Which old match still annoys you?

LDUred

Another shout out for the inglorious home tie against Porto in the CL 2003/04.

An horrific way to go out: Tim Howard virtually assisting Costinha after Scholes had had a goal chalked off when miles onside. I think T-Ho got caught in two minds with the free kick because he probably initially wanted to punch it over for a corner, but he then made a half-arsed attempt to catch the ball. It was like the sort of goalkeeping you see in school games.

The Scholes offside decision was one of the most horrendous I've ever seen for the amount the attacker was onside and for the lateness of the flag. It's impossible to watch that game again. It just stunk of complete shit. It was as if the linesman knew it was offside, but then just stuck his triumphant fecking flag out for the sheer hell of it.

Last edited:

Winrar

4-4 vs Everton haunts me more than any other defeat we've seen us suffer. Even the 1-6 vs City that year was more of a "what just happened" deal, a freak result seeing us concede 3 in the last 5 mins or so.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I think the bold was Blackburn at home and we also ended the game with Jones and Carrick at CB, Yakubu bullied them both that day.
And Evra wasted a great chance to kill the game.

Ian Reus

Ended 14 years of Grand National sweepstakes
4-4 vs Everton haunts me more than any other defeat we've seen us suffer. Even the 1-6 vs City that year was more of a "what just happened" deal, a freak result seeing us concede 3 in the last 5 mins or so.
I'll not forget that match for other reasons.
I had only moved to the Hague a month or so and didnt know anybody outside my office.
I went in to a sports bar specifically to watch the united match and ended up meeting a few expats from scotland and England. Still friends now so 5-4 to United.

Lentwood

The Real Madrid game where Nani was sent-off. I'm still not having that was dangerous or reckless. Arbeloa bought that sending off and the referee fell for it hook, line and sinker.

Also the Bayern Munich game at OT when we were in control until Rafael got sent off for an absolutely needless shirt-pull

Bayer Leverkusen in 2000 when we were expected to sail through into another European final but failed against a vastly inferior side

So mainly CL-related for me. It's hard to pinpoint any PL games other than the obvious 0-0 with West Ham and 4-4 with Everton

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
Ah man, so many :lol: was thinking about this the other day, great thread to vent in! There are a few already mentioned...the Pompey FA Cup tie was a sickener...we missed so many chances, blatant pen on Ronnie then the wankers get a pen with about their only attack of the game, and we go down to 10 with no keeper left on the bench. cnuts.

Liverpool 3-3 United
3 goals up in no time away at Anfield. fecking destroying them, going forward we looked like we could score at will. Then fecking Nigel Clough gets two from outside the box and that fat fecking lump Ruddock gets the equaliser. Daft looking Grobelaar made a great save that would have made it 4-3. cnuts.

Spurs 4 - 1 United
We were dreadful. Hope restored through an Andy Cole goal I think for 1-1? Got battered the rest of the game. We had about half a fit defender at the time. cnuts.

United 1-4 QPR
feck me, what a shambles that was. Relative is a QPR fan, even brought it up at his old mans funeral, with him being a United fan! :) bastard! Never forget the shit I got for that. cnuts

United 0 - 1 Dortmund
Really fancied us...we had a cracking young side and were playing well. Was it a massive deflection? Can't quite remember now. We were 1 down from the first leg and needed a good start and went a goal down in no time. cnuts

Chelsea 5 - 0 United
Massimo Taibi basically punching our own CB in the face. Chris Sutton couldn't hit a fecking barn door for the twats otherswise...Jodi Morris playing his fecking trumpet. cnuts

United 1-1 Porto
fecking Scholes goal was a mile onside for 2-0. cnuts.

Newcastle 5 - 0 United
feck off. cnuts.

Southampton 6 - 3 United
Grey kit cnuts. Pal at work is a Southampton fan and still talks about this like a fecking European Cup win. I was trying to listen to it on the radio during some family walk in the fecking country. Radio never made it home.

United 1 - 2 City
50th anniversary of Munich, bar scarfs everywhere, old retro red kit and the sun fecking shining in Manchester walking down Warwick Road. What could be better? cnuts.

Arsenal 3 - 2 United
2 down away at Highbury and all looked lost. 2 fantastic goals from Teddy gets us level, which infuriated Arsenal fans...brilliant...David fecking Platt scores a header for 3-2. cnuts.

Wigan 1 - 0 United
Awful fecking game. Truly awful. Awful fecking side. That little shite Maloney, basically shite for 37 games a season scores a class act goal. I won't mention the Everton game, as others have, but people forget this game before it. Get even a point out of that and it was still in our hands. cnuts.

Torpedo Moscow 0 - 0 United
Don't remember much about the game, other than the shootout, which still haunts me to this day. It was an early kick off so rushed home from school to catch it. Torpedo missed their first two, we scored ours. All smiles. We missed the next two, they scored all the rest of their and we went out. I was so gutted I couldn't eat me tea. cnuts.

I think the worst I felt growing up was 1995 away at West Ham. The chances we had. fecking hell.

If we are talking about more than a single game it has to be the run in for 1991/92 season. Oh the sickness. Was it worse than the 2012 incident? Probably...I was brought up with the First Division Title being the Holy Grail at the time. It was in our hands and we gave it away, to Leeds of all sides....yeah you guessed it....cnuts.

Last edited:

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
The Real Madrid game where Nani was sent-off. I'm still not having that was dangerous or reckless. Arbeloa bought that sending off and the referee fell for it hook, line and sinker.

Also the Bayern Munich game at OT when we were in control until Rafael got sent off for an absolutely needless shirt-pull

Bayer Leverkusen in 2000 when we were expected to sail through into another European final but failed against a vastly inferior side

So mainly CL-related for me. It's hard to pinpoint any PL games other than the obvious 0-0 with West Ham and 4-4 with Everton
Was going to mention them, but you got in there :)

Latter two there were really hard to swallow.

Ibrahimorich

When we played Porto under Mourinho and Scholes goal was given offside despite 3 Porto players playing him onside. Bloody Russian linesman.

When we battered Arsenal in that FA Cup final but lost 1-0.

When Drogba fouled Wes Brown on the line to score for Chelsea to win the title.

Luke1995

Will never forget falling asleep in the first half of both Sevilla games and waking up after they ended.

el3mel

United 3 - 2 Bayern in 2010 CL QF second leg.

Very, very annoying day. We should have went through after going 3-0 up ffs. Rafael getting sent off and them scoring 2 goals was just a nightmare this day.