Which players will be the biggest winners and losers under Rangnick?

Swedish_Plumber

Scottie loves the side/back pass. I fear that Scott will be ousted as he struggles when it comes to quick forward passing.
Fred, has a lot of energy with a very high workrate and Ralf may like that.
Why do you fear it? You should welcome the thought. Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

Drizzle

Fred fits the intense pressing and speedy transition philosophy very well.

Sancho should fit this like a glove and has experience in German systems.

Rashford and Greenwood - could go either way but they could work beautifully with this if they have the mentality and intelligence to adapt.

AWB the biggest loser I predict - RR will not tolerate a fullback that can't play football or provide an attacking threat.

Controversial opinion - I think Bruno may be a loser here too. Undisciplined and maverick, the opposite of a system player. On the other hand if he can be harnessed within the system he could be magnificent.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Amad will start the CL game and won’t look back
I doubt it.
Amad is very young and in an ideal world he'll spend at least a year if not more, on loan.
To play for MUFC, ideally he'll need to be in his early 20s to play for us.
I accept that some of you will point out that CR7 did not need to go out on loan - CR7 is a once in a generation footballer and cannot be compared.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Fred fits the intense pressing and speedy transition philosophy very well.

Sancho should fit this like a glove and has experience in German systems.

Rashford and Greenwood - could go either way but they could work beautifully with this if they have the mentality and intelligence to adapt.

AWB the biggest loser I predict - RR will not tolerate a fullback that can't play football or provide an attacking threat.

Controversial opinion - I think Bruno may be a loser here too. Undisciplined and maverick, the opposite of a system player. On the other hand if he can be harnessed within the system he could be magnificent.
Rashford is the opposite of a system player as much as Bruno. IMO Rashford will be the biggest loser unless he plays as a striker. I doubt he'll adapt to quick passing game, he's too direct and risk-taker. Bruno is more versatile although he might never be as important for us like he was a year ago.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Really hoping to see more of the youth prospects under him.

Waynne

Winners: Sancho, VD.Beek, Fred, Cavani, Lingard, Telles, Dalot, Varane, Lindelof

Losers: Pogba, Martial, Maguire, Shaw

YouknowNani

As long as he drops Maguire permanently I'll be happy. Behind Maguire, Mctomminay is our next worst regular starter but I feel there's a player in there somewhere and he could be half decent given the right coaching.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
As long as he drops Maguire permanently I'll be happy. Behind Maguire, Mctomminay is our next worst regular starter but I feel there's a player in there somewhere and he could be half decent given the right coaching.
Don't think he has the political capital to drop Maguire, though I too think Maguire is not good enough a player.

Lecland07

I don't know what formation he will play, but going by players that have already played in pressing systems before:

Fred, De Beek, and Sancho will be the standouts to benefit.

McTominay, Maguire, Shaw (judging by the video), and Martial are the ones who will suffer most.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Winners: Sancho, VdB, Fred and controversially McTominay.
Losers: Martial, Maguire, possibly Shaw (he seems to not rate him).
Why do you think McTominay will be a winner? I think he's the opposite of quick minded player and he'll struggle in any system which requires anything more than very basic football we've played under Ole.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
I don't know what formation he will play, but going by players that have already played in pressing systems before:

Fred, De Beek, and Sancho will be the standouts to benefit.

McTominay, Maguire, Shaw (judging by the video), and Martial are the ones who will suffer most.
On the contrary I think the existence of that video means that Shaw is now basically undroppable for Rangnick. He'll want to be extra generous to Shaw now that he actually finds himself working with him.

lemmiwink

I think Fred will be the engine of the team considering he likes high intensity pressing.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
People seem to be seriously underestimating what good coaches can do to and for players. As long as our lot are adaptable and coachable, this write off business is some way off the mark.

I don't see Lingard being any more useful just because he can hustle off the ball. If anything, having a proper attacking structure should give us even less reason to drop the players that can score and make goals to make room for him.

Would be hilarious if Maguire actually does lose his starting spot long-term, but I just don't see it. He's an okay player in diabolical form right now, Lindelof is just terrible.

Extremely hopeful about Fernandes, Sancho, Greenwood and Rashford. I can see Fred looking quite good too, and (could be talking complete bollocks with this one) Wan-Bissaka too - we've seen enough to know what he's good at, and it's not pushing all the way up to the byline acting as our only outlet on the right. Hoping Rangnick will have an actual plan for using the entire width of the pitch.

Ole's screen

Supports
KC Chiefs
Why do you think McTominay will be a winner? I think he's the opposite of quick minded player and he'll struggle in any system which requires anything more than very basic football we've played under Ole.
We'll see. I think his problem is more about positional awareness when not pressing right up to his man and when he's asked to build play up from deep, neither of which are Rangnick's point of focus. I think he'll be used in rotation with Fred and be asked to really press the midfield and play it forward quicker and even though his passing quality is hit and miss it'll be more effective than what he's been doing this season.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Have a feeling Greenwood could be a loser out of this, very much depends on how be reacts.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
We all thought LvG and Mourinho would come in, kick arse, sort out lazy, incompetent players. Didn't work out like that.

So who knows.

From what I've read of his style and given the CM options he'll have, it's possible we'll still see a lot of McFred for example.
Fred shouldn't be lumped in with McTominay. He's a good player who even someone like Klopp would probably love. He's capable of playing really good link up play, presses brilliantly, just has his limitations in passing range and when he's left all alone in midfield. Mctominay doesn't press or defend anywhere near as effectively as Fred and isn't close to him on the ball either.

bosnian_red

Have a feeling Greenwood could be a loser out of this, very much depends on how be reacts.
Nah. Greenwood will be class regardless. If anything I think Rangnick would use him in a front 2 a lot more often which suits him more. Whats not to like about Greenwood? Quality player who works hard, just needs instruction and coaching. Same with Rashford.

el3mel

Winners : Sancho, Rashford, AWB, Fred, VDB and Greenwood.

Losers : Martial, Pogba, Scott.

Marwood

Fred shouldn't be lumped in with McTominay. He's a good player who even someone like Klopp would probably love. He's capable of playing really good link up play, presses brilliantly, just has his limitations in passing range and when he's left all alone in midfield. Mctominay doesn't press or defend anywhere near as effectively as Fred and isn't close to him on the ball either.
I'm not really lumping them together. Just saying it's very possible both will continue to be the starting midfielders.

lsd

The Oracle
He is here for six months if he wants to stay longer he will do as he is told.

bosnian_red

I'm not really lumping them together. Just saying it's very possible both will continue to be the starting midfielders.
Yeah I'm saying Fred will continue to be for a good reason (just as he is for Brazil). McTominay will be used I'm sure, not sure if he'll be a regular starter but we aren't exactly deep in midfield!

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
People seem to be seriously underestimating what good coaches can do to and for players. As long as our lot are adaptable and coachable, this write off business is some way off the mark.
Yep.

It's pretty damn transparent in many cases too. As in - people are hoping that RR won't rate the players they don't rate themselves.

LVG was mentioned above. I remember some of the predictions when he was announced: X, Y and Z are fecked now!

And then LVG arrived and did pretty much the opposite of what some people predicted (or rather hoped).

(Point not being that LVG is an infallible genius - but rather that what a professional coach sees in Players X, Y and Z is often very different from what your average armchair expert sees).

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I mean thats a hell of an outside chance :lol:

Can he even speak English yet?
Not sure, just thought that he might actually be the main midfielder for Rangnick, as he should offer the best pressing ability and workrate . Making him captain would probably a bit much :lol:

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Rangnick said Ronaldo was too old 6yrs ago so...he's probably in the losers category