Not as an player or as a person. As a manager after 46 games where is he ranked?
It's a genuine question. I'm curious.
They can’t answer that as they they then have to admit he ranks in the bottom 3.

ash_86

This is a totally different thread on where he ranks in the premier league.

Things will get positive for us once he leaves and a competent manager comes in
You exactly knew what kind of responses will be posted in this thread and you enjoy it.

hp88

Based solely on his experience in England it would be towards the bottom, disaster at Cardiff and average at United.

Champagne Football

How anyone is comparing him to Lampard is beyond me. Chelsea have a real golden age of talent coming through. Mount and Abraham were on loan in the championship and are both above 20. Hudson-Odoi is a huge talent as is Tomori who is also above 20 and who was at Derby last season.

So Chelsea hace a collection of very talented youngsters that are all ready for the first team.

We have Greenwood and Garner who are probably 2 years away from being ready to make an impact.

On top of that Chelsea have the best central midfielder in the league in NGolo Kante, and Jorginho, Kovacic and Kepa as top talent. Their squad is on another level to ours right now.

Ole is picking up the pieces of a disaster zone after 3 managers who could not have been less suited to Man Utd. I would take Pochettino tomorrow if he becomes available. If not then give Ole till the end of the season.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Funny why you won’t answer the question...I guess you think he ranks pretty low too then.
Last post from me in this shitshow.

You don't get it and you probably never will. As has correctly been said here already, there is a thread to comment on his performance.

TheReligion

Abusive
Just when you thought the United forum couldn't get any more weird.. Another Ole thread.

How many do we need mods? Seriously. Not arsed about the content - I get people are pissed off with our current situation but surely we need to be looking at the sheer volume of these threads and merging them to clean the forum up a bit.

@Damien et al

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
What on Earth has Ole being a legend as a player & a good guy have ANYTHING to do with his talents as a manager or if he should be sacked.

Ridiculous state of the fans supporting the failing manager rather than what’s best for the club
Someone called him a clown. I stopped reading at that. No issue with anyone saying he’s not the right man for the job.....calling him a clown?

Hes achieved more in his life than anyone here. He’s a class act too.

Chairman Steve

He's not the best. Gotta be towards the bottom end of a metaphorical Premier League table. I think he needs a real top-of-the-class DoF(s) or technical director(s) behind him to succeed at this level... something that I was fecking adamant should happen if he was going to be permanent manager.