Which old match still annoys you?

SerenityValley

3-3 with Liverpool after giggs/Irwin had us 3-0 up.
Draw with West Ham, giving Blackburn the league.

Those still boil my wee all these years on.

Jibbs

2002 vs Leverkusen. Feel like we really didn't do ourselves justice over the 2 legs. Imagine that CL final vs Real Madrid :drool::(
Remember that Forlan shot which was cleared just before the line by Placente ? how i wished to see it go inside goal.

Mepp

50th Anniversary of the Munich disaster. Lost to City 2-0 (we wore those gorgeous classic kits)

I was there that day and I was so annoyed that we didn't get the win. It's lessened over the years but the hurt is still there

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
The game versus Bayern with Robben's volley.

United58

Bayern 2-1 United in 2010, Rooney injured his ankle chasing down a player in the build up to their second and was out for months. If that injury doesn't happen, we probably win a League and Champions League double (Rooney was top 3 in the world at the time, Nani, Fletcher and Valencia in godly form ahead of an impervious defence and Ferguson would have overcame José's Inter IMO)

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
The Leicester comeback.

Things would have been so much different. The demise of LVG.

redshaw

Nani sending off in Fergie's last year against Madrid while1-0 up in second leg, even more annoying was the capitulation of 10 men, the crowd noise was incredible at the injustice and may even have unsettled the players. West Ham in the mid 90s and under LVG where we missed out on goal difference for top 4 to City and give Pep his CL start with City in 2016.

4-4 at home to Everton in 2012, we lost the league on that shambolic performance.

I remember Andy Sinton and QPR getting a 4-1 at OT when I was a teen in 1992, I was very down as it looked like we were going to win the league and become a top team. Probably was a huge kick up the arse in hindsight to be much better.

Last edited:

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
this was the first game that came to my head when I saw the title of the thread. Sure James pulled a worldly save from Rio in injury time too
Didn't Rio go in goal in this game after our GK had been sent off? I can't remember if it was VDS or Kuczscak who was sent off but pretty sure Rio went in goal, unless I'm misremembering horribly.

Al-T

The 1976 FA Cup Final still boils my pish.

1995 at Wet Sham that let Blackburn win the league. Bollocks.

Game v Madrid where we had them all over the shop and got stuffed by a crap referee. Furious.

bucky

Bayern 2-1 United in 2010, Rooney injured his ankle chasing down a player in the build up to their second and was out for months. If that injury doesn't happen, we probably win a League and Champions League double (Rooney was top 3 in the world at the time, Nani, Fletcher and Valencia in godly form ahead of an impervious defence and Ferguson would have overcame José's Inter IMO)
He already was injured before the game and van Buyten did his part in making it worse.

Cpt Negative

Didn't Rio go in goal in this game after our GK had been sent off? I can't remember if it was VDS or Kuczscak who was sent off but pretty sure Rio went in goal, unless I'm misremembering horribly.
yeah. Maybe it was Sheasy he saved from.

Brightonian

Three CL ties. Scholes vs Porto. Nani vs Madrid. Rafael vs Bayern.

I never want to get too up in arms about it because 1) that way lies the dipper mindset and 2) Arsenal were getting consistently fecked by European refs twice as often during that period. But still, our slide from the top to the middle wasn't half lubricated by refereeing decisions.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Porto 2003/04.

Highlights popped up on Youtube so I watched them for the first time since that game all those years ago and Jose running down the pitch celebrating ruined me.

Scholes is a mile onside.

Howard cocked up massively.

We could've beaten Monaco in the final.

bucky

Three CL ties. Scholes vs Porto. Nani vs Madrid. Rafael vs Bayern.

I never want to get too up in arms about it because 1) that way lies the dipper mindset and 2) Arsenal were getting consistently fecked by European refs twice as often during that period. But still, our slide from the top to the middle wasn't half lubricated by refereeing decisions.
We had more than enough chances in the second leg and we gifted them 2 goals at the end of first game. I'm more annoyed with those games, because we beat ourselves. Obviously the referee didn't help in the second leg, but we only had ourselves to blame for going out that year.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Leverkusen 2002 Semi Finals of Champions League was an opportunity missed.
This one really upset me. We played really well and were winning the second leg 0-1 and then concede such a poor goal to go out on away goals.

Bayer were dreadful in the final too and it was in Glasgow where Ferguson would have been king

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
The draw with West Ham on the final game of the 1995 Premier league season.
Was my first thought too. I was only 10 and remember finding it frustrating. My main memory was how annoyed my dad was though.

RyRy11

Throwing a new one in here the 5-5 draw vs West Brom and Fergie’s last game in charge. Although the goals and drama epitomises the great man we were 3-0 up and then 5-2 at one point before Lukaku (known for being shy against the big teams) goes and nets a second half hatrick.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
I remember the first time Luiz played against united. He should have been sent off. I hate him for that game

Ian Reus

Ended 14 years of Grand National sweepstakes
2002 vs Leverkusen. Feel like we really didn't do ourselves justice over the 2 legs. Imagine that CL final vs Real Madrid :drool::(
I lived in Scotland at the time and got my exes family all to apply for tickets for the final.
Was lucky enough to get 4 tickets.
Sold 2 for 700 quid in st George's square.
100 to a young Spanish kid and 600 to his da for the other one.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Portsmouth in the FA Cup is a good shout. Arsenal 2003 too.

Worst for me is Bayern 2010.

Fitchett

Agree with all the matches mentioned so far. Another one (or two) was both legs of the Inter Continental Cup against Estudiantes in 1968 for what was the World Club Championship then. Both legs were absolutely brutal, with the South Americans getting away with murder for a narrow aggregate win. Under today's rules, they would have been fortunate to finish with a single player still on the pitch.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
People say the second leg of bayern 2010 but the first leg when Rooney got injured was horrible.

fps

We where not very good that year.

I would probably say that match against Real where Nani got sent off. Felt so unfair at the time.

And the match against van Gaals Bayern. Felt we underperformed against them.
The Nani one, I remember thinking Fergie seemed devastated and thought perhaps it might be his final season.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
The Real Madrid one and also the one we lost drew (or lost) against Everton the season we let Citeh win the league.

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
In addition to the ones mentioned, I really hated losing 1-0 to City the season they won their 1st title. When you lose to poor refereeing, opposition keeper having a worldie or poor finishing it’s just pure bad luck but we lost that game in the most un-Utd and Un-Fergie manner possible. We pretty much surrendered the game when we named the team sheet.
Came in here to see if anyone had mentioned it. Was incredibly nervous for that game - what with us having never won a title before - but was utterly perplexed by Fergie's approach, which seemed to have him caught in two minds. Without context it was a very strange game, with neither side really stamping their authority or creating any chances. The only goal came from a set-piece as well.

Minkaro

I remember a game against Blackburm. late on in the 09/10 season. It finished 0-0, and Chelsea went on to win the league. Obviously a 38 game season doesn't hinge on a single game, but I remember being SO annoyed at that, felt it was a really winnable game.