Which ESL club will hurt the most coming out of this?

Lyricist

Obviously not exactly a PR master stroke.
Will the fans and media treat some worse than others? Or will the clubs be able to return to normal within a week and all negativity will indeed be directed at the owners?

el3mel

Real Madrid no doubt about that thanks to Perez being the front face and his absurd interviews.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Everything will be forgotten with bit of time.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Real & Barca are in the most financial trouble I think. They'll be hurting financially.

AlwaysRed66

Madrid, & over here Spurs, who will never again be seen again as a sort of friendly team apart from the other power players.

Paul_Scholes18

This has caused me to get a disgust for modern football. It is bad enough before.

I feel United and the rich clubs are ruined for me. Unless we kick out the Glaziers and get fans to rule the club.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Real and barca are in a terrible financial state. I guess they needed the money the most.

hobbers

Real and Barca are both literally insolvent. That's why Perez was the pied piper on this idea.

Paying all your front like 600m euros a week each isn't a sustainable business approach which the coronavirus has laid bare.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Madrid, and maybe us. I can see the two clubs clinging on to this right 'til the death. Perez and Glazer seem to have had their names mentioned alongside this project more than anyone else. If/when we step away from it, I don't predict it will be swift or clean.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Barca are fecked, they have a billion Euros in debt. Spurs have a massive stadium loan to repay, with no audience allowed for a few more months.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Financially then it should be Real and Barca, but they seem to always get help when they need it so we’ll see.

Otherwise it will be United - biggest name, biggest fan base, most hated club and the media favourite to generate attention. We won’t be forgiven.

They all need to feel the pain, and that means the owners of the twelve clubs. Kick them out of the game as unfit. Their actions were criminal and disgusting

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Real Madrid - the head of the snake.
Barcelona - Financially fecked.
United - rep massively damaged, Glazers name all over this.
Liverpool - The fact that their owner was the first to make a public apology, and Sky's love in for them, they'll be forgiven quickly.
Spurs and Arsenal - The two teams most likely to keep missing Europe and Spurs definnitely need the money due to the new stadium. These two teams' social media will blow up with message like "super club LOL" every time they drop points in the league.
City - First to officially snitch and Pep's speech.
Chelsea - First to bottle it.
Juventus - Where there is crime and scummary, Juve are always there somewhere. Luckily for them, italian football is irrelevant these days so they'll be forgotten.
Atletico - Dont think many remember they were even in it.
AC and Inter Milan - Two other teams that I think people will forget were ever in this. The backing singers.

UK - Spurs will be laughed at as they shouldn't have been invited in the first place. Apart from that, nobody will say anything. Anybody moaning about us will remember their beloved Liverpool/Chelsea/City/Arsenal were also involved.

Spain - Barcelona and Madrid will struggle as they're both broke and they will need some dodgy accounting over the next few years. Barcelona are in big trouble anyway once Messi goes.

Italy - nobody will care. This is nothing compared to their usual shenanigans.

redrobed

Tottenham because if they’d stayed after everyone else had left they might actually have won something.

NoLogo

Real & Barca are in the most financial trouble I think. They'll be hurting financially.
Barca most definitely. They are on the verge of bankruptcy, if they don't find any new streams of income asap. Real, well I think they are just miffed about the fact that they can't go on their usual, 4-5 year cycle, shopping spree like they used to.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
It damages the reputation of the club at least until everyone involved leaves, in my opinion

Traub

Looking from an English perspective, Spurs are the most fecked financially. Reputationally probably us and Liverpool.

macheda14

With Woodward leaving and the very unsubstantiated but hopeful rumours that the Glazers might be wanting to leave after this, we might actually come out of this the best. Although I do worry it could be a case of better the devil you know.

The Plump Poet

Supports
Southend United
Barca and Juve.

Madrid will suffer the most in terms of reputation and trust, but are not as badly off financially as people think. They'll suffer in that regard, but ultimately they'll be okay.

Barca and Juve absolutely NEEDED this. Serie A doesn't bring in the monies and Juve spend a lot. They're in absolutely dire straits.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
From a reputational perspective, us and Liverpool, given the history of the clubs and the contrast between the expectations of fans and what this SL meant. City and Chelsea are plastic anyway so no one really cares, and Spurs and Arsenal are just there for the lols.

Real cos of Perez's involvement, Barça cos they're in a bad situation financially.

But in reality no one looks good coming out of this.

Classical Mechanic

In the past 30 years Juve have been through a doping scandal, a match fixing scandal and now this. You'll still here people on this forum describing them as a great club. People will forget this quickly.

0le

United. Liverpool will be paraded as the club with which its players and staff spoke back.

Vanrouge

United. Liverpool will be paraded as the club with which its players and staff spoke back.
I don't think this is true. Maguire and Shaw will be remembered as being instrumental in holding the club to account, Sir Alex spoke up, and former Red Gary Neville will be remembered as the face of the resistance, his eloquent condemnation channeling the thoughts of most football fans. United's owners will rightly be castigated for eternity, but not the players, staff, and former players.

Whereas Klopp's most passionate words were to have a go at Gary Neville and the Leeds players for wearing T-shirts. Liverpool didn't exactly cover themselves in glory.

Shark

@NotShark
Whereas Klopp's most passionate words were to have a go at Gary Neville and the Leeds players for wearing T-shirts. Liverpool didn't exactly cover themselves in glory.
I actually really liked Klopp before he joined the scousers. What is it with them turning managers into bitter lunatics. Even Rodgers has become far more likeable since leaving them.

Tallis

I think we will be fine. We may have lost some fans but I think fans view Utd and glazers as two different entities.

Last edited:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Real Madrid, Barca, Juventus. They're all incredibly fecked financially and probably banked on this working out for a while to pull them out of the dirt. Now they shot themselves in the foot.

Jimble

Over 65s Team Player
could depend on commercials. You may find that the official noodle sponsor decides they don't want anything to do with such snakes behaviour. There could be implications for all involved. United have a ridiculous number of these and a few pulling out could open the floodgates.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Arsenal and spurs had the most to gain since they aren't even in the CL. They were pulled from wondering how many of west ham, Leicester and Everton would finish above them next season as well, to an invite to a permanent seat at what was meant to be the biggest moneymaker in football.

Perez was re elected two weeks ago, the timing is no accident. He has four years to do damage control.

Juventus, based on their communiques, might throw in the towel on European ambition after this.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Liverpool parades themselves as a fans club. If fans were allowed they might actually burn down Anfield

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Real and Barca. They simply can't compete financially anymore (I'm sure they'll find a way eventually).

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The Spanish and Italian clubs will suffer most. That's for sure.
Barca and Madrid realize negotiating their own TV rights in Spain is no longer sustainable. The league is dying with half the clubs at risk of going under. The broadcast revenue for the Italian teams is simply too small.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
JP Morgan FC. They took a massive financial hit and got a downgrade to boot. Proof that this was a feck up and no master stroke of strategy. Clubs? Well owners of clubs - wait till regulation sets in and they have to put shares on the market and accept a smaller cut. Then that famous football establishment Glazer FC will feel a burning ache in the nether regions. Mr Henry Albion might feel it too. Can’t be arsed to bother about the other pigs at the trough.