Which players would you sell to raise funds ?

AgentSmith

The scary thing is - it's perfectly possible. There has never been a window where so many good players will be available and so few clubs have the money to sign them. If United had found a way to invest 200 million - this is the time to do it. If I was OGS I would tell Woodward - invest Everything now - reduce the budget for the next 2 windows - this is the time to strike.

Clubs need to sell - badly
Even more so considering we could feasibly raise close to a £100 million if we are able to get a good price for Pogba (~£50 million) and completed the systematic cull of the squad (Dalot, Lingard, James and Pereira being players who will actually command a decent fee). The wage space freed up by moving on Rojo, Jones, Romero and Mata is significant as well.

The general consensus for players to bring in seems to be a back up RB, a CB, a CDM and a RW. I think a top CF is a step too far for the budget and isn’t as necessary as the other 4 positions given Cavani’s form and a new RW freeing up Greenwood to be 1st choice behind him. That said if we have a shot at Haaland at a price that allows us to invest elsewhere it’s a no-brainer - I just can’t see that being the case.

RB - Trippier seems the most obvious choice
CB - Seems to be between one of Milenković, Konate or Kounde
RW - Sancho again the obvious choice

Leaving a CDM as the only role without an obvious candidate. Can’t for the life of me see an option that makes sense for us.