Which CAM/No 10?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Of those that's we've been linked with which would you like the club to sign?

Fernandes - now
Van de Beek - now/summer
Maddison - summer
Grealish - summer

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I think we've been linked to Zaniolo too but nothing solid as yet. Zaniolo would be my choice for the #10 role. But I would prefer us to shift to a 4-3-3 and forget about signing a #10.

Fosu-Mens

I think we've been linked to Zaniolo too but nothing solid as yet. Zaniolo would be my choice for the #10 role. But I would prefer us to shift to a 4-3-3 and forget about signing a #10.
Zaniolo and Pellegrini should be high on our list of potential players. Zaniolo got the physicality and abilities to play in any position on the pitch, bar goalkeeper.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Zaniolo and Pellegrini should be high on our list of potential players. Zaniolo got the physicality and abilities to play in any position on the pitch, bar goalkeeper.
Zaniolo and Pellegrini would be just what the doctor ordered..

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
We need more of a creative player than a goal scoring one imo.

Bestietom

Fernandes as an 8 is begging for losing the ball in dangerous positions.
While Maddison is a good player, we would pay way over the top for him compared to other players available.
I think Fernandes has more to his game than you believe he has. He can get back and win the ball back also. He can spray the ball around with a very good passing range also.

Walters_19_MuFc

It'd have to be Maddison or Grealish for me. Leaning towards Grealish because I love his confidence/swagger. Despite Villa hovering around the relegation zone, he never seems to go hiding. Looks like he has a strong mentality, and has more or less everything you want from a number 10.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Fernandes gives me the impression that he could step up and produce similar numbers in the PL. I just think he has the tenacity to his game where he wouldn’t be put off in a more physical league. In fact, I think he might thrive in it like Bernardo Silva.

His numbers are too good to ignore, and there is a low bar at the moment for what a number 10 is providing at Old Trafford.

For the prices being quoted, it makes a lot of sense to me.

It’s funny sometimes, that on this forum, the closer we get to signing a player, the more people grow cold on them. Whereas the most hyped players are often those that there are no connections or visible links to at all.

Fernandes can come in for a reasonable price and push the team forward right now. He has great stats, is versatile and is still young enough to continue to improve as a player.

My only concern would be that in 2 years, he will be 3 years away from 30, and therefore completely useless!

He is my pick, in spite of that!

Walters_19_MuFc

I think we will still go for Maddison in the summer, as Fernandes can play as an 8.
This is what I think. He doesnt play in a double pivot, but wonder if Ole feels he has the attributes to drop him deeper? He has the engine, long range passing/shots and will still be able to get forward, providing we play him next to someone more defence minded.

Number 10
Fred Fernandes

Cliche Guevara

Good question:

Out of the four, assuming they are all possibilities, I wouldn’t complain at any of them.

Bruno seems quite versatile and is a goal scorer but Grealish intrigued me so it’s quite close between those two for a favourite.

MiracleInMadrid

Van de Beek now, and stitch Pogba together for the #10-role. Don't think the ceiling for the rest mentioned is high enough to take us to the next level.

sherrinford

This is what I think. He doesnt play in a double pivot, but wonder if Ole feels he has the attributes to drop him deeper? He has the engine, long range passing/shots and will still be able to get forward, providing we play him next to someone more defence minded.

Number 10
Fred Fernandes
I don’t think it suits him. Every pass is a final one, would be too wasteful.

IrishMcD

Fernandes as an 8 is begging for losing the ball in dangerous positions.
While Maddison is a good player, we would pay way over the top for him compared to other players available.
This is exactly how i feel to mate, nail hit firmly on the head there.

fps

Maddison is the guy. He should create for the front line and works bloody hard. He’s young and hungry and has already shown he can do it in the pl.

Hawks2008

Well the benefit of signing Fernandes is that he's available now when a good signing or two can go a long way to getting top 4 and maybe some silverware this season which will leave us in a better position to get our other top targets. I think he'd be good fit to be honest.

If we cannot get it done now I'd still go for him in the summer but would also seriously consider the likes of Ziyech and Grealish and would be happy with any of those 3.

Maddison is good but not sure I like the idea of giving Leicester close to £100m when they are going to be a top 4 rival again next year. That said I would still be happy if the club brought him in.

Silas

Should just go back to 433 really, once we get a good DM. Also, as some have said, we're in need a controlling playmaker more than an out and out AM. The dream would be Thiago who could play as a #6, #8 or #10. Would take our midfield to another level.

Mr Smith

Apart from better set pieces and some long-range screamers, I think you will be underwhelmed.
Why do so many people say this? The distrust of Fernandes is confusing to me, everything I've seen from him is class. What exactly do you feel his limitations are?

eltigreFalcao

I would say fernandes now and van de beek in the summer. As much as I find Grealish intreaguing too, I believe those two would sort out our midfield. I think Fernandes being a goal threat is quite welcome. Providing we can see some of Pogba - Fred - Fernandes theres no lacking of creativity. Where I find we need much more chance creation is on the wings, much more in the right one. That spot has Sancho written all over.

Fosu-Mens

Why do so many people say this? The distrust of Fernandes is confusing to me, everything I've seen from him is class. What exactly do you feel his limitations are?
It's because some people view football differently and prefer it to be played a certain way. Fernandes might not fit into this.
He will be an improvement compared to the players we have, but that is not saying much.

There are some posts earlier in this Bruno Fernandes thread describing why he would not be the best fit, or why his game would not translate. Apart from set pieces and some long range screamers.