Which striker should we sign this summer?

tjarligdrengen

Kane

Should we bring in Potch, then I would think it's possible. Otherwise... Then I would thin Werner could be a good signing.

Dolf

Lautaro Martinez. Although going for a more experienced striker might be better.

Sylar

What if Ighalo does something ridiculous like get 15 goals in about 15 appearances? Would be a bit crazy to not get him, right? But then at the same time, hes 30 and will start the new season 31.

We would still need to get another striker anyway.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Too many factors to try and guess any strikers coming in. The main one has already been mentioned. Will Ole still be here in the summer, how well will Ighalo do and how much will the Bruno signing take away from our summer budget?

If Ole is still here then I can see him going in for King again which for me will put even more nails in his coffin.

romufc

Let's hope you can see him playing under a different manager then, because otherwise he'll just join the bunch of inconsistent midtable-form players Ole has accrued so far. Get Ole out.
Which signings are you calling Mid table? Are you saying this just because they have been signed from lesser clubs?

Dan_F

Which top striker is going to cost less? PL proven and would be a top top signing.
That price for someone 28 years old isn’t smart business. PL proven, but it’s at Wolves, where there’s zero pressure on him. A quick look at his stats shows 18 goals for Benfica in 3/4 seasons, a team where there’s pressure to win every league game.

Alabaster Codify7

Which signings are you calling Mid table? Are you saying this just because they have been signed from lesser clubs?
Midtable-form, not quality.

Due to being coached by a relegation fodder standard manager and his out-dated, mediocre coaching staff.

kaiser00

We should have at least 2 back up strikers with plan B tactics. Im harking back to the Clinical Ole/Teddy type back ups.

croadyman

I am gonna say either Jovic or Werner depending on what kind of striker Utd are looking to bring in this summer.

There is still a possibility they could go for someone a bit more unknown like Maxi Gomez or this Gaitch fella from Argentina.

Scholsey2004

Depends how Ighalo does really. I wouldn't write him off before he's kicked a ball. Having a more assertive, harder working striker could make a big difference.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Harry Kane, right after we get Poch. 120 mils plus Matic and Martial.

Levy says no.

zenith

Some of the names mentioned by people on the caf are like fantasy level signings.

This will have to be a very smart signing here, given that it's not our first priority and that in all likelihood the budget here will not be over 30-40 million. Also with rashford, Martial and greenwood also capable of playing in the same position.

Whomsoever we get will be far from guaranteed first team football.

Albin Johansson

He's slowly been integrated to their team, getting more and more starts lately and have done really well. If we wait another year his price will be doubled. We probably won't be able to compete for someone like Werner or Martinez and it would make much more sense to pay £30-35M for this guy in the summer than someone like Callum Wilson or Joshua King.
I might have to say you're right, he scored some bangers against real madrid yesterday.

James Ward

Werner or Maxi Gomez. I don't think I could take another another season of Martial playing CF.

Could Martial possibly play on the right and cut in. Has to be better than James who I do rate but has been thrown in the deep end. Hopefully we see a new rested James after the break.

reddevilchennai

At Spurs I don't think any opinion is deemed more important than that of Levy. Jose is not even the manager there. He is Head Coach.:lol:
It is not even that stage now. Until this year end its honeymoon period for both Jose & Levy. The clash will happen next year.

Son

I think we should test BVB's resolve and give a huge offer for Haaland...
I’d much rather have Sancho in all honesty who is just a better footballer & we seriously need a right winger.
Pogba will need to leave to help fund an overhaul of the squad too.

Sell: Pogba (sadly), Periera and Lingard
Buy: Sancho, Dembele, Grealish, Soumaré

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Mbappe hasn’t signed a contract and just fell out with his manager tonight
What has this sport become?

A manager decides who to substitute, when and why and players should not be making scenes in front of thousands of supporters thinking they are bigger than the club.

Disgusting. Mbappe won't even consider United in our current form, but feck him if this is his attitude

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
I’d much rather have Sancho in all honesty who is just a better footballer & we seriously need a right winger.
Pogba will need to leave to help fund an overhaul of the squad too.

Sell: Pogba (sadly), Periera and Lingard
Buy: Sancho, Dembele, Grealish, Soumaré
i completely disagree that sancho is a better player. I see a future Ballon d'Or in Haaland. This kid will be that good. Yes, we need a right winger, but I'd say we go after both. One funded from the Pogba money, and the other from the club...

dronesoul

Alexander Isak of Real Sociedad (Before that AIK and Dortmund). 20 years of age. Tore Real Madrid's defense to pieces in the the cup game yesterday and sent them out crying.

2 (fine) goals, and 1 assist (2 if you count the rebound from his knuckleball that Ödegård scored from).

Last edited:

romufc

i completely disagree that sancho is a better player. I see a future Ballon d'Or in Haaland. This kid will be that good. Yes, we need a right winger, but I'd say we go after both. One funded from the Pogba money, and the other from the club...
We need to be realistic, we will barely be able to get Sancho, going for both will cost over £200m.

Deery

Dreary
What has this sport become?

A manager decides who to substitute, when and why and players should not be making scenes in front of thousands of supporters thinking they are bigger than the club.

Disgusting. Mbappe won't even consider United in our current form, but feck him if this is his attitude
There has been an ongoing situation where Tuchel keeps subbing him off around 60mins and Mbappe wants to play the full game.
Personally I think Tuchel is making a show of Mbappe here treating him as a child, he is a 40 goal a season striker after all.
Plenty of players would have done much worst in this scenario.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
There has been an ongoing situation where Tuchel keeps subbing him off around 60mins and Mbappe wants to play the full game.
Personally I think Tuchel is making a show of Mbappe here treating him as a child, he is a 40 goal a season striker after all.
Plenty of players would have done much worst in this scenario.
OK, but is that not what manager’s office is for? The public altercation they had in front of everybody looked horrible.

Deery

Dreary
OK, but is that not what manager’s office is for? The public altercation they had in front of everybody looked horrible.
Agreed, it probably a mix of things going on behind the scenes but it’s not a good look for the club

Son

If we got both I’d be thrilled. Watching Dortmund Sancho is ridiculously good though. I actually think the opposite. Sancho to me looks the next best player in the world.

He’s so smart on the ball. Exactly what our side is missing. I’d love either though, beggars can’t be choosers in our current state.