Which players in the game do you think are worth every penny of their fee/wages?

diarm

I don't know what Kante is on but I do know he's worth at least twice that much. Not sure there is a more important player than him in football at the moment - only maybe Modric has the same impact on his side(s) at both club and international level.

Revan

Assumptionman
None of them.

Cap them all to a maximum 10k per week .....they'll still want want to play, what else could they do?

The very best players will still make millions through their own commercial deals.
Why is better for hundreds of millions of dollars to end in the pockets of owners than footballers whom we watch play?

Revan

Assumptionman
Ideally, the money saved on wages would be used to lower ticket prices.
Ticket prices aren't that high to be fair, and they don't have much relation with wages. United's salary for example is more than twice we get from the stadium. The majority of money is generated from commercial and TV deals, not from tickets, and if clubs want to lower prices, they can do it anyway.

Prices don't get dropped while the demand is higher than supply, which is the case for most top clubs.

Murray3007

Pretty much everywhere. Catalan media, Spanish media, and then confirmed by football leaks. Messi is on ~€110m gross per year, plus add-ons
yes he might be on that for the year but that don't all come from Barca, will include his Adidas, Pespi and whatever other deals he has which will be a lot I would guess,

MetoTTT

He hasn't renewed his contract (expd. 2020). I believe he will not sign new contract unless he gets paid on par with Kane.

Some interesting figures..

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/arsenal-f.c/payroll/

Kante 120k
Jorginho 102k
Wanyama 26k

GK:
De Gea 200k
Kepa Arizabalaga 192k :eek:
Lloris 100k
Cech 100k
Ederson Moraes 78k
Alisson 77k
I'm pretty much sure Kanté got a massive pay rise not long time ago. Even then he deserves every penny. What a player! I still can't believe we didn't buy him from Leicester.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
In terms of sheer bang for buck, Godín is up there with just about anyone, really — transfer outlay of only €7.6 million (in a market where Wolfsburg signed Kjær from Palermo for ~€14 million and Barcelona subsequently made a net loss of ~€10 million on Chygrynskiy), and reasonable wages for several years — which sets him apart from attacking megastars. Best pure central defender of this decade, a consummate professional who leads by example, decisive factor in Atlético's Champions League final runs as well as the La Liga title and Europa League titles, etc. Brings so much value to the squad — you could argue that no other active centerback would have been able to mastermind Simeone's formidable defensive scheme as dexterously as him — a genuine icon of this era, and one of the few contemporary proponents of the art of defense in a traditional sense.

Pretty groovy that Atlético were able to sign him, Luís, Miranda and Juanfran for just ~€25 million.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
yes he might be on that for the year but that don't all come from Barca, will include his Adidas, Pespi and whatever other deals he has which will be a lot I would guess,
No, those are his wages from barcelona

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
"None of them." Give it a rest - You cannot selectively dip in and out of the machine that is football and then say the exponents providing you with the entertainment are not worth what they are paid, nor can you compare it to 'real life' and jobs that 'mean something' because even in those fields, the very best at what they do get paid more than everyone else, despite having no watching/paying audience that generate revenue.

Football is a multi-billion pound entertainment enterprise and footballers should get their slice of the pie without being castigated and that goes for all mediums the masses pay for in their droves to see the best do what they do.