Which player will dominate football in the next decade?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Pedri will never have the stats to match the goalscorers but he looks easily the best young player in the world right now. The maturity (and skills to go with it) with which he plays is just unbelievable.
Define "young"

wr8_utd

:'(
Why not? Mbappé(and Haaland) are already coming close now. And the sport is heading in that direction in general. Top strikers are scoring more than at any point over the past 30 years

Mbappè is 23, he's been performing at a roughly similar level or even better than Messi or Cristiano at the same ages since he was 18. He was already decisive in winning a world cup and reaching a CL final, not to mention winning a bunch of league titles, including one with Monaco in which he was their best player once he started playing consistently
To match Ronaldo and Messi's freakish domination, they won't just need to score a lot but they'll need to score 50 a year for ten years. I'm a big fan of Mbappe and Haaland but do I think they can dominate the way Ronaldo and Messi did (and for that duration)? I don't think they will to be very honest.
Define "young"
I'd go with under 21s.

AndySmith1990

Don't know, but I hope to hell we never see any player rivalries that create the cringe worthy arguments we've had to put up with for Messi vs Ronaldo

Ibi Dreams

Probably Haaland, but I don't think he or anyone will come close to Messi/Ronaldo for a long time. Their consistency over 15+ years is going to be hard to top

wr8_utd

:'(
Don't know, but I hope to hell we never see any player rivalries that create the cringe worthy arguments we've had to put up with for Messi vs Ronaldo
Can definitely see it happen with Mbappe vs Haaland as long as they don't end up in the same team.

Righteous Steps

To match Ronaldo and Messi's freakish domination, they won't just need to score a lot but they'll need to score 50 a year for ten years. I'm a big fan of Mbappe and Haaland but do I think they can dominate the way Ronaldo and Messi did (and for that duration)? I don't think they will to be very honest.

I'd go with under 21s.
Haaland is 2 years In at 19 he can definitely do it, this comes to my point though we’ll see someone match Ronaldo before we do Messi, no one will combine the level of goalscoring and elite playmaking he had in his prime for a long while, but the likes of Mbappe maybe able to match Ronaldo.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
Can definitely see it happen with Mbappe vs Haaland as long as they don't end up in the same team.
Only if Mbappé moves to Real Madrid and Haaland to Barcelona.

It's not gonna happen if Haaland goes to a team not named Barcelona, if he goes to City nothing is gonna happen, because there is no rivalry between Real Madrid and City.

Ronaldo moved to Real Madrid, and Messi was already in Barcelona, this is the moment the rivalry started.
Nothing would have happened if Ronaldo moved to Juventus or AC Milan, as Barcelona has no rivalry with those teams.

ForEverEleven

Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Florian Wirtz. If he was a Barca player and was called "Wirti" or something, he would be getting Ballon Dor Shouts at this point.