Where would you honestly rank our manager?

Tyrion

Bottom 5. There's no reason to put him any higher.

Unfortunately, I agree totally with this. Lampard is light years away from this clown in ability. As for the rest there is even less contest.
I'm not sure about Lampard yet but I agree on OGS.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
Ole is not untouchable. Never said that, never asumed that, never will. No one is. Not in the modern football. Hero one moment, clown the next. Remember if Ole did quit after the season, he would have "been further up there with the gods at their table" - but he gambled and sits alone in the basement at the moment, and then reality with the lacking transfers hit him during the summer window along with this and that ..

-

I will precise this, i follow United mostly because of Ole at this point (far from alone in my native country, which is nothing but natural), if or when he gets the sack i will be more neutral in an instant (Blackburn/Wycombe are my teams, and with the caf and internet fans overall as a reference, the United fans have not converted me - the matchday fans have though, sadly they are a minority and some of the players and the club as a whole as i know it) .. but what i find funny is that i have been a Ole`s Man United supporter for is it - 9 months, and i seem to know more about United than many of the plastic supporters hanging about - and that is sadly not even a joke. Those mental ones are often the ones screaming the loudest also with their keyboards, and they find eachother and they even make a choir not even up to the standards of a screaming alley cat

- -
- -

Tony Pullis said something like: `Rebuilding takes time and to get time you have to win matches` That was Tony Pullis, at United you could double that pressure, it comes with the job (end of story)

To survive until the transfer windows are Ole`s job, of course the summer one are the most important. To get there he have to deserve it (and have the definite luck that also goes with being a manager - and that luck has to be earned to, and supported)

I sincerely mean that if he should get one more summer window, there would be a different Ole next season, with more resources, more demand onto the owners, a more hardened character, better team, coaches, more knowledgable of the game we live and learn - funfact: Ole is not stupid (United are such a large machinery it can`t be all controlled in 9 months. You are a big club remember).

Whoever the manager of this club will be, Ole or anybody else, if the time is not given you are doomed to repeat. That i do know.

Also, every manager should also be tested during times when it`s not going so good. How do they cope with the pressure, how do they come out of it, did you as a manager learn anything? United, Arsenal, Spurs, Watford, Wolves, Everton, Newcastle etc .. all under pressure these days

Football is also sureal. If United (i hope when) .. United wins next match - you are in contact with the top again .. then there is Liverpool (but players will be back for that).

.. as to where i would rate Ole as a manager? Right now he is number 11 in the league .. maybe at 6 after Newcastle ;)
You're out of your mind if you think that he deserves one more window and it will be a miracle if he's still here next week.

He's the league's worst manager by a country mile. MU are actually on a relegation course, getting worse each week. Sure, the board isn't doing him any favor and the injuries are taking their toll, but the football he serves week in week out is absolutely terrible.

He's completely out of his depth, his players - when they're not dropping like flies due to muscle injuries (sign that the fitness preparation is going massively wrong)- look lost on the pitch and no one on Earth is able to identify his game system. He didn't improve a single player. His signings were two hot properties and James was a Giggs recommendation. No established player is going to sign there and you can bet that the best ones will soon hand in a transfer request.

He should've never been given the job.

Last edited:

Hughie77

Ole is a nice guy and that's his problem he needs to be ruthless and sorry the Board and Woodward have thrown him under the bus, it was said it would happen, the I told you so are now smiling ..

el3mel

One of the worst coaches in the league by a very long margin. Will probably be 17th or 18th among 20th.

And of course he'll become one of our worst managers ever, and definitely the worst manager post SAF.

Last edited:

sunama

Baghdad Bob
1. Pep Guardiola
2. Jurgen Klopp
3. Mauricio Pochettino
4. Brendan Rodgers
5. Unai Emery
6. Roy Hodgson
7. Eddie Howe
8. Nuno Santo
9. Manuel Pellegrini
10. Sean Dyche
11. Ralph Hasenhüttl
12. Frank Lampard
13. Graham Potter
14. Daniel Farke
15. Chris Wilder
16. Dean Smith
17. Marco Silva
18. Quique Sanchez Flores
19. Ole
20. Steve Bruce

This is taking into account resources available, expectations etc.
So, do you want to revise the bottom 2?

Irrational.

So, do you want to revise the bottom 2?
See post below:

Standings updated after today's game:

1. Pep Guardiola
2. Jurgen Klopp
3. Mauricio Pochettino
4. Brendan Rodgers
5. Unai Emery
6. Roy Hodgson
7. Eddie Howe