Which midfielder do you prefer?

davidmichael

Dream scenario for me myself is Pogba (I think he’s off next summer), Lingard, Pereira, Matic, Mata and Chong all go next summer and we replace them with Camavinga and Bellingham which alongside McTominay, Fred, VDB, Mejbri and Garner gives us a lot of variety.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Dream scenario for me myself is Pogba (I think he’s off next summer), Lingard, Pereira, Matic, Mata and Chong all go next summer and we replace them with Camavinga and Bellingham which alongside McTominay, Fred, VDB, Mejbri and Garner gives us a lot of variety.
If VdB is given the paltry minutes he was in this season just gone, I'd fully expect a transfer request to be handed in pronto, and I think that bridge would be burnt.
As for Mejbri & Garner, well they are very unlikely to get any first team game time this season, if VdB can't even get a game, so throwing them in at the deep end next season and relying on them seems pretty reckless.
But I'd be delighted with Camavinga or Bellingham.

croadyman

Think over the next two games we will face teams that won't be easy to break down at all, therefore get a better idea of whether we need to sign a pure DM or more of a Deep Lying Playmaker. Mind you all the noises seem to suggest we are having trouble making sales and so will have to go with what we have until January at least.

Sleigh

Supports
Leicester City
I can see you signing Tielemans from us, if Pogba goes. He’s not signed a new contract yet and will only have 12 months left on his contract at the end of the season.

He makes everything look effortless.

meamth

I can see you signing Tielemans from us, if Pogba goes. He’s not signed a new contract yet and will only have 12 months left on his contract at the end of the season.

Love him. One of those wonderkids from FM who actually became a world class player.

Only 24, great engine, great passing, great shooting.

Now you mentioned his contract situation, I want him.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite

He's exactly what we need.

davidmichael

If VdB is given the paltry minutes he was in this season just gone, I'd fully expect a transfer request to be handed in pronto, and I think that bridge would be burnt.
As for Mejbri & Garner, well they are very unlikely to get any first team game time this season, if VdB can't even get a game, so throwing them in at the deep end next season and relying on them seems pretty reckless.
But I'd be delighted with Camavinga or Bellingham.
I think VDB will get more game time this season as Pogba will be used on the left of the 3 behind the striker until at least October when Rashford is back and probably only in the double pivot against smaller teams playing a low block so VDB will likely be used as an alternative to McTominay and Fred with Matic being used sparingly to close games out or offer added protection when needed.

With Pogba most likely going next summer as well as Matic I can see Mejbri and Garner getting first team game time next season although I see Mejbri more as back up for Fernandes than playing in a double pivot hence why I said about bringing in Camavinga this summer and Bellingham next as that then gives McTominay, Fred, Bellingham, Camavinga and Garner for the double pivot or variety if we played a 4-3-3 and Mejbri as Fernandes’ back up.

WhyYouGottaBeSoRuud?

Fantastic shout that actually and didn't realise his contract was up soon. Some smart business to be had there for sure.

Silas

Love him. One of those wonderkids from FM who actually became a world class player.

Only 24, great engine, great passing, great shooting.

Now you mentioned his contract situation, I want him.
Good player, but definitely not world class.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I think VDB will get more game time this season as Pogba will be used on the left of the 3 behind the striker until at least October when Rashford is back..
I'm not disagreeing, however, if true, then this raises even bigger questions for me, as to why Martial, James & Lingard would all be retained, with Rashford also due to return after surgery..
Do we really need 5 senior Internationals in that one position, with Sancho also able to play there too?

Also if this is true with Pogba, why would we be offering him £400k per week, just to shoehorn him into a role where we already have an abundance of options..?

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I'm not disagreeing, however, if true, then this raises even bigger questions for me, as to why Martial, James & Lingard would all be retained, with Rashford also due to return after surgery..
Do we really need 5 senior Internationals in that one position, with Sancho also able to play there too?

Also if this is true with Pogba, why would we be offering him £400k per week, just to shoehorn him into a role where we already have an abundance of options..?
That is the important point in Pogba new contract discussion. He's surely not worth that money as CM (especially since we don't have anyone who can clean up after him), is he worth that kind of money in current United team? Tough one.

Blood Mage

I think Neves is the best we can get right now, unless we grow some balls and test Barca's resolve for De Jong.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.

Sancho and Varane give me hope that we are smart enough to pursue him next season, when we need to replace Pogba. But it is a very slight hope, we never seem to give much care to midfield.

meamth

I think Neves is the best we can get right now, unless we grow some balls and test Barca's resolve for De Jong.
We don't have the money.

We're paying in installments for Sancho and Varane.

Any further signings is depending on player sales, which in covid situation is very unlikely.

Blood Mage

Brilliant player but not what we need right now. Would be a good signing for us next summer if we lose Pogba.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20

He has been my first choice since he signed for you guys. Good thing is , he would be a brilliant signing even if Pogba stays.

Think he will sign for Liverpool as we are more interested in Rice I guess.

jesperjaap

Camavinga long been my dream signing, especially at the prices mentioned.......I have to say though in terms of someone being the right age, having premiership experience, suting what we require and being able to come and slot straight in.....I am leaning more and more towards Bissouma if the fee is reasonable. Good feet, awareness, technique, positioning, winning the ball back, he just ticks a lot of boxes that would compliment our other midfield options I feel. There are other players in France I feel just as good and cheaper, but they are youngerand less developed though a higher ceiling maybe, but he is now provenand settled here. Do find it surprising nobody has come in for him or SAint-Maxim yet, the two players who with no disrespect to there clubs look a level above and ready to play for a big club

jesperjaap

He's exactly what we need.
Is he though? Very good player but what does he offer us defensively. Not comparing them but VDB has good technique and is a good midfielder, but he doesnt for me suit our midfield needs in our current sytem, not sur eTielmans does either, good player though he is.....world class is pushing it though in some of these comments

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Sell VDB and get this guy:

Brandon Fernandes

Date of birth: Sep 20, 1994
Place of birth: Margao, Goa India
Height: 1,67 m
Citizenship: India
Position: midfield - Attacking Midfield
Foot: right

Devil may care

we need 2 otherwise one of McFred will still be starting. If we got Bissouma or Tchouameni this summer we'd have a #6 and next summer we could focus on signing a quality creative #8 when Pogba leaves.

MartinRed

Kalvin Phillips
Ruben Neves
Declan Rice
In this order of preference.
The only issue I've got with them is that no one is CL proven but I think any of them will manage.

redrobed

Kalvin Phillips
Ruben Neves
Declan Rice
In this order of preference.
The only issue I've got with them is that no one is CL proven but I think any of them will manage.
I wouldn’t be against getting all 3 of these and then (given their lack of CL experience) just see which one(s) work out. We can always offload any that don’t perform in the future but should go far to guaranteeing we get at least one who cuts it.

MartinRed

I wouldn’t be against getting all 3 of these and then (given their lack of CL experience) just see which one(s) work out. We can always offload any that don’t perform in the future but should go far to guaranteeing we get at least one who cuts it.
I'dont think that's possible, but one of them will be great signing for us.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Id take anyone at the minute that’s better then Fred! We’ve neglected a position we desperately need and it shows in the Southampton game, we’re getting over run and over done in midfield. It’s embarrassing

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I just want Pogba to play in midfield with Bruno Fernandes protected by a CDM.

We need an extra attacker in a group of 11 be that in midfield, out wide or up top.

bond19821982

I just want Pogba to play in midfield with Bruno Fernandes protected by a CDM.

We need an extra attacker in a group of 11 be that in midfield, out wide or up top.
And do what ? Do you really think quality has been the issue today?

bond19821982

Well fred couldn't hit a barn door today, that's a lack of quality.

Matic plays as an auxiliary cb and offers nothing.
We have quality in the lineup to register a shot against a woeful side.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I think we need another ready-made self-motivated player who will perform regardless of coaching setup, like Bruno and Cavani.