Which position should Ole prioritise in the summer?

Red_Orchestra

A RW for me should be top priority, followed by a DM.

Right Wing Candidates: Sancho, Chiesa, Sabitzer, Berardi, Adama Traore, Chukwueze
Defensive Midfield Candidates: Partey, Zakaria, Marc Roca, Ndidi, Neves

There are plenty of decent options out there that will significantly add better quality to the team, I would be pleased with anyone of these players.

Last edited:

Thepinhead

For me I think we need to strengthen midfield first. So a DM>RW>CM>ST. I actually don't think we need more than that. I actually think Ighalo is a very good backup to Martial. He brings something different and if he does well I can't see why we shiuldn't sign him as backup. If Martial gets injured we have Greenwood who is similar to Martial in the way he plays. We are covered on the other positions I feel. We have some good youth players as 3rd options incase someone gets injured.

So for me if we can bring in a DM like Neves, a RW like Sancho and a good number 8 with lots of energy who can recover balls and maybe score a goal or two it would be great. Not sure if Grealish and Maddison are the right people. I feel they prefer to play the more attacking role Bruno plays.

Hawks2008

RW simply has to be the priority, the most glaring hole in our team that has not been rectified for half a decade. Sancho would be awesome but I hope we have alternatives lined up in case we cannot pull it off.

A ball playing DM and proper #9 Should also be on the agenda.

crossy1686

career ending
I'm hoping he's already got his targets identified and we're working on them now. Regardless of how we end the season, Solksjaer can strengthen his position if we get our business done early, looks like we've finally got our shit together then.

Grealish/Maddison, Sancho, Koulibaily, Max Aarons and one of Ruben Nevez/Pedro Neto/Jimenez

NoPace

The only position where you can't see anyone stepping up and having a very strong season as a 40+ game starter is RW. It's the one hopeless spot, so I think it's first priority. If Pogba goes, another creative midfielder is desperately needed, we'd be screwed whenever Bruno wasn't available or playing poorly. If we got someone like Sancho he could cover both those spots basically.

It's very plausible that Shaw-Maguire-Lindelof(Tuanzebe)-WanBissaka all have good seasons and that Fred, and Matic/McTominay form a good partnership with Bruno as the 10 and in attack, Rashford and one of James/Martial/Greenwood (James at LW the other 2 as 9s) nail down 2 spots and the sub spots, but there's really nothing at RW.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Minimum/realistic requirement next summer:
  • Right Winger (been needing one for years now)
  • Back-up #9
  • Pogba replacement
Then anything else is to build squad depth unless Matic leaves then we need his replacement too.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
Has to be a an absolute beast of a right winger/attacker.

A different kind of striker would be nice.

A midfielder.

Happy to give Tuanzebe and Bailly time to establish a partnership with Maguire...though can see injuries to Bailly causing us problems again.

I'm no great fan of Lindelof unfortunately...but as a third/fourth choice defender he will do.

I'd happily get Grealish if he was available too, just because...well sometimes a player becomes available, and you can't turn the chance down.

4 summer signings would be good. 5 great, but 3 the more realistic and absolute minimum.

M Bison

Supports
York City
For me RW is a no-brainer, we're absolutely crying out for someone to nail down the position. Greenwood is quality but is a CF so is only a short-term option and James should be an option off the bench.

Up until recently i would have said we need a top quality CF but i think Greenwood isnt far off being ready to push Martial all the way and next season he could go on to become our no 9.

Therefore, i'd say another creative midfielder is probably my preference. Big fan of Grealish and i think he's versatility would be a huge asset for us. Play out wide or in midfield, he'd be a fantastic addition.

I think the summer will be 2 first-team additions like those, plus another James equivalent - Bellingham perhaps.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
Right wing is the obvious priority we need someone ready to come straight into the first team. Sancho is the clear winner here. Head and shoulders above the other candidates.
I'd let Pogba leave and replace him with Grealish. He may not be a better superstar footballer but he is a better player for us- fitter, hungrier and more suited to our style of play. I think he would be a great player for us and a fan favourite.
After that it's not so clear as I'm not 100% certain that we need a big money defensive midfielder signing. It depends on how the manager wants to set up. Given his upturn in form we could offer Matic a contract whilst waiting for Garner.
For striker I like Martial and would happily keep him as first choice until Greenwood inevitably unsurps him. But for now we need a back up striker, i can't see Ighalo earning a permanent transfer but he is the right profile. Mertens or Cavani would be perfect as they can play several positions.
I see no need for a new fullback. Although I don't think Dalot will make it here I like Laird and believe we will see him in the first team before too long.
Centre back is a difficult issue as it's such an important position. I'd argue that we already have the players for this position but the right combination hasn't played together or found form. I'd bring back Smalling and sell Jones. Go into next season with 5 centre backs and give them a chance to cement a place. I'm assuming that Maguire would remain first choice and one of Tuanzebe, Lindelof, Bailey or Smalling could find enough form and/or fitness to develop a decent partnership.

sp_107

Sancho. Imagine a front 4 of Martial, Rashford , Sancho and Bruno.

Martial had few good games for sure and everyone is seeing him as our future but you all know how frustrating it has been with him for last few years. I still believe we need a consistent performer in his role, you guys may not agree with me now but when he goes back to his usual hiding for 6-8 games then you will start saying how bad it was not signing his alternative. I wish we dont realise this after few months into new season-2021

Noc-Z

ffs
It's got to be a RW surely? We've neglected to address that position for years. After that I'm tempted to say striker. I'm still not convinced by Martials work-rate or determination and I'm not sure if it's Rashfords natural position.

I understand the people who are saying creative or defensive midfielder. But if Fred, McTominay and Bruno gel would they not be a good 3 going forward. Agree we need numbers though. A creative midfielder who can play on the right maybe? But then we've shoehorned players on the right too often (e.g. Mata).

Mike Smalling

A quality right-winger would be great! We also need to add to our CM/DM options, given that Pogba is likely to leave and Matic isn't getting any younger.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
I suspect we'll be keeping Pogba and continuing to ease Greenwood into the team, so it's got to be RW. It's our weakest area by far.

Dozer

1. Right Wing
We haven't had one since Nani. There's always been a lot of criticism towards the likes of Martial for not scoring enough poacher's goals at the far post.I'd expect those will come if we actually possess genuine attacking threat on the opposite flank.

Dream signing: Jadon Sancho
Budget option: Don't bother - we need quality here. If we're going to skimp on that we may as well keep playing current players out of position.

2. Holding midfielder
Someone with a bit of grit but also quality on the ball. McTominay is more of a box to box midfielder, and Fred provides tons of energy but I'm still sceptical about his passing range and creativity. Matic has had a bit of a resurgence because he wants a new contract and I'd expect him to go back to being awful as soon as its handed to him - hoping he leaves.

Dream signing: Ruben Neves
Budget option: Kalvin Phillips

3. Centre back
Maguire needs someone with pace next to him, but also with aerial ability - which Lindelof and Bailly lack.

Dream signing: Kalidou Koulibaly
Budget option: As with right wing, don't bother unless it's someone who can make a real difference to the first XI

I'd also be delighted to get an out and out striker, although not sure who's realistic. And if Pogba leaves I'd chuck £60m at Villa for Grealish.

Reactions: harms

Zlatattack

A lot depends on if Pogba stays or not.

If he stays;

1. RW - ideally Sancho, if not someone else who can get goals from the right.
2. ST - I think long term Rashford is going to be our top striker, but we need a backup, our own version of Giroud.
3. CDM - someone to take Matic's place. This could be that we get Grealish and ask Fred/McT to be the fulltime Matic replacements.
4. LB - A replacement for Shaw
5. CB - Someone to partner Maguire, (what do people think of re-calling Smalling?)

Personally 4/5 could be swapped round as far as I'm concerned. These 5 signings would give us a title challenging team.

If Pogba doesn't stay, we need to make replacing Pogba number 1 priority. I think replacing Shaw and/or a new CB would have to wait.

Something else to think about is squad depth. We've suffered because of that this season. I think we need to think of moving on Rojo, Jones - but only after we add a new CB (Maguire, Taunzebe, Lindeolf Bailly, new CB would give us plenty of cover). Also we need to think about replacing Lingard and Periera, both utterly useless. Watford are going down - we should be all over Dacoure, and Fraser would make a good squad option to cover the wings.

yamo123x

All depends on whether Pogba leaves or not really,

Dream summer--

I would ship out- Pogba, Lingard, Pereria, Mata, Rojo, sanchez, Jones, Chong

BRING in--- Sancho, Grealish/Maddison, Calvert Lewin, Partey and a centre half.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
This has become yet another football manager fantasy thread.

Renegade

RW -
DM - Matić upgrade

2nd priority

CM/AM - Pogba replacement /
ST - Martial competition
CB - Lindelöf upgrade / Jones replacement

Alabaster Codify7

Our transfer situation truly is whack-a-mole. Realistically Ole (or new manager) will be allowed to sign 3 players in the summer, going by previous summer window numbers. Yet, we actually need a few more than that.

DM, CM (Bruno being Pogba's actual replacement), RW, CB, STR.

5 x first team contenders needed for me. If we get three, it'll be alright but by next summer, I fully expect whack-a-mole to produce another 2 first team requirements.

If I was the manager though, I'd be prioriting:

DM, RW and STR.

This would allow us to rotate Fred and Scott as our box-to-box starting midfielder, with Bruno as the #10/CAM.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Right winger by a distance

All other positions depend on things. Will Pogba stay, will Greenwood step up, will Ighalo go beyond his loan period.

I'm comfortable with the defensive options. Sell Sanchez, Smalling, Rojo, Lingard.

RUCK4444

RW - Sancho is a must. He literally ticks all the boxes for us in a position we have neglected for what feels like decades.

CM - This one depends on what happens with Pogba. As much as I hate the Mino Circus I still loathe the idea of Pogba moving on and inevitably being a Ballon D'or candidate. If we do lose him in the summer we need to move fast for Grealish.

My choice would be to renew Pogba's contract. We need a team with multiple world class players if we are to challenge again, if we can get him to commit to United and continue to strengthen the team around him (as we have been) that is surely the better outcome.

At CB I would try to start integrating Tuenzebe as Maguire's partner. He has a higher ceiling than Lindelof if he can stay injury free. I would recall Smalling also, sell Rojo and Jones.

Robbo*

I think we need a player like Ndidi and a player like Neves in midfield, and a goalscoring right winger (ideally, Sancho). Any chance of obtaining all of these three would be contingent upon getting a good price for Pogba and a few of the others (Smalling, Sanchez, Lingard).

I don't really think Maddison now a goer once we've got Bruno.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Thread title suggests you KNOW that Solskjaer will be in charge next season. If you do then fair fecks. Otherwise maybe replace Ole with Man Utd/ we.
Hahaha i just knew this thread would take this turn. Took 3 posts. He's the current manager so the title is appropriate.

But yeah as to OP: Jadon Sancho for all the money. He's the by far biggest priority. Then go for Jack Grealish.

After that, you know i'm quite happy with the team. A CDM is needed but i havent landed on a good name yet. We have Maguire as our bonafide #1 CB. Eric Bailly, Tuanzebe and Lindelöf compete for the last slot. Tuanzebe has shown great promise. The only CB we'd be interest in is probably Koulibaly, but he'll cost too much if we're also going for the other big name playters.

jackal&hyde

At this point RW is the obvious one and back up striker. After that, a lot of it depends who leaves and who stays. I don't expect more then 3 new signing irrelevant of who leaves, so i'd say RW, Pogba replacement, back up striker. If Pogba stays, then let Matic go and bring in a DM.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I just want to clarify how NET spend is actually calculated in a operating budget. There's a lot of "we can afford this and this and then its stop" going on.

Net spend is not actually calculated as player bought v player sold in the clubs financial records. Its listed as that in pages like Transfermarkt and the likes, but that's not actually how football clubs accounting works.

Player purchases have a value. That value includes: Transfer fees, agent fees, player wages+imaging rights+sign on fees+contract length. ALL of that combined, is listed in the books as the transfer value. Because that is the clubs listed expense for this asset. The asset is then amortized in the books, normally over the players contract length. for example a player with a contract length of 5 years and an imagined sum total of all costs, is put in the books as y1 £20m y2 £20m and so on. For example Harry Maguire's purchase is not listed as £80m in the clubs financial records, but rather amortized over the length of his contract with equal value pr year. it's a cost writedown.

Bruno Fernandes might have cost £50m (or thereabouts). But his actual transfer total cost is a LOT more than that. Purchases are usually a smaller part of a clubs expense budget. The real cost comes in player salaries and image rights, those are the ones that eat the cash, not the £80million price tag.

Purchases are usually paid out over several quarterly installments over 1-2 years.

So while we might, for example buy players for £200m this year, the clubs EBIDTA (Earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortization) and cash reserve will usually determine how much we can actually take on in payment obligations. .

There's a lot of posters and even youtube channels that refer to our "net spend" as proof that the club is in trouble.. but that's just not how any of that works whatsoever. It works well as a Transfermarkt listing to give a overview of the clubs business, but as for the accounting aspects of it....not even remotely related.

The key financial aspect is how much cost can Manchester United take on in the operating budget. So while we worry that we will "only have a net spend of £60 million and that's bad". Its because we did not find the player to buy, not because we simply cannot.

Take this overview of the clubs current most expensive contracts. Look what De Gea costs in the length of his contract. He costs 1 Paul Pogba. Alex Sanches costs 1 Maguire. And so on.

The thing we should ALL care about his what the players contract says. Yet this is what absolutely no one cares about. its all about the transfer fee, despite the fee often being way less than the players contract.

The reason i mention all of this is that I want to somehow reassure people that our financial capabilities to actually go on a buyers spree this summer, is very much there. When they say that the money is there, its there. Its part of the clubs current and future operating income. as well as cash reserve that gets depleted and filled with regular intervals.

PLAYER (30)POS.AGECONTRACT TERMSAVG. SALARYTRANSFER FEEEXPIRES
David De GeaGK296 yr£117,000,000£19,500,000£21,250,0002025
Alexis SanchezF315 yr£81,900,000£16,380,000-2022
Anthony MartialF246 yr£78,000,000£13,000,000£51,000,0002025
Paul PogbaM265 yr£75,400,000£15,080,000£89,250,0002021
Harry MaguireD267 yr£59,250,000£8,464,286£99,180,0002026
Marcus RashfordF224 yr£41,600,000£10,400,000-2024
Luke ShawD245 yr£31,200,000£6,240,000£31,880,0002024
Victor LindelofD255 yr£31,200,000£6,240,000£29,750,0002025
Frederico de Paula SantosM265 yr£31,200,000£6,240,000£52,000,0002023
Aaron Wan-BissakaD225 yr£23,400,000£4,680,000£62,700,0002025
Nemanja MaticM313 yr£18,720,000£6,240,000£38,000,0002020
Juan MataM312 yr£16,640,000£8,320,000£38,020,0002022
Phil JonesD284 yr£15,600,000£3,900,000£16,410,0002024
Jesse LingardM274 yr£15,600,000£3,900,000-2022
Sergio Romero

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I just want to clarify how NET spend is actually calculated in a operating budget. There's a lot of "we can afford this and this and then its stop" going on.

Net spend is not actually calculated as player bought v player sold in the clubs financial records. Its listed as that in pages like Transfermarkt and the likes, but that's not actually how football clubs accounting works.

Player purchases have a value. That value includes: Transfer fees, agent fees, player wages+imaging rights+sign on fees+contract length. ALL of that combined, is listed in the books as the transfer value. Because that is the clubs listed expense for this asset. The asset is then amortized in the books, normally over the players contract length. for example a player with a contract length of 5 years and an imagined sum total of all costs, is put in the books as y1 £20m y2 £20m and so on. For example Harry Maguire's purchase is not listed as £80m in the clubs financial records, but rather amortized over the length of his contract with equal value pr year. it's a cost writedown.

Bruno Fernandes might have cost £50m (or thereabouts). But his actual transfer total cost is a LOT more than that. Purchases are usually a smaller part of a clubs expense budget. The real cost comes in player salaries and image rights, those are the ones that eat the cash, not the £80million price tag.

Purchases are usually paid out over several quarterly installments over 1-2 years.

So while we might, for example buy players for £200m this year, the clubs EBIDTA (Earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortization) and cash reserve will usually determine how much we can actually take on in payment obligations. .

There's a lot of posters and even youtube channels that refer to our "net spend" as proof that the club is in trouble.. but that's just not how any of that works whatsoever. It works well as a Transfermarkt listing to give a overview of the clubs business, but as for the accounting aspects of it....not even remotely related.

The key financial aspect is how much cost can Manchester United take on in the operating budget. So while we worry that we will "only have a net spend of £60 million and that's bad". Its because we did not find the player to buy, not because we simply cannot.

Take this overview of the clubs current most expensive contracts. Look what De Gea costs in the length of his contract. He costs 1 Paul Pogba. Alex Sanches costs 1 Maguire. And so on.

The thing we should ALL care about his what the players contract says. Yet this is what absolutely no one cares about. its all about the transfer fee, despite the fee often being way less than the players contract.

The reason i mention all of this is that I want to somehow reassure people that our financial capabilities to actually go on a buyers spree this summer, is very much there. When they say that the money is there, its there. Its part of the clubs current and future operating income. as well as cash reserve that gets depleted and filled with regular intervals.

PLAYER (30)POS.AGECONTRACT TERMSAVG. SALARYTRANSFER FEEEXPIRES
David De GeaGK296 yr£117,000,000£19,500,000£21,250,0002025
Alexis SanchezF315 yr£81,900,000£16,380,000-2022
Anthony MartialF246 yr£78,000,000£13,000,000£51,000,0002025
Paul PogbaM265 yr£75,400,000£15,080,000£89,250,0002021
Harry MaguireD267 yr£59,250,000£8,464,286£99,180,0002026
Marcus RashfordF224 yr£41,600,000£10,400,000-2024
Luke ShawD245 yr£31,200,000£6,240,000£31,880,0002024
Victor LindelofD255 yr£31,200,000£6,240,000£29,750,0002025
Frederico de Paula SantosM265 yr£31,200,000£6,240,000£52,000,0002023
Aaron Wan-BissakaD225 yr£23,400,000£4,680,000£62,700,0002025
Nemanja MaticM313 yr£18,720,000£6,240,000£38,000,0002020
Juan MataM312 yr£16,640,000£8,320,000£38,020,0002022
Phil JonesD284 yr£15,600,000£3,900,000£16,410,0002024
Jesse LingardM274 yr£15,600,000£3,900,000-2022
Sergio Romero

Great post, really well explained.

Steerpike

Reading through the threads lots of posters have very different priorities and ideas for which position you have to buy come the summer. Obviously RW is one that gets a lot of mentions, but also striker, centre back, left back, defensive midfielder are all positions posters have mentioned as the priority to replace.

For me a right winger should be your highest priority and I think left back and centre back are your lowest priority. If Pogba goes, which I think he will, then I'd put in Grealish as a high priority too.
There's little point in signing an out and out winger if there's no-one in the box trying to connect with crosses, so for me a central striker to replace Ighalo has to be near the top of the list. We are also exposed in the holding midfield role: Matic, despite being decent in his last few outings, is nearing the end of his career and I'm not sure Garner or Levitt are yet ready to step in if either Fred or McTominay are injured.

I'm assuming that we will be saying goodbye to Pogba, and quite probably Lingard and Pereira as well, which then begs the question of who would cover for Fernandes (presumably Mata, too old, or Gomes, if he's still here). Given that it may be difficult to bring someone in who only gets a game if Fernandes doesn't play, we may instead need to look at setting up differently for the games he misses, in which case a left-footed winger would be ideal (set up with 2 wide players, either with them playing on their natural sides as wingers, or swapped over to pose more of a threat cutting inside).

Infra-red

I don't think he'll still be the manager in the summer, but if he is, a creative right winger should be top priority, closely followed by a #6 with a decent passing range and a #9 who can hold the ball up a bit.

An attacking left fullback and a CB partner for Maguire, should be 4th/5th on the list, but I doubt we'll get that far.

L1nk

RW and CM, id say bring in another 2 CM's, especially if Pogba is going. need a Box to Box and a DM in my opinion

Hanky panky

Right wing, midfielder and centre back. In that order. But i would be ok if we just get quality winger and midfielder.

Relfy

Right Wing is the main issue in the squad for me. If we can solve that we will have so much more going forward. After that DM to replace Matic and then CM to replace Pogba (based on expectation he leaves this summer). I doubt we do any more than 3 deals this summer despite the 'rebuild' talk, but would like another CF if we can as an option. I think if Ighalo gets a few goals it will be him, but if not maybe back to the drawing board.

OleBoiii

1. Top class RW to walk straight into the starting XI
2. Top class DM/CM to walk straight into the starting XI. I like Fred and McTominay, but they need competition.

Once we have the two above, we can move onto less pressing matters:

3. A more consistent/hardworking goalscorer than Martial.
4. A CB that's better than Lindelöf.
5. Young, exciting and cheap players ala Daniel James. Position doesn't really matter. The main point is to get rid of deadwood and still have a decent bench. If we get rid of both Lingard and Pereira, then I reckon we should go for an attacking midfielder.

Get rid of: Pogba, Lingard, Pereira and Smalling(I like him, but if he wants to go to Roma then we should let him).

LuckyScout78

Spend big on Sancho or Bayern Munchen really good winger and attackin player in Serge David Gnabry. Both young players who both were in premier league as big talents. From City and Arsenal. And with Gnabry i have been really been impress. From a unknown talent under Wenger with Arsenal to become one of the best winger in the world. Gnabry has develop and improve a lot. And with a more mature and conistent mentality too. Both really good for Bayern Munchen and Germany.

If United got ch.league football. United shall try to spend big or a RW/LW. A signature buy. If United can buy one of Sancho or Gnabry. It will be easier to attract best players after that. The others will follow and come after. Like Haaland after Sancho.

But if. United dont get ch.league. I am not sure mine suggestion could be reality. I am not sure both of Sancho and Gnabry will come to United. With another season withouth ch.league football. 2 years in a row.

And withouth ch.league football. United cant attract both Sancho or Gnabry. Another RW/LW option can be Fiorentina Federico Chiesa. Same as the others too. Who can play on both wings and Chiesa can play as a free CAM too.

Price:

Sancho and Gnabry. Inlcude add on: 100 -120 mill Euro

Federic Chiesa with add on include. Around Bruno Fernandes price. 55-70 mill Euro

Sum up RW/LW are first prior. Big and signature buy, depend on ch.league football or not. Realistic target. Even withouth ch.league football. United should make a bid and convice them. We got Bruno now, and with have other great talents and football players in Martial, Rashford and Greenwood. A bright future. Would to come to join us?Our goals are to win the biggeset trophies in the future. And we will love have you as part of that team.
Without ch.league football. But the central spine of United dont look so worst now.
Maguire as CB if he play up to his price tag, Bruno as the central creative cm, McTom as dcm and complete box to box cm in the future and Rashford and Martial as CF. A central spine that should be good enough for ch.league football in the future. Plus if you are adding the same quality of Bruno or better to the team like Sancho, Gnabry, Chiesa.

Sancho, Gnabry and Chiesa match the leve of Bruno Fernandes quick precise football.

Same as Kristoffer Olsson from Krasnodar. Kristoffer Olsson is matching Bruno Fernandes football level. No doubt about that. And Olsson for 30 mill Euro from Krasnodar. With Olsson creative deeper in the central. Link up with Bruno as nr.10 and Sancho/Gnabry and Rashford and Martial as CF. Yeah, like i have said many times in mine earlier posts. Before the summer transfer window close. My Ocean Eleven and too fast and too furious for premier league football. I line up mine Ocean Eleven. We will definitive get our targets = biggest trophies in football.

First Ocean Eleven convince and puzzle is done = Bruno Fernandes. Then i go after the Ocean Eleven movies way to get to the target. Bring the best specialist in their area to my Ocean Eleven. Ring and convince them.
Next target and convince/puzzle in the Ocean Eleven. Sancho , Gnabry or Chiesa.

Ideal Ocean Eleven in football world.In a 4-4-2.

De Gea - Bissaka - Bailly/LindeLof - Maguire - Hakimi + Sancho/Gnabry - Olsson - McTom - Chiesa/Marital + Bruno - Rashford/Martial.

For me. Still 4 missing links. Positions where United clearly can improve and strength.

Frist prior RW: Sancho/Gnabry
A different powerful CF who are both good in the air and ground: Mitrovic from Fulham. A CF that is ready to break his nose to score the goals and get his target. Beside other CF options in Rashford, Martial, Greenwood. Yeah Mitrovic height and toughness, hold the ball ability, score from crosser, is good to have. All of Rashford, Martial and Greenwood are fast and good on the ground. United need a powerful, brave and tough airforce. And i think Mitrovic doesnt mind sitting on the bench for such a big club for United or with a different game plan. A quick and ball player CF can start with him

Other and second priors :
A CM that can play both as nr.8 and 6. That suit Kristoffer Olsson really well. A creative, hard working Olsson behind Bruno and the others attacking player will be good to link up from the defend to attack.
A Left and right back in Hakimi on loan from Real Madrid playing for Dortmund.
Another top quality LW to move Rashford back as CF and go for a different depth and squad CF in Mitrovic.

There you have. The movie Ocean Eleven in football world. Same plan and way to do thing and same targets. Best suit player and person for the specific job and roles. And together as a Unit, driving and having the same direction, drive and goals. We will reach our goals and targets.

Sancho/Gnabry and Chiesa as wingers. With Olsson from the deep central. Linking up with Bruno and the fast and skill ful attacking players. Will be to fast and furious for the premier league. Fast your seat belt.
All of the newcomers. Hakimi, Bruno, Olsson, Sancho/Gnabry and Chiesa are quick players in head and feet, good in small areas and precise with pass and movement football. The highest level of 5 a side football in a 11 men pitch. They will lock up every defend you match them. Together. Bruno is the done. But still there are 3-4 others specialist and persons to get and bring to Old Trafford. There you get my plan. Football Ocean Eleven pan. To bring the biggest trophies to Old Trafford. Good luck from the mind behind football Ocean Eleven;)

Fotball is my street, home and passion.

Johnbouche

Would sell Pogba and De Gea. Would offer us circa £200m in transfer fees and bring about a massive saving in wages. This would allow us to invest in 4-5 new players without impacting finances to much.

I would make Henderson our no.1 next season. (Free)

Then buy

Sancho (circa £100m)
Grealish (circa £60m)
Koulibaly (circa £60m)
Jota or another Striker (circa £50m)
Neves (circa £60m)

Net Spend £130-150m which seems realistic.

Lee565

100% rw, i think if you can have a team that has good to great defence, a clinical attack and just an ok midfield that works hard it will get you far, liverpool is proof of that having a great attack and defence but just an ok midfield.

United under fergie in his latter years was also proof of this when we had to make do with a 2 man midfield that had cleverly and Anderson in it a lot of the time but still won trophies because of our great defence and top quality attackers like rvp, Rooney in.

In terms of priority I say get a top class right winger and central defender to partner maguire as lindelof and bailly are not good enough to compete for top honours, before prioritising signing a midfielder.

AshRK

If I were him my focus would be on attack and midfield. Sancho, Grealish and a midfielder would be a top summer. Now if POgba leaves then maybe we can add one more if needed or maybe get a number 9. SO in short my window will look like this:
Sancho 120 m
Grealish 60m
A midfielder, hopefully Ndidi - 60m
If needed a striker- 50m
In total 290-300m

Sell
Smalling- 15m
Pogba- 100m
Lingard/Periera-10m (Couldn't care how much we get, just sell both)

A net spend of 175 odd. But it will improve our squad immensely, especially in attack.

Bwuk

A right winger and another creative midfielder.

We can't rely solely on Bruno.