Which fan channels do you follow?

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I think it’s cathartic to write.

In any case, I think some people obviously read what I post, as evidenced by this exchange, but I don’t claim to have any sort of special insight.

I doubt anyone ever went and shared what Feed Me on Red Cafe has to say, unless it was to have a laugh at me :lol:
Well no, but it's a bit like the principle of listening to your friends talk about footall. Besides, it's not like you need an education or even need to have been a professional footballer. If you've invested your time and followed a sport for decades, chances are you have a good argument for having a valid opinion. But like with pundits, they're just opinions.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Well no, but it's a bit like the principle of listening to your friends talk about footall. Besides, it's not like you need an education or even need to have been a professional footballer. If you've invested your time and followed a sport for decades, chances are you have a good argument for having a valid opinion. But like with pundits, they're just opinions.
Listening to my friends’ views about football isn’t a substantial effort, since I’m already spending time with them talking about all manner of different topics.

That’s different to carving out time to watch laymen talk nonsense for 30 minutes on YouTube – got better things to do. If I want to waste time, I generally come on the Caf.

Each to their own though, everyone is entitled to consume whatever content they want.

roseguy64

Can't stand Goldbridge and United Stand, awful channel

I follow Stretford Paddock as background noise usually when I work and AFTV whenever Arsenal lose
This is what I do. Especially since I'm WFH. Also after work when they're doing post-match. Have it on in the background while on social media or on the Caf.

Can't do the watchalongs though. I'm way too focused on the match itself. Only take small breaks to respond to messages or quickly look at twitter reaction to an incident.

siw2007

I subscribe to United Stand and Stratford Paddock.

I usually prefer to watch them away from match days as the content is better for my enjoyment. US feels a bit more light hearted to watch/listen with and SP has a bit more sophisticated content like the recent Rene interview which I thought was really good.

However, I try to avoid them after matches. They are fans just like us and depending on the result can be just as extreme in their emotions.

cptkeane1993

I watch United Stand and Stretford Paddock. As for why it's a good way to keep up to date with things and good to listen to other opinions, it's also funny at times and highly entertaining. KG on the United Stand is a great laugh, he did a video basically taking the piss out of Liverpool losing to Burnley the other night which was a good laugh to watch.
Yeah that was a good one, he was literally crying in the end after being thrown out of the room by this missus :lol:

cptkeane1993

Stretford Paddock and The United Stand, just some content to listen while I work from home, but not the WatchAlongs as I'm fully focussed on the game itself. But TUS Fan Forum after the game is great to have a laugh with when we win and cry/moan with when we don't.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Stretford Paddock and The United Stand, just some content to listen while I work from home, but not the WatchAlongs as I'm fully focussed on the game itself. But TUS Fan Forum after the game is great to have a laugh with when we win and cry/moan with when we don't.
KG & his sound effects crack me up.

Chief123

I was curious to see which, if any, United YouTube Fan Channels we are into?

I know we all like a good chuckle at AFTV when Arsenal lose, but do you any of you subscribe to any United-related channels?

The biggest one seems to be The United Stand which boasts 961,000 Subcribers - I don't subscribe to it personally, but Mark Goldbridge (114,000 Subscribers) has kind of grown on me a bit - I used to really dislike him, but I now actually find him quite funny at times.

The ones I do subscribe to are: Stretford Paddock which has 574,000 Subcribers and was sort of a phoenix channel to Full Time Devils which folded last year.

I also follow Stephen Howson (160,000 Subs) who is my personal favourite United YouTuber, although he seems to be a bit of a divisive figure on here.

Statman Dave is a popular one (247,000 Subs) having now been been poached by MUTV.

Let's hear your thoughts: do you subscribe to any of these channels? Did you watch fan cams before Covid? What do you think of these guys like Goldbridge, Howson, Adam McKola, etc?
Despite a lot of people thinking various people on these fan channels are “nobs” and you are an utter clown for listening to them, I do follow the United Stand and Stretford Paddock. Sometimes I’ll listen to The Football terrace as well. I’ll also watch The Kick Off show for big games.

I don’t always agree with everything that is said or shown on them, but that’s football. All fans have their opinions and I’m interested to hear different view points.

For those who think anyone that listens or watches them are fools, that’s quite an ignorant and foolish position to hold.

Chief123

Why do people want to watch unqualified people talk about football?
Same reason why everyone is here? Everyone on this forum is unqualified in that case. Why are we all here? Why do we talk to fellow fans about football? Such a strange logic.

Danillaco

I watch football YouTubers more for comedy than for anything informative. I find Stratford Paddock a bit boring, they are good for informative United content though

- United Stand (mostly for Flex & KG)
- Expressions Oozing (my favourite, Spurs fan)
- Hughwizzy (Arsenal fan)
- Kopish (Liverpool, only when they lose)
- Troopz (Arsenal, only when they lose)
- Rants n Bants (Utd, I don’t really like him but he has a lot of great guests on, Avelino (the rapper) is on sometimes & absolutely hilarious
- Rory Jennings (Chelsea, seems a nice chap, gives us a lot of respect)
I actually like Goldbrigde, he used to be very bitchy, but is much better now. Kg has grown on me. He's funnily outrageous.

I like Mckola and Stephen at United Paddock. Apart from that I occasionally watch The Kick Off, great show with opposing fans

Not much into other teams channels.

Last edited:

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Oh, look it's another thread where a few internet hipsters/boomers with internet access (funny how these overlap sometimes) bash fan channels and call them clowns and wonder why people watch them.

This is as valuable as the other top reds, true fans threads.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Oh, look it's another thread where a few internet hipsters/boomers with internet access (funny how these overlap sometimes) bash fan channels and call them clowns and wonder why people watch them.

This is as valuable as the other top reds, true fans threads.
What?

Rightnr

Read the first few comments. You'll get what I mean. Things are changing but there's a large contingent on this forum who are so elitist about sources of opinions on United, you can almost write the post before they even post.

DoomSlayer

- Expressions Oozing (my favourite, Spurs fan)
One of the most entertaining people out there, I think what he does is genius and extremely funny. "Champagne football" quickly was forgotten with "Trophé Mourinho" coming in. :lol:

I don't get the people who "don't get it". Stuff on YouTube is consistently more entertaining than what you see in the TV studios these days.

Last edited:

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Why do people go on forums and read hundreds of unqualified people talk about football? Why do unqualified people talk about football at all for that matter?
Why do they?

MattyLT

I wish Karl Pilkington would make a Manchester United fan channel. But in the meantime, Goldbridge will do.

Castia

I watch The United Stand. Not for huge footballing insight but I generally think Goldbridge is entertaining, he’s brilliant on his FIFA stream especially when he loses.

Ludens the Red

One of the most entertaining people out there, I think what he does is genius and extremely funny. "Champagne football" quickly was forgotten with "Trophé" Mourinho" coming in. :lol:

I don't get the people who "don't get it". Stuff on YouTube is consistently more entertaining than what you see in the TV studios these days.

Did you ever see this?
The greatest twenty minutes in the history of sky sports news .

DoomSlayer

Did you ever see this?
The greatest twenty minutes in the history of sky sports news .
Of course. Expressions is genuinely one of the funniest people I've ever seen and is just such a natural speaker. I have no idea how he comes up with all this stuff, honestly, his roasts are on another level. :lol:

Ludens the Red

Of course. Expressions is genuinely one of the funniest people I've ever seen and is just such a natural speaker. I have no idea how he comes up with all this stuff, honestly, his roasts are on another level. :lol:
How’ve you found his stuff with the Scouse gimp? I like their chemistry.

Mainoldo

How’ve you found his stuff with the Scouse gimp? I like their chemistry.
James Redmon :lol:

What a combination. Watched it on accident the other day.. I can’t wait for Spurs and Liverpool to play again just to watch them.

432JuanMata

I don’t care if he’s a big United fan or not I dislike Mark Goldridge. I don’t really follow any fan channels just post here and enjoy the football banter with all my mates.
I work in a place that has 300 staff and a lot our big football fans, even when things are going bad for us I still enjoy the banter it’s what being a fan is all about

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
One of the most entertaining people out there, I think what he does is genius and extremely funny. "Champagne football" quickly was forgotten with "Trophé Mourinho" coming in. :lol:

Champagne football replaced by “fossil football” :lol: :lol:

AkaAkuma

I like Goldbridge, ofcourse his own personality shines through but part of it is a persona as he knows thats what his subscribers like. I see his shows as a bit of light relief every now and then - he's also broadened out to interview twitter ITKs which are interesting.

Howsons interview content is decent and I appreciate he has a greater connection to the club via contacts etc

Oranges038

Not one of them. I don't even watch the punditry on the channels I paid for. Not going to watch any of these gobshites.

The only things I might actively keep an eye out for on YouTube are 442oons and Bill McLintock.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I tried watching a few but could only take about 10 mins before wanting to kill myself. Seems like everyone's jumped on the bandwagon now so will be interesting to see if they stick with their green screens once fans are allowed back in the stadiums. Half the time they just chat shit and patronise and insult their viewers anyway if they dare disagree with them. I would never subscribe to any channel or even like a video.

I don't know what it is but United also seem to have some of the most obnoxious YouTubers out there too. I'm talking Terry Frewers, Mark Goldbridge, Rants, Saeed, KG etc. They're just awful.

always_hoping

A lot if not most of the "fan" channels feed off negativity and make good money out of it.

Rightnr

A lot if not most of the "fan" channels feed off negativity and make good money out of it.

Your statement has literally nothing to do with the table you posted which shows general earnings. Show that through time (e.g. by month) and compare to our results and maybe then we can talk. Until then, you are another who wants to seem like they know more than they actually do and spout nonsense like feeding negativity and other such learned phrases your top red leaders have come up with.

If you actually do some research, you'll easily notice channels do so much better in terms of views and new subs when their club is doing well. Especially if you consider sticky subs, not people watching for one-off laughs. Maybe except AFTV but they're a comedy channel at this point.

Bondi77

I tried watching a few but could only take about 10 mins before wanting to kill myself. Seems like everyone's jumped on the bandwagon now so will be interesting to see if they stick with their green screens once fans are allowed back in the stadiums. Half the time they just chat shit and patronise and insult their viewers anyway if they dare disagree with them. I would never subscribe to any channel or even like a video.

I don't know what it is but United also seem to have some of the most obnoxious YouTubers out there too. I'm talking Terry Frewers, Mark Goldbridge, Rants, Saeed, KG etc. They're just awful.
I watch the Utd stand about once every couple of months to see if it is still awful and they really should have subtitles for some of the people they have on there.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
None. I find these fan channels such low standard viewing. Compare it to gaming and other YouTube channels and it's just too much difference in professionalism

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Why do people want to watch unqualified people talk about football?
I don't think that's particularly important. We come here to discuss with unqualified people after all. There are channels on film, gaming, music etc that are excellent without, in most cases, being run a professional. But I think the football fan channels are simply terrible.