Which top European team has done/been doing the best in the 2020 summer transfer market?

Transfer

TheLord

Which team has done the best business in the current transfer window?

Having wrapped up Timo Werner and Hakim Ziyech deals, Chelsea have been off and running, but everything could change if United can buy Jadon Sancho. The Havertz rumour has been making rounds for a few weeks now. Dortmund can make more than 100m on Sancho alone! That is a lot of profit. And they've already earned 40m more by selling Alcácer and Weigl. Can Real Madrid change everything if they get one or two big names - Mbappe? Maybe not in the current crisis. Their most expensive signing has only been an 18-year-old kid, Reinier Jesus. COVID-19 seems to have ruined Neymar’s Barcelona homecoming. I think Barca have finalised Pjanic from Juventus. Kalidou Koulibaly is rumoured to join a host of different clubs and should be a terrific signing. Juventus have confirmed the signing of young Arthur from Barcelona. Bayern Munich will surely get a few attractive players like they always do. Sane for around £40m is already shrewd business. The League matches have only just finished, but the transfer rumours are already gathering a lot of steam. Grealish, Onana, Declan Rice, Chilwell, Thiago, Oblak and several other big names are up for grabs.

So, which team has had the best window?

Chelsea
City
Liverpool
United
Real Madrid
Barcelona
Atletico Madrid
Juventus
Bayern Munich
Dortmund
Some other team

(Admin: Can we have a poll with these teams, please?)

Edited: to reflect current development.

Last edited:

Siorac

So, you're asking who did the best business in a transfer window that hasn't even officially started yet?

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Don't think you can judge so quickly. There is a lot of a transfer market left and many deals may or may not happen.

Chelsea gave definitely done well in getting deals done early but other than that I don't think any other bigger clubs have made major deals this far.

flappyjay

Close it and reopen it on October 5th when the window has closed.

Siorac

Thought the exact same thing, maybe it’s the theoretical winner.
In that case, I vote for Rosenborg BK. If they sign both Messi and Ronaldo, they will have done fantastic business. They're both getting on a bit but should tear it up in the Norwegian League.

TheHeya

This is like asking who as won a match when it’s only the first drinks break

TheLord

The window may not have opened yet, but teams have already started finalising deals.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Who won the 2019 transfer window? Weren't people saying it was someone like Spurs?

Tucholsky

Supports
VfB Stuttgart
Which team has done the best business in the current transfer window?

Having wrapped up Timo Werner and Hakim Ziyech deals, Chelsea have been off and running, but everything could change if United can buy Jadon Sancho. Or can Real Madrid change everything if they get Kai Havertz? Or may be even Mbappe! How about Neymar’s Barcelona homecoming, if that deal goes through? They’ve already finalised Pjanic from Juventus? Kalidou Koulibaly is rumoured to join Liverpool, which is terrific news for the Champions*. Juventus have confirmed the signing of young Arthur from Barcelona. Bayern Munich will surely get a few attractive players, like they always do. The season-matches haven’t finished yet, but the transfer rumours are already gathering steam.

So, which team won/is winning?

Chelsea
City
Liverpool
United
Real Madrid
Barcelona
Atletico Madrid
Juventus
Bayern Munich
Dortmund
Some other team

(Admin: Can we have a poll with these teams, please?)
You asked which European TOP Teams have the best transfer and then you provide a list of teams for example.

And I am wondering what United is doing on this list?

I know I will get angry replies to this post, but that is something that really stands out at the Red Cafe. Many posters are still thinking Manchester United is currently a top European team.
In short: It isn't.
(Disclaimer: due to heritage, infrastructure, the PL and economic clout you have a short way back to the top of the European pecking order, Clubs like Milan are in a much more difficult position)

But I don't think this attitude is helping the club to get back to the top. Instead on focusing on the mid-to long term and fixing the underlying structural problems, many of you are still looking for a quick fix on the transfer market.
To be honest, this thinking by fans, media and even within the club is holding you back on your way to the top.
You are always looking for the next big name player coming to United and most of the times you will be disappointed and missing out on more realistic targets and getting back to a functioning team

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Did I nap for an entire year? :nervous:

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Real Madrid getting Kai Havertz would be counter productive if anything. They have Odeegard lined up for that role in the future and they're badly in need of forwards who can produce numbers so that they don't live and die by Benzema's form anymore.

Web of Bissaka

2019 summer transfer market best team is Arsenal for EPL.
For other European teams, maybe Inter.

2020... Chelsea is definitely making headlines and made quick head-start than the rest.
Can't say more since the other teams are a lot slower.