Other Which is worse: Twitch chat or Youtube comments ?

The Firestarter

We are all familiar with the infamous youtube comment section. But lately I've been exposed to the mild radiation that the Twitch chat is. Keep in mind it was for the chess category, so it shouldn't be the most watched channels comparing to the actual gaming content. Still, it was a non stop visual vomit of people spamming pepe emojis , writing Pogu, KEKW , monka or whatever , with the occasional insult.
So, which one do you think is worse ?

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Twitch. It's just spamming emojis.

You can stumble across the odd gem in Youtube comments after you sift through all the racism.

Chief123

We are all familiar with the infamous youtube comment section. But lately I've been exposed to the mild radiation that the Twitch chat is. Keep in mind it was for the chess category, so it shouldn't be the most watched channels comparing to the actual gaming content. Still, it was a non stop visual vomit of people spamming pepe emojis , writing Pogu, KEKW , monka or whatever , with the occasional insult.
Redcafe is the worst.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
twitch chat makes me feel old.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Twitch chat, the Youtube comment section, and Twitter are all occupied by the same people so it's equally rubbish.

The Firestarter

Well I think it is correct so we've reached an impasse.
Twitch is mostly inhabited by pre/teens. You can see that by the occasional attempt to form a sentence when not spamming emojis. Youtube users seem to be of the facebook kind. Can't say much for twitter, although if I to guess it would be closer to youtube.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Twitch is mostly inhabited by pre/teens. You can see that by the occasional attempt to form a sentence when not spamming emojis. Youtube users seem to be of the facebook kind. Can't say much for twitter, although if I to guess it would be closer to youtube.
I can't really find proper statistics for YouTube but from what I can gather, 81% of all 15-25 year olds and 71% of 26-35 year olds use YouTube, which is a fairly lare presence compared to older age groups.

The two biggest Twitter age demographics are 18-24 which represent 24% and 25-34 at 30.9%.

The Twitch breakdown is something like this according to Quora:
According to the statistics that I’ve found, the average age of users on Twitch is 21 years old, with 76% of viewers aged between 18 and 49. To break this down even farther, 55% of Twitch users are between the ages of 18 and 34 with the other 45% comprising 13–17 year olds and people 35+.
I'd say they're relatively similar, probably was more of a generalisation from me than I realised in my initial comment.

paulscholes18

I have see an useful comment in the YouTube comments (it was about how to get a stuck disc out of a PS4)

Twitch is worse, it’s just full of emojis and repeated questions

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
YouTube comments on music tend to be lovely. Any of those lo-fi mixes or gaming remixes.

The real question is, what propels somebody to comment in the first place? Twitter I sort of understand because although it's often into a void, you might get the occasional like or retweet, which ignites those dopamine receptors. That kind of thing doesn't really happen on YT or Twitch.

Sometimes I think the next generation is a bit fecked by bypassing old school forums like this, although I guess Reddit is a next best equivalent.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Youtube comments tends to be flattering most of the times. Unless you dwelve into politics or strange divisive subject but most of the times i find it as cringey cross congratulation cesspit

Dont like twitch. The whole idea seems fecked up to me seeing people paying to see a guy doing nothing much on stream. It's one thing to be good at game but there are many shitheads that does nothing more than yapping all day long for a few dollar

0le

Twitch chat is definitely worse on the larger channels, but can be better on the smaller less well known channels.

Jack-C20

Twitch chat I don’t understand if there’s anything over a few hundred viewers. Over that then it becomes a constant stream or emojis or copy pastas (I think that’s what they’re called). The streamer can put Sub only chat on but I hardly ever engage in chat. Equally I’ve only ever commented on YouTube about three times. I’d say they’re both pretty crap unless moderated.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
They're not even close to The Caf matchday thread

Bosws87

What type of individual and age do you have to be to actively partake in twitch chat that's always been my question who are the people spamming Pogchamp and KEKW 12 hours a day everyday?

What entertainment do you get out of it, its like a cult i'd love to interrogate one of these weird individuals.

Abizzz

It's the content you watch not the platform you use. If you watch all the same content as the emoji and insult spewing hands then that's what you'll get.

I on the other hand watch world class plane spotting (ok not anymore, fecking virus) on youtube and selected GTA racers on twitch. There's no BS in the chat if you're the only one watching!

The Firestarter

It's the content you watch not the platform you use. If you watch all the same content as the emoji and insult spewing hands then that's what you'll get.

I on the other hand watch world class plane spotting (ok not anymore, fecking virus) on youtube and selected GTA racers on twitch. There's no BS in the chat if you're the only one watching!
I expected chess channels to be a bit more civilized. Dont want to see how it is in the fall guys portion of twitch.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Any chat in connection with a live football game

1-0
1-0
1-0
1-8
Racist comment
The past two streams I’ve watched, the chat wouldn’t close and all I saw was some trashing black players at both Milan clubs. And then any black player in the game. I don’t understand some people

InfiniteBoredom

The name kinda implies it isn’t it? Twitch ‘chat’, you are not gonna write out long sentences and it moves too fast for any sort of proper discussion, so all that are left is memes and emotes.

If anything YouTube is worse, because people still choose to meme and write out horrible racist shit when they have all the time in the world to mull over their words.

NotThatSoph

What type of individual and age do you have to be to actively partake in twitch chat that's always been my question who are the people spamming Pogchamp and KEKW 12 hours a day everyday?

What entertainment do you get out of it, its like a cult i'd love to interrogate one of these weird individuals.
Probably the same type as the individuals making noises when watching a game either at the stadium or at the pub. Only younger and more online.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
The chat that was on the stream I had for the Sevilla game had 2 people talking about the game and about 50 people discussing their favourite housemates on the Nigerian version of Big Brother. :lol:

Probably better than 99% of them.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan

1-0
1-0
1-0
1-8
Racist comment
Are you talking about the chat boxes on illegal stream sites? They seem to have a constant scroll of comments: I don't get it, who is going to read those, while trying to watch a game?

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Youtube. Twitch chat is or at least should be moderated. Moderation however depends on the channel.

Superunknown

1-0
1-0
1-0
1-8
Racist comment
That is perfect. It is exactly like that. Plus, the conversation moves by so quickly (due to the spamming) that it's impossible to actually even contemplate having a dialogue about the game. It's useless.

YouTube comment sections get a slightly worse rep than I think they deserve, tbh. I've been watching clips from the American version of The Office and the comment sections are usually pretty good. It's only on certain topics where it can be...unsavoury. Steer clear of any comment sections related to anything political and you're fine.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
The weird thing is Chaturbate probably has the most pleasant chat
Thanks for that, had no idea what chaturbate was, so googled it .... am at work. If I don’t have a job tomorrow I know who to blame.
:nervous: