Which striker should we sign this summer?

Son

There has been an ongoing situation where Tuchel keeps subbing him off around 60mins and Mbappe wants to play the full game.
Personally I think Tuchel is making a show of Mbappe here treating him as a child, he is a 40 goal a season striker after all.
Plenty of players would have done much worst in this scenario.
Tuchel is using Mbappe just right against cannon fodder. Mbappe is annoyed because he can’t stay on the field and pad his stats against poor opposition.

That kind of behaviour takes away from the big picture which is keep him fit for the champions league. He had injuries earlier in the season and Tuchel is trying to protect him.

If many players did worse at PSG they would be out the team full stop. Ronaldo did the same thing here one time once and I don’t ever remember it happening again.

BR7

I think we need to be careful with some of the players. For years the standard of the prem has been underestimated by some people specially the speed and physicality. I heard recently Ronaldo scored his 100th or something hat trick. Only 7-8 in the premier? What does that say about the other leagues?

Haaland has scored 5 goals in 70 mins of football or something.... I’d prefer a proven prem striker first and foremost if one is available.

sparx99

I think we need to be careful with some of the players. For years the standard of the prem has been underestimated by some people specially the speed and physicality. I heard recently Ronaldo scored his 100th or something hat trick. Only 7-8 in the premier? What does that say about the other leagues?

Haaland has scored 5 goals in 70 mins of football or something.... I’d prefer a proven prem striker first and foremost if one is available.
To be honest it doesn’t say much except that Ronaldo played in the premier league from 18-24 years old then played his peak years in La Liga for one of the big two who regularly score 5-6 goals. His goal scoring for Utd was never really close to his Real a Madrid numbers where he got 50-60 gold a season.

Jibbs

I really think Adolfo Gaich is worth taking a punt.

NoPace

Alexander Isak of Real Sociedad (Before that AIK and Dortmund). 20 years of age. Tore Real Madrid's defense to pieces in the the cup game yesterday and sent them out crying.

2 (fine) goals, and 1 assist (2 if you count the rebound from his knuckleball that Ödegård scored from).
I think in general we don't buy enough players from the Sociedad-Sevilla-Bilbao-Villareal-Valencia-Betis 2nd/Europa League tier of La Liga. Young players who excel there don't always make it and I know Bailly hasn't been healthy, but still.

We missed out on Xabi Alonso (maybe Benitez had an in though) and Griezmann from Sociedad and either of those signings would have been massive for us. I'm not sure if Isak is the 9 we need or Oyarzabal the answer on the right but when a guy like Lo Celso tears it up at Betis and we're not in for him I get annoyed.

Mark Pawelek

I agree but feels a bit like Utd have been burnt by their recent record with Argentinian players
That makes no sense. Our biggest let down in recent years is Chilean. United were in for an Argentinian last summer, and again this winter. Scouts and management don't agree with you. This is the guy who literally did break a nose to score. Ole certainly thinks he has the right DNA. We should absolutely buy him if that buyout clause can be activated. His agent is touting him to Europe and confident he'll get a European passport soon; so no visa issues. He's absolutely the big, powerful, bully striker we need.

Seb burrow

Haaland/Werner have got to be up there, surely. Think both have release clauses in their contracts too.

I really like Dominic C. Lewin. Got an engine on him that lad. And he’s stepping up. Hate to think what Everton will demand after rejecting 85m for Richarlson. He’d do a job too tbf.

Ventura

Kane and Haaland Are impossible suggestions, Jimenez highly unlikely. Forget about them. Anyone who thinks we can get Kane, is stuck in the 90s. Someone like Gaich seems to fit the bill and is gettable. It's the sort of deal we have to look at. Someone up and coming who is not at a rich club yet.

Paul_Scholes18

Harry Kane is the striker United need to go for, simple as.
No way. Messi is more likely than Kane. Even Lewandowski might be more likely.
Think Calvert Lewin, Pukki, King, Ings are at the level Ole can attract.

Those are the good ones. Might even go down towards Solanke, Barnes, Joelinton, Benteke etc.

USREDEVIL

Kane and Haaland Are impossible suggestions, Jimenez highly unlikely. Forget about them. Anyone who thinks we can get Kane, is stuck in the 90s. Someone like Gaich seems to fit the bill and is gettable. It's the sort of deal we have to look at. Someone up and coming who is not at a rich club yet.
Well if we say "Pukki" or something we'll get lambasted by someone else for "lowering the standards." I mean those suggestions are hardly like Messi.
No way. Messi is more likely than Kane. Even Lewandowski might be more likely.
Think Calvert Lewin, Pukki, King, Ings are at the level Ole can attract.

Those are the good ones. Might even go down towards Solanke, Barnes, Joelinton, Benteke etc.
Beneteke. We wish. We might be able to re-sign Alan Smith. FFS

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Skillful, deadly, and strong; like RVN, RvP, Rooney, or Cole. Not asking much.

Ventura

Well if we say "Pukki" or something we'll get lambasted by someone else for "lowering the standards." I mean those suggestions are hardly like Messi.

Beneteke. We wish. We might be able to re-sign Alan Smith. FFS
Pukki isn't the type of player I was referring to, he's 30 next month and already in the PL, which means an eye-watering fee for a moderate level of services. We should get someone with a lot of promise around 20-23 from a different league, ready to make an impact already but still with room to grow. In my opinion, of course. Our global, experirenced scouting team should be up to the task ... oh wait, never mind :( Pukki for 50m it is.

Mark Pawelek

Yep, maybe worth a gamble, especially if his fee is not too high.
Young, big, powerful. Cheap. Buyout clause less than £11m. Absolutely unafraid to challenge and win. He can be turned into a more technical version of Lukaku. Problem with Lukaku is that he spent a lot of time out on loan before joining us. On his loans, coaches didn't develop Lukaku properly because they just wanted the striker who scored. So we ended up buying a player who accepted his limitations. United coaches don't like limited players. They try to coach that out of you - turn you into a fully rounded player with no weaknesses. If we buy Gaich our coaches will get a forward who's not set in his ways with the wrong approaches - like Lukaku was.

Infra-red

There's a guy tearing up Serie A at the moment, has 32 goals in his last 37 games for club & country, quick, powerful, strong in the air and on course to break his club's record goal tally for a single season. Romelu Lukaku.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Young, big, powerful. Cheap. Buyout clause less than £11m. Absolutely unafraid to challenge and win. He can be turned into a more technical version of Lukaku. Problem with Lukaku is that he spent a lot of time out on loan before joining us. On his loans, coaches didn't develop Lukaku properly because they just wanted the striker who scored. So we ended up buying a player who accepted his limitations. United coaches don't like limited players. They try to coach that out of you - turn you into a fully rounded player with no weaknesses. If we buy Gaich our coaches will get a forward who's not set in his ways with the wrong approaches - like Lukaku was.
Then definitely worth a punt.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
There's a guy tearing up Serie A at the moment, has 32 goals in his last 37 games for club & country, quick, powerful, strong in the air and on course to break his club's record goal tally for a single season. Romelu Lukaku.
There is no doubt that Lukaku will always score goals. Unfortunately the lasting legacy I'm left with from his time at United is that of a professional athlete doubled over and gasping for air with his hands on his knees in about the 13th minute of a match.

When you wonder why we were so happy to sell him its not hard to come to the conclusion that he wasn't focused, wasn't training well and clearly didn't have the right mindset. We don't need that type of thing at the club anymore.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Then i'd take a chance on Adolfo Gaich who is everything that Lukaku is potentially but is noticeably better in the air and at actually controlling the ball.
He's very young and is playing in Argentina. He'd be one for the future like Mason, which is great, but we'd still need another forward if we signed him. We need guaranteed goals.

No chance we are getting a better striker than Lukaku. Maybe a young player with potential to be better.
Can't see us getting a world class forward at the top level though.

I would take Dembele.
So we wanted rid of Lukaku because he wasn't good enough, now fans are happy to accept a replacement who isn't as good.

We've been played like a fiddle by Ed and the Glazers lads.

The lowering of expectations has particularly accelerated this season. Absolute masterstroke by our board and Ole. We finished 2nd, above Liverpool, just 18 months ago. It's madness how low our standards have gotten in such a short space of time.

Pughnichi

I’d like the lad at Celtic and Chukwueze. Both getable. Neither would break the bank

A9X SJ

Should take the risk on Edouard (Celtic) been in great form in the SPL of late & He's a team player doesn't mind assisting well worth a punt looks destined for a big move shortly

Hit's a wicked freekick also

Jibbs

Exactly my thoughts... plus from the clips available you can see he has blistering pace, and a cracker of a shot. both things lacking in Lukaku.

reddevilchennai

We can move for Cavani during the summer as a short term option for a year or two.
No real quality strikers in the market nowadays.
We missed our chance with Haaland to be honest.

Instead of spending heavily on a forward, we can solve our RW issue with Sancho.
RW has been shit for a decade now.

Manutd1990

We need to stop dreaming about lautaro martinez, jovic and werner, why would they come here? Pretty sure ole wants a target man type of striker, should consider Haller at west ham.

Paul_Scholes18

He's very young and is playing in Argentina. He'd be one for the future like Mason, which is great, but we'd still need another forward if we signed him. We need guaranteed goals.

So we wanted rid of Lukaku because he wasn't good enough, now fans are happy to accept a replacement who isn't as good.

We've been played like a fiddle by Ed and the Glazers lads.

The lowering of expectations has particularly accelerated this season. Absolute masterstroke by our board and Ole. We finished 2nd, above Liverpool, just 18 months ago. It's madness how low our standards have gotten in such a short space of time.
Thing is we should have looked for forwards before we sold Lukaku. Although I guess the idea was Martial would be our star striker.
I can't see the best forwards wanting to join us with no European football and OGS as our manager.
Maybe if we get Poch he could have a minimal chance to get Kane. Doubt it, but better chance than Ole doing it.
Aubameyang might be on the market soon, but can't see Arsenal selling to us over other teams if they do it.

Scholsey2004

That makes no sense. Our biggest let down in recent years is Chilean. United were in for an Argentinian last summer, and again this winter. Scouts and management don't agree with you. This is the guy who literally did break a nose to score. Ole certainly thinks he has the right DNA. We should absolutely buy him if that buyout clause can be activated. His agent is touting him to Europe and confident he'll get a European passport soon; so no visa issues. He's absolutely the big, powerful, bully striker we need.
Did this happen before or after Solskjaer made the broken nose comment? My point being could the comment be directed as a message to that player?