Which striker should we sign this summer?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
From the players I've seen I'd say Jimenez
From the links over the last 12 months we should suspect Dembele

mattunited1978

doommonger
Think we'l deffinatly sign a striker, maybe two, in summer, plenty il be keeping an eye on

Werner-Leipzig
Edouard-Celtic
Dembele-Lyon
Jovic-Madrid
Bodau-AZ
Gaich-San Lorenzo
Gomez-Valencia
Martinez-Inter
Oshimen-Lille

Also think we'l get strongly linked to Carlos vinicous at Benfica .

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Id go for someone cheapish who would provide us with a different approach to Greenwood. I'd say haller, puuki or eduoard would do. The former two will see their club relegated this season while the latter play for celtic

Dinghy

Alexander Isak. Developed really well at Sociedad. Great movement, quick, good link-up play and can finish.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
Depends how much money we have got to spend. In my opinion a first team right winger and midfielder should be prioritised over a first team striker so we may end up signing a cheaper/rotation striker.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
A starter. A starting 11, first name on the team sheet striker that will shunt Anthony 'The Myth' Martial into his rightful place on the substitute's bench and if the fairweather feck doesnt like that, he can find a new club. I think many will be very surprised at the trajectory Martial's career will take over the next 3-4yrs. He is nowhere near as good as some think he is; he will slowly fade into obscurity after leaving United, I would bet anything on it.
Is this really necessary/constructive?

fps

Not going to happen, Martial is currently overplayed but missed two years of development being played out of position by Mourinho and will get better, and a right winger and central midfielder are the absolute must signs.

fps

By the way some of the comments on Martial... imagine if this forum had been around in the time of Yorke and Cole, don’t remember them being world city contenders but they did the business, and when Rashford and Martial play together they’re fire. I have my criticisms of him of course, but some of the abuse... so many football fans are pathetic.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
By the way some of the comments on Martial... imagine if this forum had been around in the time of Yorke and Cole, don’t remember them being world city contenders but they did the business, and when Rashford and Martial play together they’re fire. I have my criticisms of him of course, but some of the abuse... so many football fans are pathetic.
Fairest criticism of Martial is that he doesn't have a B Side. He's either silky smooth or garbage. I'd say that happens even when Rashford is in the team.

I'd like him to stay of course.

Rocknrolla69er

All out for Laturo Martinez , lets make a statement signing

If not get Luka Jovic included in the inevitable Pogba deal

AKDevil

Cole and Yorke had seasons of goals to fall back on. In Cole’s case a 1994 golden boot for newly-promoted Newcastle. They were miles ahead of Martial as goalscorers.

Albin Johansson

Alexander Isak. Developed really well at Sociedad. Great movement, quick, good link-up play and can finish.
If he's not a starter at sociedad then what's the reason for United to bring him in? In my opinion we should go for someone more proven. Werner, Callum Wilson or laturo Martinez (maybe not very realistic). Being a Swede I like Alexander isak and hope that he can develop but can't see what he'd offer atm. Probably a high risk signing as well since I he'd cost north of 35-40 mill.

fps

Fairest criticism of Martial is that he doesn't have a B Side. He's either silky smooth or garbage. I'd say that happens even when Rashford is in the team.

I'd like him to stay of course.
Exactly, he needs some good solid coaching on which runs to make and the midfielders need coaching on the passes to make though.

Dinghy

If he's not a starter at sociedad then what's the reason for United to bring him in? In my opinion we should go for someone more proven. Werner, Callum Wilson or laturo Martinez (maybe not very realistic). Being a Swede I like Alexander isak and hope that he can develop but can't see what he'd offer atm. Probably a high risk signing as well since I he'd cost north of 35-40 mill.
He's slowly been integrated to their team, getting more and more starts lately and have done really well. If we wait another year his price will be doubled. We probably won't be able to compete for someone like Werner or Martinez and it would make much more sense to pay £30-35M for this guy in the summer than someone like Callum Wilson or Joshua King.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Edouard or Werner. Also Sancho as another forward player. Easy.

sherrinford

Josep illicic is showing hatfulls in serie A looks a quality player, might be worth a look.
He’s 32. Out of contract in the summer though, I think. In the first Champions League game against Zagreb he was the only Atalanta player who made an impression, playing from a high right attacking position too. Could be a nice addition but not the kind of signing you’d expect us to make.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Werner would be a dream. Jiminez would be a great signing too.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
We haven't a hope of getting Werner. Loka Jovic popped up a lot on here last year as the signing many thought we'd make, and we were probably his 7th choice.

Moussa Dembele looks most likely as he'll have just a year on his contract. Wolves will ask for 80 million for Raul Jiminez, so can't see that happening.

Odsonne Edourde is also a possibility.
Think Ducker mentioned we're big admirers of M.Dembele.

Any of the French football watchers got any opinions on him?

Macedonian Red

Lautaro is my first option. But he will very expensive and dont sure he want to change Inter with ManUtd in this moment.

Raul Jimenez is my second option and obviously more realistic.

man united 4eva

Maxi Gomez... a true centre-forward who would be well suited to the Premier League. We haven't got a player like him at the moment... he can do all the things Martial sadly lacks.

sp_107

Think we'l deffinatly sign a striker, maybe two, in summer, plenty il be keeping an eye on

Werner-Leipzig
Edouard-Celtic
Dembele-Lyon
Jovic-Madrid
Bodau-AZ
Gaich-San Lorenzo
Gomez-Valencia
Martinez-Inter
Oshimen-Lille

Also think we'l get strongly linked to Carlos vinicous at Benfica .

Werner-Leipzig
Dembele-Lyon
Jovic-Madrid
Gomez-Valencia
Martinez-Inter

Will be happy if we get one of them

Mainoldo

A right winger please. Otherwise you’ll all be moaning how crap the new guy is and that we need another striker.

paulscholes18

If he could stop being a bloody idiot then Alfredo Morelos could be a little gem, doubt he would cost a bomb playing for Rangers. Then go big on Sancho which would leave quite a strong set of 6 forward players, then no need for anyone that be run into the ground
Rashford Martial Sancho
James Morelos Greenwood

wolvored

Maxi Gomez... a true centre-forward who would be well suited to the Premier League. We haven't got a player like him at the moment... he can do all the things Martial sadly lacks.
Yes looks a good player and different to what we got as you say.

Devil may care

I can see @Invictus thinking with Raul Jimenez but I'm not sure about catering as much to Rashford as that, with better
coaching I feel a player like Lautaro Martinez or Timo Werner could work in a front 3 with the other attackers we have, but if we are going to allow the Ole farce to continue then Jimenez or that young Argie lad might be the best options.

Ighalo. As per Fabrizio Romano we will negotiate option to buy later as we didn't have time. He will play well in few games and we will rush to make the deal permanent.
This was what I was saying when certain douchebags were trying to say there was no issue with this loan, the way the club operates if he scores 3 or 4 goals we'll sign a 31 year old permanently as our Striker addition, when we badly need a top class striker.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
I would try to sign Aubameyang from Arsenal. That's the type of singing we used to make and need to go back to being this way

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I can see @Invictus thinking with Raul Jimenez but I'm not sure about catering as much to Rashford as that, with better
coaching I feel a player like Lautaro Martinez or Timo Werner could work in a front 3 with the other attackers we have, but if we are going to allow the Ole farce to continue then Jimenez or that young Argie lad might be the best options.
I think he's talking about attainable players - as it stands. And I agree, Jimenez is a great option .I'm not sure Martinez would like to join United now that he's become hot property. Probably the same with Werner. It's not like we can offer players a title challenge.