Which players in the squad would you like to still see playing for us in 3 years time?

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Since the club is going with the "youth route" under Ole. just wanted to see which long term players we actually should believe in.

Rashford for sure, Fred certainly has a place, Bruno. Who else?

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Most of them tbh. The only ones I'm sure aren't good enough are Periera and Chong. That's even if Periera qualifies, he's what 25? Chong is still very young, granted, but I just can't see the hype at all.

el3mel

Most of the main lineup is good enough to be here for the next upcoming years, even if some become bench options with better players coming, they'll still be useful options to have around.

youmeletsfly

Pogba

Bruno

Rashford

McTom

Fred

Mason Greenwood

Maguire

Dean Henderson (on loan, but a Utd player)

Brandon Williams
Basically this, bar Greenwood, don't think he makes it if we continue with the current management.

alexthelion

Basically this, bar Greenwood, don't think he makes it if we continue with the current management.
Why? Ole plays the youth players more than certain managers in the league but he brings them in slowly, which is the best way to do things.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Greenwood has 9 goals in 24 matches in his debut season with the senior team, at the age of 18. Going by that metric, he has already made it.

Steerpike

Since the club is going with the "youth route" under Ole. just wanted to see which long term players we actually should believe in.

Rashford for sure, Fred certainly has a place, Bruno. Who else?
Three years is too far away, but for next season the ones I would like to see remaining (or returning from loan): -

Romero
Wan-Bissaka
Dalot
Lindelof
Maguire
Smalling
Tuanzebe
Shaw (while Williams develops his game, particularly to improve his ability with his left foot)
Williams
Fred
McTominay
Fernandes
Mata (still useful, and won't fetch anything in the transfer market)
James
Rashford
Greenwood

The ones I would like to see leave: -

Bailly
Fosu-Mensah
Jones
Rojo
Matic
Pogba (good player, but no superstar, and he doesn't want to be here which creates an unwelcome circus around the club)
Perrera
Lingard (I still believe he's useful when he's on his game, but he's in a rut now and needs to move on)
Sanchez
Martial
Chong

I'm undecided on the rest.

hobbers

Williams, Rashford, McTominay, Greenwood, Bruno, Tuanzebe maybe. Lindelof, Shaw and Fred at a push...

AWB but I see him edging closer to the deadwood category every time he touches the ball.

Obviously Maguire and De Gea will still be about.

The rest don't belong at the club frankly.

Paul_Scholes18

Rashford, Williams, Greenwood Mctominay, Henderson I would 100%.
Depending on what we get in then it can change who I want to keep.

Certainly want gone unless something special change. De Gea, Pereira, Sanchez (playing well today though funny enough), Lingard, Mata(age factor), Matic (age factor).

Focusmate

Supports
Non League
Williams Maguire and AWB so thats 1 additional needed in defence.
Up front Rashford and Greenwood who I think is going to be a top player.
Midfield McTominay, Fred the way he is progressing and Fernandes. Basically we need a top class midfielder to replace Pogba and we will have the bones of an excellent starting 11.
Actually thinking about the team in 2/3 years I feel quite positive.
still plenty to get rid of though!

youmeletsfly

Why? Ole plays the youth players more than certain managers in the league but he brings them in slowly, which is the best way to do things.
One thing is to play a kid, another is to develop him. As far as I can see, the current crop of managers aren't that good at coaching, but that's only my opinion.

Web of Bissaka

Like to see:
  • McTominay
  • Pogba (unrealistic I know, sigh football is fun when he's on)
  • Williams
  • Rashford
  • Greenwood
  • Romero
  • Wan-Bissaka
Too soon to include Bruno, not enough games for evaluation.

A lot of things can happen within the 3 years though, even the first year.

nyanza

Both De Gea and Henderson :( , Wan Bissaka, Dalot, Maguire, Tuanzebe, Williams, Mctominay, Fernandes, Pogba, James, Greenwood, Rashford.

TrustInOle

At this moment in time;

DDG
Awb...????....Maguire....???
???....Pogba
???....Bruno....Rashford
.???
Hendo, Lindelof, Axel, Williams, Scott, Fred, James, Mason
That would be about it. 6 players I feel we have that are currently good enough for continuous top 4 atleast. The rest have plenty of potential or will make solid squad players. Makes you realise how far we are off the standard.

mav_9me

Most of current first team/squad. Goodbye to Lingard/Perreira/Jones/Rojo/Shaw.

ReallyUSA

Rashford, Bruno, Maguire, Lindeloff, AWB, James, Fred, McTominay, and the whole youth team that's played this year.

Devil1

BRANDED: Part Time dipper supporter
Are people omitting De Gea for a reason? Surely people don’t think Henderson will usurp him any time soon?!

Spaghetti

Mom's
Are people omitting De Gea for a reason? Surely people don’t think Henderson will usurp him any time soon?!
I think so. Henderson has had 2 cracking seasons, touted to take Pickford’s place for the Euros. De Gea has been dodgy for a while and has lost his place in his international team.

Devil1

BRANDED: Part Time dipper supporter
I think so. Henderson has had 2 cracking seasons, touted to take Pickford’s place for the Euros. De Gea has been dodgy for a while and has lost his place in his international team.
That’s a bit harsh. Henderson has had a few decent games but has a long way to go to match De Gea.

Craig Ward

Easier to list those who are surplus to requirements now.

One's we need to ship out immediately:
Lingard
Smalling
Sanchez
Pogba
Jones
Rojo
Bailly

Still useful squad players, however long term need to be replaced:
Mata
Matic
Periera

Question marks around youngsters:
Williams
Garner
TFM
Tuanzebe
Chong
Gomes

Current x11/squad members who could be upgraded/shipped to more of a squad role:
Martial
McTominey
Lindelof
James

Pretty evident we need a LOT of work in the next few transfer windows. Looking likely over the next 2 windows - we need about 9 players to leave. Given the speed we recruit this is very unlikely, so i suspect a lot of our current squad will still be here in 2-3 seasons sadly.

I wouldnt say any player is safe, even DDG. Squad as a whole is messy