Which players career would you rather have?

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Player 1

9 x Premier League
5 x Champions League
8 x FA Cups
5 x League Cups

2 x World Cup runners-up
3 x European Championship runner-ups

5 x Ballon d'Or
8 x PFA Player of the year
5 x Golden Boot

Player 2

1 x Premier League
1 x La Liga
1 x Serie A
1 x Bundesliga
1 x Ligue 1
1 x Eredivisie
1 x Primeira Liga

1 x Champions League
1 x FA Cup
1 x League Cup
1 x Community Shield
1 x UEFA Super Cup
1 x FIFA Club World Cup

1 x World Cup
1 x European Championship
1 x Confederations Cup
1 x Olympic Gold

Last edited:

Teja

Easily 1? Maybe these are real players and I'm missing the comparison, but still, should always be #1.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
The comparison isnt fair imo.

The number of titles alone isnt similar it's hard to choose anything other than 1.

16 epl titles alone is not fair.

Probably make it abit more balance in terms of overall

stepic

I see where you were going with this but you made option 1 way too good (I mean, 12 CLs? Come on).

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
This is stupid comparison, not even close... 12 CL and 10 Ballon D'or? This will be by far GOAT career.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
The comparison isnt fair imo.

The number of titles alone isnt similar it's hard to choose anything other than 1.

16 epl titles alone is not fair.

Probably make it abit more balance in terms of overall
I see where you were going with this but you made option 1 way too good (I mean, 12 CLs? Come on).
Ok, slightly modified it.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
I see there was a update

For me easily player 2
1 x Premier League
1 x La Liga
1 x Serie A
1 x Bundesliga
1 x Ligue 1
1 x Eredivisie
1 x Primeira Liga
1 x Champions League
1 x FA Cup
1 x League Cup
1 x Community Shield
1 x UEFA Super Cup
1 x FIFA Club World Cup
1 x World Cup
1 x European Championship
1 x Confederations Cup
1 x Olympic Gold

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
The 12 CL trophies was too much. If it was 2 CL trophies in the 1st option I'd take the 2nd option. A richer life I think.

But you just can't say no to multiple CLs.

Eoin McMahon

Player 1 going by even just his individual awards would be considered one of the greatest players of all time maybe even the greatest so if you wanted a career like that Player 1 is the one for you

Player 2 could be a number of different careers as you would play in 7 different countries and while being always successful for club and country you seem to move around alot so that could mean a number of things that could be bad or good. So player 2 is anything really but a star player for any team as you don't have any individual awards and you had a number of different teams. Player 2 could even just be the backup goalkeeper for all them teams and thats how he won all of his league and cup medals.

So I realized I have way too much time on my hands and over analyzed this post just to pick neither of them.:D

Cloud7

This doesn’t seem like a fair comparison at all? Numerically one of them has much more trophies than the other? I get what you’re trying to go for in terms of winning more with one team versus conquering all of Europe and international football, but if the numbers are so skewed then it’s not really a worthwhile discussion.

Eoin McMahon

This doesn’t seem like a fair comparison at all? Numerically one of them has much more trophies than the other? I get what you’re trying to go for in terms of winning more with one team versus conquering all of Europe and international football, but if the numbers are so skewed then it’s not really a worthwhile discussion.
Exactly Player 2 is surely just a squad player to be moved on by at least 7 different clubs and no individual awards mentioned my bet is a backup GK. Nice medal collection though.

Tarrou

1 would be in the running for greatest of all time

2 would be a great quiz question

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
It's a bit like comparing Cristiano to Zlatan (although obviously it's a fake comparison)

I'd easily go for option 1 (Cristiano).
It's also almost like comparing Cristiano to Maxwell. Which makes the choice even easier.

ariveded

Player 2 could also be the luckiest and best “2nd” goalkeeper ever.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Player 2.

Individual awards are a joke and I'd rather win 1 world cup than 4 Champions Leagues.

Getting to experience so many different leagues would be awesome as well.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Player 1.

You’d be a legend of the same proportions or greater than Giggs in the the greatest era (or at least a golden era) of your football club’s History.

Player 2.

While incredible achievement reading between the lines there would likely be some underlying reason as to why you move around so much. Either you are a huge talent and have trouble settling or you are just a good player fortunate enough to move to clubs at the right time.

paulscholes18

Player 1, but losing 5 supper cups and failing to win the CWC which seems harder not to win would put a slight downer on it

Dan_F

I’m assuming player 1 would be playing for the club he supported, to stay that long. In which case it has to be player 1.

I think trying a different country or two would be fun, but not every year. That’s a lot of moving for family or time away from them.

Ramos

I know it's not based on real players, but i can't help trying to find the player that would come closest to profile number 2.

Edit: Thierry Henry won 11 out of those 17 different trophies. Can't see anyone beating that.

Last edited:

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
Title wise i'd certainly pick Player 2 (i basically rate 1 WC and 1 EC each like 4 CLs). He has won it all. But individually i would still pick player 1, because he probably earns much more money than player 2 (individual awards , seems like the best player in the world while player 2 could be a 'random' defender)

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Vieri, Gullit, Borriello, Asprilia. I'd take any of theirs :drool:

:D

Lyricist

The comparison is still ridiculous. Player 1 is still far over powered. It’s not like you made player 2 better to fix the disparity. Player 1 is incredible but you just gave him a lot of painful losses, to balance a potential goat with a successful player for club and country.

Player 1 is still clearly better. I’d like you to balance it even more to make the discussion worthwhile!

Chipper

Adulterer.
9 titles vs 7
5 CL vs 1
8 FA Cups vs 1 + 0 domestic cups in other countries (unlikely considering he's on good teams)
0 World Cups vs 1
0 Euros vs 1

The other stuff is of less importance.

Got to be player 1. I like their trophy haul better. They almost certainly had fewer clubs than player 2 and are reasonably likely to have won it all with just the one team. I could be a legend with said club and have a real connection with the fans. Would rather that and have a sense of feeling settled than moving around all over the place.

While I like to think the awards wouldn't mean much to me, the fact that player 1 has them all and player 2 doesn't means he's a better player too.

Last edited: