Where would you honestly rank our team?

OverratedOpinion

I don't mean this to be moaning thread, I am just honestly curious after watching the first half against West Ham where you would rate our squad in the league if you broke it down player for player.

I think it is obvious that we are behind City, Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal.

Other than that, do we have better players than Chelsea now Hazard has left? Do Wolves have better players than us?

I think we are probably 6th best in the league but want to know opinions.

OverratedOpinion

We consistently finish around 4th-7th. There's your answer.
We have also had a number of different managers and a huge amount of transfers in the last few years. I personally see a regression from the last few years where we finished 6th/5th.

Castia

If this game today was against City we’d be 5 down at HT.

No hyperbole, no over the top bullshit we’d be 5-0 down and that’s where this squad is.

First 11 ranking I think we’re top 6 but the squad on the whole is top 10. The line up today shows just how far off we are.

OverratedOpinion

More negative shit.
If the situation is bad then by proxy of talking about it you will come across as negative. The people on here who constantly bemoan everyone else as negative are worse than the people who want to actually talk about the situation due to this being a football forum.

meninred

5th i would say..arsenal are not good side and Chelsea just might be slightly be better..the other teams are all inconsistent.

paulscholes18

Mid table with the 11 on the pitch, with Shaw, Pogba, Martial & Rashford should be good enough for top 4

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
6th but injuries to Martial and/or Pogba takes it bottom half.

NinjaFletch

Mid table with the 11 on the pitch, with Shaw, Pogba, Martial & Rashford should be good enough for top 4
I mean, yeah, I don't really see how anyone could argue differently. We went into the season with a paper thin squad that, if we were incredibly fortunate with injuries may have been good enough for the top four. We haven't been fortunate, and now people are acting surprised that a squad that looks mid-table on paper is struggling away against another mid-table team.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
7th. Leicester have a better team. Forget last week, they do.

cyril C

better than Everton, worse than Wolves. 6-7th finish unless we have a radical change on management

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
Think United will finish 5th. May sneak 4th EL depending.

2plus2is4

Supports
Ze Germans
I think this is the first time ever that no player of our starting XI would get into a pool or city starting XI...maybe with the only exception of DDG, but you could also argue that

PoTMS

West Ham genuinely have a better starting XI than us.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
I'd say in terms of quality and general performance we're below Leicester and Wolves.

joker00

This is not a topic to reply on in this matchday to be more objective, watching spurs, arsenal and chelsea playing I couldn't say they're much ahead of us.
Could finish 4th.
Believe

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I'm not being reactive when I rank us 6th. That was my prediction before the season. I also said it wouldn't be a huge surprise if we would finish 8th because of Leicester, West Ham, Wolves but Wolves haven't been very good so far.