Which one hurts the most?

Ibnu Ramli

Legend
1) Liverpool winning the League this season
or
2) Liverpool winning the League this season when we're a pile of shit.

I wouldn't mind them winning if we went toe to toe till the last day of the season. But to hand it to them on a sliver platter...

SaintMuppet

Nothing hurts more than liverpool winning anything under any circumstances. It’s Like catholic guilt, it’s built in and can’t be avoided.

berbasloth4

liverpool are probably going to win the league but still all the focus and all the press is on us. Take a long time if ever before they become bigger than us.

NWRed

For me it's the fact they're winning it on merit as a well run self funded proper football club. City's success means very little to me given how it's been aquired, Liverpool's is just through being an exceptionally well run football club with a great manager at the helm, just like ours was.

Last edited:

red thru&thru

For me it's the fact they're winning it on merit as a well run self funded proper football club. City's success means very little to me given how it's been aquired, Liverpool's is just through being an exceptionally well run football football club with a great manager at the helm, just like ours was.
Yep, my feelings exactly. I'm just taking some solace in the fact that we're so shocking, it is our own fault. If we were properly run, we should be up there and winning the. The fact we aren't, not much we can do. Begrudgingly, you just have to accept and applaud their club for the work they've done. Shocking really.

Mr. Meeseeks

I'm struggling to think of anything worse than that, but each to their own.
No I would prefer them winning if we are challenging them all the way to the end too. It would be an entertaining and anxiety ridden journey with heartbreak at the end but at least it would be exciting and we would look forward to every weekend. There would also be optimism that with the right additions to the squad, we would have a good shot at the next season as well.

Them dominating when "Manchester United" and "x points from the relegation zone" are being used in the same sentence without irony in the media is just depressing. We have been so bad recently that I have legitimately forgotten at times why I even follow football. This state of affairs is clearly much worse than the alternative. I'd take heartbreak mixed with hope over this total monolithic depression any day.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
No I would prefer them winning if we are challenging them all the way to the end too. It would be an entertaining and anxiety ridden journey with heartbreak at the end but at least it would be exciting and we would look forward to every weekend. There would also be optimism that with the right additions to the squad, we would have a good shot at the next season as well.

Them dominating when "Manchester United" and "x points from the relegation zone" are being used in the same sentence without irony in the media is just depressing. We have been so bad recently that I have legitimately forgotten at times why I even follow football. This state of affairs is clearly much worse than the alternative. I'd take heartbreak mixed with hope over this total monolithic depression any day.
As I said each to their own. ;)

United Hobbit

Anything with Liverpool winning the league however definitely where we are shit at the same time. I could slightly handle it better if we pushed them all the way however currently they can both laugh at us for winning it AND for us being shit

It's not even like we have won something else eg a CL to soften the blow. Even if we were seeing signs of recovery eg like Chelsea if they keep going this way as we could look forward to us being back but there are so many things wrong at the club currently and we are playing dreadful football I cant actually think of anything positive about our first team etc currently. They are current CL champions and could retain it while winning the league that's an even worse thought

Last edited:
Much rather them win when we are poor.

A title race, with all the emotion against Liverpool and losing it - that’s much worse.

Clearly no Utd fan wants them to win, but this way is the best of two horrendous situations.

Judas

Open to offers
This is somewhat easier than losing out to them in a close battle in an odd way, that would be absolutely destroying.

We have so much time to get used to the fact this is finally finally happening.

Baneofthegame

Well personally I’m triggered by AGUERRRROOOOO etc still to this day.

So I like @Class of 63 can not think of anything worse and it would probably stay with me forever.

So I’ll take the current option facing us today.

Bestietom

Well if anyone can beat Liverpool, we can. I'm really expecting us to lift our game against the Scousers, it could be the start of our revival.
Miracles do happen.

MisterLupus

Actually it would hurt more if we went toe to toe with them. I don't mind Liverpool being better than the weakest Manchester United side we've seen in three decades as much as them being better than a strong Manchester United.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

Liverpool winning it and knowing that they will start next season as grand favourites to win it again (if Pep leaves, it won't even be a contest) while we will still be trying to grasp the difference between a rebuilding and a free fall.

dogwithabone

I still fancy City to win it. There’s six points at stake with the head to heads and Liverpool are leaking goals.

Eriku

or

I wouldn't mind them winning if we went toe to toe till the last day of the season. But to hand it to them on a sliver platter...
Uh......... I mean... in what world would Liverpool winning AND us being a pile of shit be better than just Liverpool winning? Explain the logic to me, plz.

What's worse? Breaking your leg, or breaking your leg and having the flu?

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
It’s less shite because were shite. If we went toe to toe and they pipped us that’d be worse than being able to claim the league is pretty poor quality in general which is the sole reason they won......

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I still fancy City to win it. There’s six points at stake with the head to heads and Liverpool are leaking goals.
City have dropped points 3 times in 8 games, whereas Liverpool haven't dropped ONE point. City have plenty of injuries, and in the critical position of centre defence this year, and their best player plays a couple then misses a couple.
Last year Liverpool lost once in 38, and the last couple of weeks they've got back on their lucky things going their way again, dodgy keeper, Leicester guy not just clearing it/95th min pen...

What on earth gives you any confidence that 8 point lead won't increase if anything?

Bulldog United

or

There's no worse feeling than losing the title on the final day of the season. Losing it to Liverpool would be soul destroying. That said, bigger picture, and as bad and painful as it would be, I think it would still beat what we're experiencing right now. Because being very competitive would at least mean we would be in pretty good shape as a club again, and that we would all be enjoying plenty of games - instead of a swamp of negativity.

Eriku

There's no worse feeling than losing the title on the final day of the season. Losing it to Liverpool would be soul destroying. That said, bigger picture, and as bad and painful as it would be, I think it would still beat what we're experiencing right now. Because being very competitive would at least mean we would be in pretty good shape as a club again, and that we would all be enjoying plenty of games - instead of a swamp of negativity.
Yeah, I'm not sure why anybody would prefer this malaise to us being real contenders... It might be tougher to swallow in some ways, but feck me... We used to make fun of ABUs, but ABLs are fine, I guess?

Josh 76

Hate to say this but these feckers finally deserve it. That's what hurts the most.

Bulldog United

Yeah, I'm not sure why anybody would prefer this malaise to us being real contenders... It might be tougher to swallow in some ways, but feck me... We used to make fun of ABUs, but ABLs are fine, I guess?
I try not to judge other peoples feelings too much, I just know how I feel:

I am happier when United are winning matches than I'm sad when Liverpool win.
I enjoy us winning trophies more than I hate Liverpool winning them.
I love United more than I hate Liverpool.

It's impossible for me to imagine hating Liverpool more than I love United, but that's just me. Everyone feels however they feel about things, and none of this means I'm not praying Liverpool fail to win the league again this season. :D

Greck

Sheesh guys at least hide the envy. Liverpool fans all over have this thread open wanking themselves silly to the salt and tears. Personally I'll keep my face straight till we're back on top

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Born in 89. Never seen them get there. This is a nightmare.

Kudos to them though. They've endured.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Here’s a different way of looking at it.
No one wants Liverpool to win the league but if City win the league they equal our record of winning the league 3 years in a row. We’ve done it on two occasions between 1999-2002 and 2006-2009... do people want City to achieve something only our club has, do they want Pep do achieve something only SAF has?

For me I’m completely disengaged. From the title chase.

dogwithabone

City have dropped points 3 times in 8 games, whereas Liverpool haven't dropped ONE point. City have plenty of injuries, and in the critical position of centre defence this year, and their best player plays a couple then misses a couple.
Last year Liverpool lost once in 38, and the last couple of weeks they've got back on their lucky things going their way again, dodgy keeper, Leicester guy not just clearing it/95th min pen...

What on earth gives you any confidence that 8 point lead won't increase if anything?
Gut feeling.

Football is not an exact science.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Gut feeling.

Football is not an exact science.
Really, and I mean really hope your gut is right fella!
Bizarrely I think we can hold Liverpool. It just makes too little sense for it to happen, so has to, right?

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
I'd hate it if we lost a title race to them.

Us being shit means we can focus on us being shit whereas if we're neck and neck with them we have to give a shit about their results.

2009 was far too close for comfort.

DoomSlayer

What hurts me the most is to see our fanbase fall so low and be so docile when it comes to the real issues at our club. It's quite frankly embarrassing.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Two Ibnu Ramli threads in the same day. We are truly blessed.

And to answer your question, what difference does it make? Liverpool winning hurts enough; doesn't really matter if we're good or shit when it happens.

Marcelinho87

We ain't handing nothing on a silver platter... If they don't win it that's down to city we ain't got anything to prevent it. I would rather they won it while we're like this than when we are challenging.

Sterling Archer

What hurts me the most is to see our fanbase fall so low and be so docile when it comes to the real issues at our club. It's quite frankly embarrassing.
Amen, mate. Fans happy to let this all unfold for over a decade then all of a sudden whining like entitled babies about their big bad rivals winning.

"Wahh I would rather lose the FA Cup than Liverpool win the Champions League"

"Wahhh Liverpool won the Champions League. Yay let's hire a former legend with piss poor experience. And don't blame the Glazers, they spent so much money! It's all Jose's fault"

"Wahhh Liverpool is going to win the league. Ed Woodward is not at fault!"