Which Premier League team had the best transfer window?

rpg

City have the best window. If only we signed Dybala and Eriksen then we would be better window.

Red Keane

Looking at the Top 6 and those looking break in (Wolves, Everton & Leicester) - Part 1

1: Manchester City: Addressed their issues at LB, RB & DM, however the loss of Kompany is a big blow and one which they have yet to address this time round, coupled with the loss of Sane for quite some time and overall I would say that while they have made needed improvements and still have the best squad (on paper) in the League, there is plenty of work to be done if they want to win a CL.

2: Liverpool: This is going to be a unpopular view, but in my eyes they have missed a massive opportunity to build on what they had achieved last season (and thus repeating the same mistake they always make after having an impressive season) thanks to the lack of signings this time round. I mean sure Mingolet is finally gone from the club, but you cannot really say that Adrian is the massive upgrade that was needed to provide the proper competition Allison needs.

Likewise they have failed to address their lack of depth/competition in Full-Back (Millner showed last season that while he is still a good player, he is no longer capable of playing at FullBack, not good when they literally have no one else), Centre Back (Lovern should not even be at the club at the first place for a start), Attacking Midfield (It has been 1 & a Half years since Coutinho has left the club, and they have still not replaced him) and with the Front 3 (Not good when Origi is only good for the odd big games and the main guys have been slogging it up all summer on international duty).

So while Klopp is still going to try and get the best out of what he currently has as before, the fact they have failed to make any real improvements this time round (when even United have done so) means that they would be doing very well to match their previous performace for this season.

3: Tottenham Hotspur: Clearly they have had the best transfer window this time round (despite not getting Dybala) with the signings that they have made, which would help solve the issues they previous had in midfield (which now has some proper depth and squad competition now) and add some addtional depth in attack in the form of Sessegnon (Since I can't see him playing at LB as long as Rose & Davis are still around). Which in turn should hopefully mean that Son spends more time playing as a ST (and thus easing the burden on Kane, especially since Llorente and Janssen have been let go).

In addition to this they have somehow managed to keep the key players that where looking towards the exit door as well, unless Erriksen ends up leaving before September that is...

Now of course they still need another RB (With Trippier gone, question marks still around Aurier & Walker-Peters still lacking in experience), Another CB (Because Foyth is simply not ready to play at the top level if last season is anything to go by, nor does he provide enough competition to the other 3 CBs*), Another Attacking Player (to allow Son to play at ST on a full time basis**) and maybe another Goalkeeper (If Lloris's form continues to decline). But with the squad they currently have, they would have to be doing pretty badly to not finish this season at either 3rd or 2nd and likewise with the additional depth they have maybe Poch should take the cups more seriously than he has done in the past...

My thoughts on the other teams (Chelsea, Manchester United, Arsenal, Wolves, Everton & Leicester) shall follow tomorrow.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

*They can still try & address it by perhaps moving Dier to CB on a full time basis now that they have Sissoko, Winks, Wanyama, Ndombele & Lo Celso occupying the 2 midifeld slots. Not sure if it would work out though...

**Zaha would be both the best option for them and the best club for the player himself...

Perseus

Spurs looks good.

City is now one left back away from having a perfect squad (although Sane is now seriously injured). The lack of a substitution option for Fernandinho was hurting them — now they've signed Rodri and kept Gundogan.

Arsenal did okay.
Agree with Man City. LB is their only conceivable weakness, Bournemouth had a good summer, keeping hold of Fraser and strengthening weak point at RB. Leicester hot (Tielemans) but a hole in their defence.

Red Keane

-World class left back to replace perennially injured Mendy?
-World class centre back to replace Kompany?
-Definitive stick-or-twist on Sane given his contract situation and their impending transfer ban?
I would also add:

- World Class Goalkeeper to replace Bravo (And to provide better competition to Ederson)?

- Another Winger? (To allow B.Silva to be moved back into Midfield on a full-time basis)

- Another Midfielder? (To Replace D.Silva)

Spielmacher

It's hilarious that so many people are saying Man City did nothing this window.
Rodri for €70M - long-term successor to Fernandinho
Cancelo for €65M - competition for and arguably an upgrade on Kyle Walker
You could argue that they could do with better backup options at centre-back than Otamendi, but apart from that they have arguably the best squad the Premier League has ever seen.
So what does it matter who won the transfer window, when most are of the opinion that City will walk the league before a game has even been played?

Tickle Lad

Supports
Leicester City
It's hilarious that so many people are saying Man City did nothing this window.
Rodri for €70M - long-term successor to Fernandinho
Cancelo for €65M - competition for and arguably an upgrade on Kyle Walker
You could argue that they could do with better backup options at centre-back than Otamendi, but apart from that they have arguably the best squad the Premier League has ever seen.
So what does it matter who won the transfer window, when most are of the opinion that City will walk the league before a game has even been played?
So you're saying don't answer the thread title?

croadyman

I really think we would have been contenders for the best window had we not blown top 4. I really think it denied us the opportunity to sign the likes of Ndombele & Sancho.

gza the genius

Everyone keeps saying Spurs, which is fair enough, but their window doesn't look nearly as good if Eriksen ends up leaving.

I really don't think anyone had a spectacular window to be honest.

United probably got the two most guaranteed to perform for their respective club although we needed more in midfield and attack.

Spurs did well but Sessegnon is still an unknown, and again, they could yet lose Eriksen.

Arsenal did well on paper but who knows if Pepe will live up to the hype or if Tierney can get over his injury issues. Ceballos should be good but he's only there on loan.

City slightly improved an already incredible team.

No club really was a standout winner - I think on paper everyone mostly should fit in the league roughly where they were last season. City and Liverpool a level above Spurs, Chelsea, United and Arsenal.

Spielmacher

So you're saying don't answer the thread title?
A thread title is a only an attention grabber and an opening post is only a discussion starter.

I'm questioning the hype around "winning" transfer windows.
You could only confidently answer this question if you think some teams' transfer dealings have significantly changed the outlook on the upcoming season.
Many would probably bet on City to win the league again, Liverpool to come second again and Spurs to get Top 4.

trafford1980

I'm not gushing over Arsenal's transfer window.

In my opinion Ceballos and Luiz together are not better than Ramsey and Koscielny.

And I have never seen Pepe play so I can't assume he'll be a better premier league player than Iwobi.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
We lost, in the past 6 months;
- Fellaini
- Herrera
- Lukaku
- Valencia

Replaced by:
- James
- Maguire
- Aaron WB

We are stronger defensively but considering Matic (and Mata!) has only gotten older since last year and we now have zero depth at striker and central midfield while only strengthening our defence - while all our rivals have massively improved. Standing still is going backwards and even if we'd brought in Longstaff and Mandzukic we'd have barely improved on last years' squad our rivals have improved much more which means our squad is weaker relative to our opposition.

How can anyone look at our striking and midfield options and say "yeah that looks like it's better than Sane-Salah-Firmino/Auba-Lacazette-Pepe/Silva-Aguero-Mahrez (etc)" is beyond me. We need a right winger AT LEAST, while increasing Rashford and Martial's output twofold in order to even equal them in production.
I will gladly take a front 3 of Rashford, James and Martial. Throw in Greenwood, Sanchez and Chong and we have some real quality there. BUt I get it...the grass is always greener elsewhere. But go on...keep trying to convince me how crap we are rather than standing behind and supporter our players...

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
They signed 3 players, rodri will probably be first choice over fernandinho, cancelo to replace Danilo who will be real competition for Kyle Walker and young promising left back angelino who has replaced an ageing and make shift left back in delph. They have basically added even more strength in depth to their team, it's not like they needed major improvement on their first 11 based on last season's performance.
Yes, they added depth. Does that mean they had a better transfer window? Not at all. We added at least 2 players who will be in our starting 11 week in and week out when fit. City added players who will be rotated in. But go on, tell me again how they had a better transfer window than we did...

Bondi77

I think this question can only be answered at the end of the season as there are so many variables like;

Does the player carry his previous club form to his new club,
Does the player display the expected potential,
Does the player get played in the same position as he was at previous club,
Does the player stay injury free.

I am sure when Klopp outlaid the cash on Keita , Fabinho and the Ox that his midfield would have worked so well with them hardly playing and there would be other similar cases.

We can all have an opinion on who had the best on paper but in reality the game is played on grass and that is when all will be revealed.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Looking at the Top 6 and those looking break in (Wolves, Everton & Leicester) - Part 1

1: Manchester City: Addressed their issues at LB, RB & DM, however the loss of Kompany is a big blow and one which they have yet to address this time round, coupled with the loss of Sane for quite some time and overall I would say that while they have made needed improvements and still have the best squad (on paper) in the League, there is plenty of work to be done if they want to win a CL.

2: Liverpool: This is going to be a unpopular view, but in my eyes they have missed a massive opportunity to build on what they had achieved last season (and thus repeating the same mistake they always make after having an impressive season) thanks to the lack of signings this time round. I mean sure Mingolet is finally gone from the club, but you cannot really say that Adrian is the massive upgrade that was needed to provide the proper competition Allison needs.

Likewise they have failed to address their lack of depth/competition in Full-Back (Millner showed last season that while he is still a good player, he is no longer capable of playing at FullBack, not good when they literally have no one else), Centre Back (Lovern should not even be at the club at the first place for a start), Attacking Midfield (It has been 1 & a Half years since Coutinho has left the club, and they have still not replaced him) and with the Front 3 (Not good when Origi is only good for the odd big games and the main guys have been slogging it up all summer on international duty).

So while Klopp is still going to try and get the best out of what he currently has as before, the fact they have failed to make any real improvements this time round (when even United have done so) means that they would be doing very well to match their previous performace for this season.

3: Tottenham Hotspur: Clearly they have had the best transfer window this time round (despite not getting Dybala) with the signings that they have made, which would help solve the issues they previous had in midfield (which now has some proper depth and squad competition now) and add some addtional depth in attack in the form of Sessegnon (Since I can't see him playing at LB as long as Rose & Davis are still around). Which in turn should hopefully mean that Son spends more time playing as a ST (and thus easing the burden on Kane, especially since Llorente and Janssen have been let go).

In addition to this they have somehow managed to keep the key players that where looking towards the exit door as well, unless Erriksen ends up leaving before September that is...

Now of course they still need another RB (With Trippier gone, question marks still around Aurier & Walker-Peters still lacking in experience), Another CB (Because Foyth is simply not ready to play at the top level if last season is anything to go by, nor does he provide enough competition to the other 3 CBs*), Another Attacking Player (to allow Son to play at ST on a full time basis**) and maybe another Goalkeeper (If Lloris's form continues to decline). But with the squad they currently have, they would have to be doing pretty badly to not finish this season at either 3rd or 2nd and likewise with the additional depth they have maybe Poch should take the cups more seriously than he has done in the past...

My thoughts on the other teams (Chelsea, Manchester United, Arsenal, Wolves, Everton & Leicester) shall follow tomorrow.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

*They can still try & address it by perhaps moving Dier to CB on a full time basis now that they have Sissoko, Winks, Wanyama, Ndombele & Lo Celso occupying the 2 midifeld slots. Not sure if it would work out though...

**Zaha would be both the best option for them and the best club for the player himself...
Good analytical approach to this. Much better than all the bs off the cuff!

sokol11

Yes, they added depth. Does that mean they had a better transfer window? Not at all. We added at least 2 players who will be in our starting 11 week in and week out when fit. City added players who will be rotated in. But go on, tell me again how they had a better transfer window than we did...
It's crazy these days isn't it here? Everybody would like to have homegrown talent but when we have McT, Greenwood, Gomes ready to have a chance everyone wants imports who don't want to be here (hashtag: Dybala). City and Liverpool are currently at their peak. Even if we would throw 500 mil at the problem it wouldn't guarantee us title. So rather look at the big picture, if we will not be first I really don't care if we are 2-6 or even if we are out of Europa for a year if that means that McT, Greenwood etc. will solidify their position in the squad and with Maguire and McT we again get some british spine, leadership and character in the team. But I like the look of the team. Defence looks good, attack has potential and I expect big things from Pogba, McT and Fred in midfield. Bring on Chelsea! :devil:

AgentP

Spurs, Arsenal, United, in any order. Its been an underwhelming window, with the top 2 not doing anything and Chelsea transfer banned.
City have addressed their most pressing issue DM and also got a top quality RB and a backup LB. That's not at all bad for an already top quality squad.

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
The only time to gauge which club had the best transfer window is next May. But on paper I would say Arsenal had arguably the best window. Their strikeforce must now rank in the top 3 in the PL, and their defence has improved as well with Luiz and Tierney whom I'm upset to lose as I think he is worth a lot more, and the return of Holding and Chambers (who was Fulham's best player last season ahead of Sessegnon), and all that from a paltry budget. Spurs did make some decent signings but they now have a huge midfield contingent and still risk losing Eriksen.

Last edited:

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I reckon United have come out a fair bit worse on paper than they were a year ago.

You've lost two first team midfielders and replaced them with zilch, meanwhile your defensive midfielder showed he is finished during the season. The progress of McTominay is not anywhere near adequate to redress that and what we've learned about Fred and pereira during the season isn't cause for much optimism. If Pogba gets injured, it's barely even a top-10 midfield in this league.

At the back, you've made your most significant improvement with wan-bisaka. Maguire is a decent upgrade, lindelof came good during the season and shaw did well during the season. De Gea's shaky season is a point of concern, but with his track record it may well be just a blib.

Up front you sold your only proven goalscorer and replaced him with a championship winger who looks set for a bit part role. When martial is your most mature and developed attacker (that is not a pensioner like mata), it is a cause for concern. It's the worst attacking lineup I can remember united having had.

It's a team geared towards working for clean sheets and hoping Pogba will carry the creative burden for midfield and attack. Considering you have maybe the 3rd best defense in the league, it'll need top notch organisation to make it work.

Sixth best side on paper, probably the worst on paper since pre-ferguson days; somewhere between 5th and 20th best manager (who knows?). I predict 6th place and the most likely to be overtaken by Leicester/Everton/wolves if any of them manage to step up a level.

It's a season for shaping the team's identity, blooding youth and developing the players who could be something but are not quite there yet, whilst hoping you can nick a trophy or, if everything falls you way, nick top 4.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
On paper I think Arsenal
They’ve addressed the fullback deficiency, got an experienced CB that will allow them to play out from the back, added a promising midfielder and brought in potentially a match winning wide forward. Now they can setup like Liverpool up top.

TheReligion

Abusive
I reckon United have come out a fair bit worse on paper than they were a year ago.

You've lost two first team midfielders and replaced them with zilch, meanwhile your defensive midfielder showed he is finished during the season. The progress of McTominay is not anywhere near adequate to redress that and what we've learned about Fred and pereira during the season isn't cause for much optimism. If Pogba gets injured, it's barely even a top-10 midfield in this league.

At the back, you've made your most significant improvement with wan-bisaka. Maguire is a decent upgrade, lindelof came good during the season and shaw did well during the season. De Gea's shaky season is a point of concern, but with his track record it may well be just a blib.

Up front you sold your only proven goalscorer and replaced him with a championship winger who looks set for a bit part role. When martial is your most mature and developed attacker (that is not a pensioner like mata), it is a cause for concern. It's the worst attacking lineup I can remember united having had.

It's a team geared towards working for clean sheets and hoping Pogba will carry the creative burden for midfield and attack. Considering you have maybe the 3rd best defense in the league, it'll need top notch organisation to make it work.

Sixth best side on paper, probably the worst on paper since pre-ferguson days; somewhere between 5th and 20th best manager (who knows?). I predict 6th place and the most likely to be overtaken by Leicester/Everton/wolves if any of them manage to step up a level.

It's a season for shaping the team's identity, blooding youth and developing the players who could be something but are not quite there yet, whilst hoping you can nick a trophy or, if everything falls you way, nick top 4.
Think this is quite a common opinion really so expectations are pretty low.

That said I see Chelsea as being in the same position as United when you look at their squad.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
Think this is quite a common opinion really so expectations are pretty low.
Which is good for you, I reckon. If solskjaer does turn out to have the proper credentials, this season could be a good platform for actually building a team with proper identity, team culture and shape.

Only thing wrong with the picture is Pogba, whom you will rely on a lot and will most likely be off next summer. Solskjaer should have gone all in on the development season and chosen only to work with players who will still be likely to be here in 2-3 years, except as part time seniors (mata, young) and gone for 2 new replacements who would be part of the solution next season too.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

I didn't like the start of that post. But the last sentence is spot on, it's a season about groundwork and forcing the likes of Martial, Rashford and McTominay into taking important role, if they can't they are most likely done as starters.

pacifictheme

United. Strengthened in 2 positions where we severely lacked with the best available players on the market who understand the ethos of the club and seem to mix well with the current squad. Proven quality instead of players people only know through FIFA.
Baffling.

tomaldinho1

I actually think we've had a really solid window. If you think back we've signed some of the highest rated names in football over the years, more for their reputation and individual ability than what they would bring to the team. This time, though we had to pay a premium for two English players, we have actually addressed specific weaknesses in RB & CB plus a young player who can play on both sides of the attack. No, we haven't signed anyone 'exciting' but we have definitely improved as a team - particularly with AWB who is a class RB (and more importantly an actual RB).

Additionally, we've essentially offset Maguire with the Lukaku sale and whilst it would have been nice to get an extra backup striker in - simply getting rid of him is a big plus given the circus that was forming around him and the fact he's been bang average for us.

We had 4 x official targets and only missed out on Longstaff. This season will tell if we've improved as a team but I think a lot of people will be surprised judging by this thread. We have a season of low pressure (for United) and whilst we definitely won't win the league I think we'll be far better than last year plus the pressure on other teams, for once, is higher: Liverpool haven't signed anyone, Poch must be near £400m spent with Spurs since he joined, City have to win the league else it's a huge failure, Chelsea are in the same boat as us but minus Hazard, Arsenal are Arsenal... I don't think it's as doom and gloom as people make out.

TheReligion

Abusive
Which is good for you, I reckon. If solskjaer does turn out to have the proper credentials, this season could be a good platform for actually building a team with proper identity, team culture and shape.

Only thing wrong with the picture is Pogba, whom you will rely on a lot and will most likely be off next summer. Solskjaer should have gone all in on the development season and chosen only to work with players who will still be likely to be here in 2-3 years, except as part time seniors (mata, young) and gone for 2 new replacements who would be part of the solution next season too.
I genuinely think we will see more of the younger players this season. United are good at playing them anyway but I see breakthroughs for the likes of Greenwood, Gomes and Tuanzebe as there are clear pathways now wide open for them to fit in.

I also feel Mctominay and Rashford will develop some more and it will also be exciting to see how Dalot and Dan James get on.

There's alot of doom and gloom, and I get that, but as a fan I'm also quite excited. The squad is very young but undoubtedly talented. It's also untested which is the issue if you expect top 4 and instant success. I half feel the club are happy to give a season's grace to Ole and buy in to what he wants to do so it will be interesting to see how it pans out.

When you look at the grander scheme of things you have a large pool of young players;

De Gea 28
Shaw 24
Lindelof 25
Maguire 26
Wan Bissaka 21
Mctominay 23
Pogba 26
Lingard 26
Rashford 21
Martial 23

The above picks itself really although the last forward position is up for grabs. Alexis could take it or you could have the likes of Gomes 18, Greenwood 17, Chong 19 or James 21 staking a claim. Lingard's position is also in contention and opens up another avenue and there's Fred 26 who is yet to live up to potential but willing to see how second season develops for him.

With regards to other young players theres Tuanzebe 21 ready to compete in the back four along with Dalot 19 who can play either full back or wing. Garner 18 looks talented but probably not ready for a centre midfield role yet due to the physical demands. I do think you'll see him in the cups though.

Older player wise you have Mata, Young, Alexis, Smalling, Jones, Matic. You do need these kind of players as the above bunch is very inexperienced when you consider the age. The question is how much will they get used and I think if Ole sticks to his plans and uses the season to bed in the above and almost trial out his vision I'll happily stay patient and accept where we currently are.

If we can have a clear style of play, deliver some exciting football and show young player development I'll be happy to build on that going into next season and can stomach up and down results.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
If we can have a clear style of play, deliver some exciting football and show young player development I'll be happy to build on that going into next season and can stomach up and down results.
I get that. You need more people on board with that and less people losing their shit about the players not trying hard enough and backroom bullshit being stirred because they don't play like you did in 06/07.

I felt the same about houllier's (although the football was a bit shit), rafa's (before we went and won the CL), Rodgers and Klopp's first season. It was very up and down, but I could see that we were trying to do something positive and worthwhile that wasn't going to take overnight.

Hodgson it was clear from early on that there was no project worth persisting with (same as Moyes). Kenny was trickier. We played some good, progressive modern 'nearly' football with some bits missing and then the wheels just fell off completely.

The concern I see is if the talent of the developing players is not going to be what is hoped for and/or solskjaer turns out not to be able to harness the talent and you find yourself with another identity crisis and asking what is the next project going to be after this one. If guys like martial and Rashford, as the senior first choice don't play in a way that makes you excited for what they will do next season.

TheReligion

Abusive
I get that. You need more people on board with that and less people losing their shit about the players not trying hard enough and backroom bullshit being stirred because they don't play like you did in 06/07.

I felt the same about houllier's (although the football was a bit shit), rafa's (before we went and won the CL), Rodgers and Klopp's first season. It was very up and down, but I could see that we were trying to do something positive and worthwhile that wasn't going to take overnight.

Hodgson it was clear from early on that there was no project worth persisting with (same as Moyes). Kenny was trickier. We played some good, progressive modern 'nearly' football with some bits missing and then the wheels just fell off completely.

The concern I see is if the talent of the developing players is not going to be what is hoped for and/or solskjaer turns out not to be able to harness the talent and you find yourself with another identity crisis and asking what is the next project going to be after this one. If guys like martial and Rashford, as the senior first choice don't play in a way that makes you excited for what they will do next season.
There's always risk with such an approach but that said I'd sooner go all in with that than a continued lack of long term investment in players who are potential short term fixes or don't really fancy the long haul. AWB, Maguire and James are all here because the want to be. They aren't on mega money and have bought into what we want to do and where we currently are. We need to sign like this and build from within to get back to where we want to be.

As for this window I would have liked a creative CM but I don't think we need to replace Lukaku as I'm pretty confident in our young forwards. I think the next part of the rebuild will come in January if an identified target is available. If they aren't we will wait until summer.

Personally I'm in no rush and want it done properly.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
There's always risk with such an approach but that said I'd sooner go all in with that than a continued lack of long term investment in players who are potential short term fixes or don't really fancy the long haul. AWB, Maguire and James are all here because the want to be. They aren't on mega money and have bought into what we want to do and where we currently are. We need to sign like this and build from within to get back to where we want to be.

As for this window I would have liked a creative CM but I don't think we need to replace Lukaku as I'm pretty confident in our young forwards. I think the next part of the rebuild will come in January if an identified target is available. If they aren't we will wait until summer.

Personally I'm in no rush and want it done properly.
Broadly agree. Starting the season a bit understaffed with talented youngsters in the wings may cost on the points table, but you'll know a lot more in January to make the right investments. Would be a strong boost as well if you are still in with a strong chance for top four by then.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
In terms of who's improved a problem position the most then us and no one is going to convince me otherwise

From the outside I dont see Spurs's signings taking them to another level, not City's, nor Arsenal's (though I'd probably place them of doing the 2nd best business)

TheReligion

Abusive
Broadly agree. Starting the season a bit understaffed with talented youngsters in the wings may cost on the points table, but you'll know a lot more in January to make the right investments. Would be a strong boost as well if you are still in with a strong chance for top four by then.
On paper I see the top four as City, Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal. I then see United and Chelsea in a similar boat, understaffed and needing to use youth. You then have Wolves, Everton who should do well and Leicester and I think West Ham (who will have a good season IMO).

Bit of a lottery below the top 4 for me.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Arsenal and Spurs have done well. Pepe and Tierney are fantastic signings. Getting Luiz in to replace Koscielny was pretty good business too.

If I was a Spurs fan I would have been worried right up until yesterday but fair play to them in pulling it out of the bag.

We are up there but missing out on a CB and our prime Winger target leaves a few question marks over our window. Getting Gomes back is great, Delph provides solid cover and experience, as does Lossl. Gbamin is a bit of an unknown quantity especially when he's going to be replacing our most consistent/best player in Gueye. Kean is our signing of the window by far and I'm very happy with that. Sidibe and Iwobi are both solid too albeit not top tier. Iwobi especially has so much talent and I'm hopeful that taking a step down will enable him to realise it.

paulscholes18

Arsenal,
improved on the left back,
Luiz: don’t rate him but better then what they have to partner Sokratis
Ceballos is a very tidy player upgrade there midfield weather it’s Xhaka or Ozil
Pepe, Front 3 of Pepe, Lacazette & Aubameyang will win them plenty of matches

Lee565

The reason our signings will be in our squad week in week out is because of the lack of depth, the reason why man city's will be rotated is because they dont have to worry about being weakened when they rotate, furthermore we lost two players, one which was a first team player in Herrera and the other the only guy that could guarantee us about 15 goals in a season with possibly maybe rashford as well, plus we are stuck with deadwood still.

SamoyedSam

Supports
Notts County
Best window would be Brighton in my opinion. They looked certainties for relegation but adding Mooy to an already impressive window gives them every chance of staying up.

Of the top 6, Spurs look very strong and Arsenal have made some good signings, but they still look potentially weak at the back. Rodri could be the signing of the summer, if he addresses the over reliance on an aging Fernandinho at City. The injury to Sane will impact them however.

Liverpool have a good enough squad to see if Brewster and their other youngsters can replace Sturridge and the others that have left.

Maguire was clearly the best of what was available and if he does well people will soon forget the price. I like the look of AWB but I'm not yet convinced he's an elite full back. Defensively he's sound but at big clubs full backs see a lot of the ball and whether he has the quality in possession and delivery I'm not sure. The inability to address midfield and to start the season without a recognised number 9 is criminal. With a poor start, Ole could be in trouble by October.

RU Devil

Not sure how anyone can put Arsenal up near the top in terms of this window. Lost Koscielny and replaced with Luiz? At best that's a wash, if not a minus. Now, maybe Emery can make the best use of Luiz, but he can be flakey. Meanwhile, Saliba is back out on loan, so it's not like he affects their current season. He's for the future, so uncertain whether he's a net gain or loss (probably gain, but who's to say). Ceballos is the opposite in that he is in for the season, but there is no option to buy, so that's at best a short term boost. They'll be back in the market next spring, still trying to replace Ramsey. Pepe & Tierney are good purchases, although a bit rich for Arsenal's 'budget'.

Among the Top 10 contenders, I would put Wolves, City, Everton, and Spurs in the top half. Would have put Spurs in bottom half until getting in Lo Celso & Sessegnon. Leicester is in the middle portion, especially after losing Maguire & not replacing him, but they had a very good window. United, Chelsea, & Arsenal are in the bottom half. Those 3 have seemingly lost ground in comparison to the rest. Doesn't mean they will finish lower, just that they don't seem to have made substantial gains on City/Pool and even Spurs.