Which 20 clubs would you pick to be in the Premier League?

Cassady

Supports Liverpool, Not Accrington Stanley
Supports
Accrington Stanley.
Definitely a good and entertaining side Cassady but that Ipswich side was in a different class. I remember them in ‘81, and having just checked the figures (see above) they were the best English side, it was ridiculous that they were runners up. They played SEVENTEEN more competitive matches than Villa.

Although we won the European Cup that year, alongside the League cup, we actually had a strangely poor League season. Ipswich were just brilliant that year in almost every competition. They also played some of the best, if not THE best, football in Europe, with Muhren and Thyssen in centre-mid. John Wark scored 36 goals from right midfield! :)

Just read the posts on this page abd never knew that about the game total with Ipswich. I think we finished fith that year and us finishing outside the top two was rare back then. Going from the top of my head I think it was the 70/71 season and 92/93 when this happened.

Tony Babangida

Agreed. Great rivalry in the 90s. Much bigger than United v City was at that time. Leeds and Liverpool were definitely our big games in terms of real hatred, and then Arsenal came along later.

I moved to West Yorkshire when I was really young and lived there until I was 18, so I was always surrounded by Leeds fans growing up, so I always dreaded those games. Leeds fans were truly unbearable if they beat us, and pretty much any other time. Went to a couple of games at Elland Road (vs Forest and Wimbledon IIRC) as free tickets were easy to come by through my school, and the fans just spent practically the whole game singing about hating us. I got fed up of having to repeatedly stand up because "I hate Man Utd".

They're too big for the Championship though. They need an owner who isn't a shithouse to bring them back up, even though they'd be insufferable if they came back and were pushing for top 4 every season.
Haha, I can relate to all of that - also moved to West Yorkshire as a kid. I got a lot of stick from the Leeds fans at school! Still would like to see them in the premiership again, it’s a great rivalry.

red_devil83

United
Liverpool
Arsenal
Everton
Villa
Chelsea
Leeds
Bolton
Wednesday
Tottenham

West Ham