Which current side is the most 'aesthetically pleasing' football team?

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Putting your neutral cap on, which team do you think has a really stylish team, capable of playing fluid attacking football and catches your eye?

Personally PSG have always been a favourite of mine in recent years, partly because of Verratti but they have a really stylish way of playing the game and have done for years. Of course Barca were always the prime example of having a really beautiful style but these days I can't get through their games especially in La Liga, I tend to drift and can't watch them for 90 minutes like I would when they were at their peak.

In the EPL, I would say Liverpool when they are on it, are the most free-flowing..City aren't too bad, I think we can be pretty exciting if we could bloody finish - but not sure what the neutral makes of us, but I don't really enjoy watching Arsenal, Chelsea are methodical but not enterprising, Spurs bore the bejesus out of me (lack exciting wide players).

Germany, I don't really get a thrill from watching Bayern but Dortmund are a really good watch especially Demeble. Italy wise, I can't really watch any of the sides and my interest in Juventus has taken a nose dive since that majestic midfield is no longer existent. Back to France, Monaco are a good watch now, probably helps that we are looking at some of their players but I like the way they play.

Your thoughts?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
A few times this season Liverpool have played some really nice football. Mostly in the bigger matches in the first half of the season.

Unmutual

Not sure about Liverpool tbh. They score good goals, but all that pressing makes watching their games tough going. Same with Spurs, but worse.

Monaco have been worth a watch this season. 75 league goals in 25 games and counting. I loved RB Leipzig's high tempo football when they were in form earlier in the season. And PSG when they play in Europe, though for some reason they look less appealing in the few league games Ive seen.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Always enjoy watching PSG play in the CL.

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
How have Napoli been this season? Looking forward to seeing them against Madrid tonight.

Celestiale

No team for me that showed consistently good football this season. Last season i loved watching Leicester and Tottenham.
This season the teams with mostly entertaining games i saw were Leipzig, Monaco, Liverpool, Torino, Everton, Bournemouth until they lost Ake, and Köln until december or so.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Napoli

Hopefully they'll have a mare tonite

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Excited by the prospect of watching Monaco (the best attack season in Europe in terms of stats) against Guardiola known for coaching pleasing teams.

How have Napoli been this season? Looking forward to seeing them against Madrid tonight.
I still hesitate between that game and Bayern-Arsenal.

Madrid at home always takes risks so I will start with Madrid-Napoli

Red Star One

In England, bias aside, I mostly enjoy watching United and Chelsea.
Italy, I absolutely love the way Napoli plays this season. Sarri is doing a wonderful job there, plenty of very exciting players, exhilarating football. Also most goals scored in Serie A by a large margin. Hopefully they show their offensive side tonight against Real, I would love if they battered Spaniards like PSG did. Juve is always pleasant to watch too.
Other leagues I don't follow very closely, but from the few games and highlights I've seen Monaco, Dortmund and Benfica look very decent this season.

Hojoon

Not sure about aesthetics but Monaco and Napoli have been the most entertaining this season.

Nick7

From what I've heard from oppo fans we're still brushed with the boring LvG brush. Add to that most of the big games we've played this season we've been shite in.

Camilo

PSG are dull as they come - good performance last night being an exception.

I find/found Barcelona unwatchable - it's a bit better these days, but prime Pep era was dreadful - really boring to watch.

In modern times, Bayern in Heynckes final season were perfect for me - aggressive, fast.. Reminded me of old United - 90s rather than 00s.. Except with the overall standard being so much higher, it impressed me even more..

Currently in Euope.. No team really does it for me. I think Chelsea can be fabulous right now - always an extra man, dead impressive.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I enjoyed watching Pep's Bayern and Borussia was/is fun to watch sometimes, although I tend to get bored of them occasionally.

This season Monaco hands down.

Most joy I get from watching Liverpool is when they are hopelessly losing to some random outsider, can't rate them from a purely aesthetic point of view.

Same is with us - I don't know how good we actually are, but Ibra, Pogba, Bailly, De Gea, Micky, Mata, Martial etc. are playing beautiful football when they are in good form, very direct and full of flair (especially our one touch game)

Robertd0803

Us when we are attacking in full flow and scoring. So not quite as often as Id like.

I think Chelsea can be fabulous right now - always an extra man, dead impressive.
Yeah, when switched on they are very impressive. Like a machine at times.

Stocar

This season, Liverpool and Napoli. Though Barcelona still produces most moments of magic.

CM10

I like the way Spurs play generally - attacking full-backs, high energy and well organised defensively.

Monaco are probably the standouts at the moment though, free scoring with a lot of exciting young players.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
This season Monaco and Napoli. Dortmund have had a spell where they were scoring for fun but since the winter break it has been a bit shit to be honest.

BlueCelery

Supports
Chelsea
Napoli & it isn't even close. Monaco are ruthlessly efficient but in terms of entertainment, Napoli has them beat.

Chelsea are entertaining but lack the right players to take full advantage of Conte's system & philosophy. I'm even more eager to see what he does if we can get him 2/3 World Class technicians next summer.

JeffBoomTetris

In modern times, Bayern in Heynckes final season were perfect for me - aggressive, fast.. Reminded me of old United - 90s rather than 00s.. Except with the overall standard being so much higher, it impressed me even more..
Bayern were boring as well in Heynckes' season in their domestic league. Ask a Bayern fan who has watched most of their games and they will tell you that. It is their victory versus Barcelona and then subsequent treble win that inflated their reputation.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
This one is difficult, lets see:

Ligue 1 - Squad with most solutions,most strategical coach for cup competitions, and with the Draxler factor - PSG/for sentimental reasons and because is an portuguese coach - Monaco.

Bundesliga - Dortmund if you discount the lack of consistency in results, and losing 3 players like Hummels, Gundogan and Mikhy.

Serie A - Best manager and most exciting to watch - Napoli/ the most improved squad and performances after Pioli - Inter, honorable mention for Sousa Fiorentina, of course not on the same level as the other teams mentioned.

La Liga - Not even for discussion - Sampaoli and Sevilla, with less resources than Madrid and Barcelona but better coach sleeping than Zidane or Luis Enrique.

Premier League - Particularly at home, and when they use the system with 3 defenders - Spurs.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Ronaldo and Isco are quite handsome I guess, but then Modric kinda lets the side down.

White text.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
This one is difficult, lets see:

Ligue 1 - Squad with most solutions,most strategical coach for cup competitions, and with the Draxler factor - PSG/for sentimental reasons and because is an portuguese coach - Monaco.

Bundesliga - Dortmund if you discount the lack of consistency in results, and losing 3 players like Hummels, Gundogan and Mikhy.

Serie A - Best manager and most exciting to watch - Napoli/ the most improved squad and performances after Pioli - Inter, honorable mention for Sousa Fiorentina, of course not on the same level as the other teams mentioned.

La Liga - Not even for discussion - Sampaoli and Sevilla, with less resources than Madrid and Barcelona but better coach sleeping than Zidane or Luis Enrique.

Premier League - Particularly at home, and when they use the system with 3 defenders - Spurs.
I don't understand how people can think Spurs are good to watch. When Poch first took over they were a good watch but they're a really methodical side and I can't watch them play in normal league games, quite mechanical.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I don't understand how people can think Spurs are good to watch. When Poch first took over they were a good watch but they're a really methodical side and I can't watch them play in normal league games, quite mechanical.
I like the way they played at home against City and Chelsea, high pressing with good tactical organization, their main problem is when they play away matches and I did not liked their performance at the Champions League.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I like the way they played at home against City and Chelsea, high pressing with good tactical organization, their main problem is when they play away matches and I did not liked their performance at the Champions League.
Those two games were anomalies. I too really enjoyed those performances and Spurs have always been one of the entertainers of the EPL.. but I have seen loads of their matches this season, full 90 mins and they are really boring when they play sides outside of the top 6. City brought out the best in them, because they could counter.. and the game v Chelsea was just a genuinely brilliant performance but it is few and far between.

Good solid side, with some exceptional individuals but as the CL indicated, they are nowhere near as attractive a side as they were under RedKnapp. Team is more muscle and tactically astute rather than free-flowing football. It is a very Mourinho-esque side.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Those two games were anomalies. I too really enjoyed those performances and Spurs have always been one of the entertainers of the EPL.. but I have seen loads of their matches this season, full 90 mins and they are really boring when they play sides outside of the top 6. City brought out the best in them, because they could counter.. and the game v Chelsea was just a genuinely brilliant performance but it is few and far between.

Good solid side, with some exceptional individuals but as the CL indicated, they are nowhere near as attractive a side as they were under RedKnapp. Team is more muscle and tactically astute rather than free-flowing football. It is a very Mourinho-esque side.
This is precisely because I like it, never liked Redknapp, always thought he was behind on the tactical side, and I have no problems with mechanics and standardization, It means there is a lot of work being done in the training sessions, it might be crazy, but looking to the top 6 squads for me Pochettino is the one who is exploiting better the potential of the squad, lets wait and see until the end of the season, maybe the Europa League will be an test for them.

AlecHDR

Angry, incoherent heterosexual slob
Surprised by all the mentions of Liverpool. Everytime I watch them the word that comes to my mind is "chaos".

They attack with great numbers and buzz around a lot like busy bees but I wouldn't call their football "free flowing". They swarm the opposition over and over with great energy till something comes out of it.

I've actually enjoyed Chelsea's football this season. Great at both ends of the pitch. They've scored all types of goals, counterattacks, crosses to Costa, set pieces, balls over the top from Fabregas. They defend well as a unit and it is always fun watching Kante making you question your eyes by appearing to be everywhere on the pitch.

In the last ten years though, nothing comes close to Barcelona for me. I could watch those diagonal balls over the top, into space where Pedro/Alves/Villa had made a great run, all day long.

Our football is getting better and I've been enjoying some of our play a lot lately. That first goal vs Watford was the kind of goal I enjoy watching. Mkhi into Mata, backheel return into the space Mkhi ran into, quick pass out to Martial, cutback into the box where Mata had made a run and goal! Love it.

AlecHDR

Angry, incoherent heterosexual slob

I'm not disagreeing with you in general but their performance vs West Brom at home was great and very, very, entertaining. It was an anamoly though (they won 4-0 and had 21 shots)

jungledrums

Bayern were boring as well in Heynckes' season in their domestic league. Ask a Bayern fan who has watched most of their games and they will tell you that. It is their victory versus Barcelona and then subsequent treble win that inflated their reputation.
I don't agree with this, I watched plenty of their league games and loved watching them play. They played direct football with power, pace, physicality, aggression and finesse. That was back when Mandzukic could play, and Martinez bossed the midfield.

Theonas

Scout
I agree! I think it comes from the general feeling back then that people were sick of Barcelona and their brand of football. Bayern's win and more importantly, the manner of it, represented changing of the order and people wanted to believe the idea that you can be just as dominant, aesthetically pleasing and successful without playing the Barcelona way. I am not saying you can't but I think plenty of people saw more in that Bayern team than what was there.

totaalvoetbal

Supports
Ajax
Napoli are the most pleasing to watch for me. Sevilla are a close second with Monaco a close 3rd. City and la Real are also up there.

My friend told me Benfica are very good tacticslly so I will give them a wathc this weekend.

Dortmund have flattered to deceive and have tailed off this season.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
I agree! I think it comes from the general feeling back then that people were sick of Barcelona and their brand of football. Bayern's win and more importantly, the manner of it, represented changing of the order and people wanted to believe the idea that you can be just as dominant, aesthetically pleasing and successful without playing the Barcelona way. I am not saying you can't but I think plenty of people saw more in that Bayern team than what was there.
His comment about Bayern's domestic displays is utter tosh nevertheless. In that season we curbstomped the competition in an unprecedented manner, tossing clubs like HSV 9:2 out of the way. It was an extremely enjoyable BuLi season. That Pep was later able to replicate this for 3 seasons straight was an astonishing achievement, but it doesn't take anything away from the fact that we were a complete joy to watch domestically during our treble season.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Napoli are the most pleasing to watch for me. Sevilla are a close second with Monaco a close 3rd. City and la Real are also up there.

My friend told me Benfica are very good tacticslly so I will give them a wathc this weekend.

Dortmund have flattered to deceive and have tailed off this season.
I don't know if your friend was an Benfica fan, Dortmund should have won that match easily, the only great performance by Benfica was their keeper, Ederson, but I would not be surprised if they score an goal in Dortmund and qualify to the next round, Fejsa will be the key to them, he is the most tactically inteligent player on their team.