Which match from the past 40 years?

Irwin99

It's probably not the most sporting match to pick but the 4-2 game at Highbury in 2005 was ridiculously aggressive and intense (and that was before the match had even started). You knew the players really didn't like each other. Made for a great watch though. The quality of the football was fantastic too.

Looking back, it's a shame Ruud didn't play. He really knew how to wind the Arsenal players up :lol:

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
It was entertaining, but wasn’t quite as epic or intense as the scoreline suggests since Real were never really in any trouble once they scored.
It was a spectacle more than a game. As you said it wasn't tense perhaps for the most part but it was so good in that respect that you could just watch it forever. If you want epic, tense game then perhaps United 4-3 City. So many turnarounds.

pacifictheme

No game where a team batters another. That 7 1 v roma was great for united fans but yeah.

United 4 city 3
Milan 3 liverpool 3*
The two legs of barca psg from the champions league a couple of years ago was great overall aswell

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Any game with the Brazil side of 1982 is a good choice. A game against Italy if you want more drama.

Stepney73

Utd wise.

1999 CL final
1999 cup semi(complete with Giggs hairy chest moment)
1977 cup final 2–1.
Barca home 1984.

None Utd

Hate to say it but those Liverpool/Newcastle 4-3s in the mid to late 90s where good games for the neutral.

Loads of others in each category and those where off the top of my head.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Arsenal 2 : 2 Manchester United
A special match. The best footballing rivarly I've witnessed.

0le

United vs City, 4:3. Hilarious, dramatic, scouser scoring a winner for United, mistakes, Tevez...had a lot that game...

Luke1995

Liverpool X Borussia Dortmund for the Europa League in 2015-16 was very good!

Colin Clarke

Wasting your time lads, if they don't understand the game, the passion and the excitement of following a team or even just loving the sport itself there is nothing you can do. I know I have tried with a couple of mates who are GAA ( Gaelige football, yes I am Irish) mad. They can seem to grasp the game or its intense rivalries

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.
1970 World Cup final Brazil 4 - 1 Italy

That Brazil side is greatest side I ever saw. They showed the total beauty of football which was perfectly encapsulated by the final goal in the tournament scored by Carlos Alberto.

I was only a young kid who loved football anyway, but this team made me love it even more.

OleTheGreat

Show them all the classic comebacks. Especially the one where Barcelona score 6-1 at Nou Camp to win against PSG. That was some atmosphere and game.

Robertd0803

The 2008 Champions League Final.

Then not including us Italy v France World Cup Final 2006. Great game and had it all.

Or else the Italy v Germany semi from the same World Cup.

Spurs v Arsenal 4-4 and Arsenal v Liverpool 4-4 as well.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Germany 7-1 Brazil.

That result will still be talked about in 100 years time.

Interestingly if you gave some highlights of that game who had no interest in football they'd probably think Brazil was some sort of Panama style team in the world cup although I'm sure even people who don't care about football know about Brazil's history in the sport.