Which transfer saga stung the most?

Mettaur

Supports
Liverpool
Balotelli for me. When rumours of Liverpool chasing his signature broke, I was 100% against it and even Brendan Rodgers dismissed the rumour. He somehow signed for Liverpool. You can't make it up. Mario Balotelli to replace Luis Suarez even after the manager said we're not interested in the player.

Sylar

Ronaldinho would have been another Veron type had he signed. World class but wouldn’t have worked out. That United team was going through transition...

Had a prime era Ronaldinho signed between 2006 and 2008, different story...
Maybe. Maybe not.
I mean we just won the title the year before. Our transition after winning the title consisted of losing Veron, Beckham and Barthez. We brought in Howard. Ronaldo might have still happened, but Ronaldinho would have plugged the transition if he showed anything at all. I mean he might have only lasted 4 years with us, but I reckon we would have seen a good amount of success with us just behind Ruud.

AshRK

Although he was playing for us but the fact that we couldn't reach an agreement to sign tevez back in 09 really hurt. I was mentally prepared that Ronaldo would leave but tevez also leaving hurt then.

Paul_Scholes18

Fellaini...
It cant be true...
nah we wouldnt be in for him...
phew his buyout clause has expired ... bullet dodged
then we go and splaff several million more than his buyout clause ... OUCH
Bring him back from China ;). Fellaini did well as an impact player for us. He always stepped up when needed particular under LVG.
It was not always pretty football, but he did his job.

SATA

Mainly Sneidjer. I watched Inter’s friendlies which I absolutely have no interest at all, just to hear what he would say post game about his next career move. Imagine i got nothing out of that

jackal&hyde

Way too many.

Ronaldo coming back.
Bale.
Sneijder.
Until he retires i will still keep hope he plays for us again.

Hazard is what comes to mind. It was at a time when we needed the next best thing and this looked like the most United transfer ever. We got Young instead.

SpyLuke10

Not getting any centre backs in Jose's last transfer window (Maguire or Alderweireld) pissed me off beyond belief. Not getting Bruno a year ago was frustrating as well. I was so happy when we finally signed him. Relieved as well!

WelshManc

Hazard is what comes to mind. It was at a time when we needed the next best thing and this looked like the most United transfer ever. We got Young instead.
I'm sure Young joined us the season before Hazard joined Chelsea.

I still would of taken Bale over Hazard any day of the week.

Think we need to let Cristiano go though, no matter how much I love him, still haven't really got over the fact he left us, but then again, for me, it's the same thing as David Beckham. £25m for David Beckham, we was robbed. £80m for Cristiano, we was robbed. Also RvN, now I've just seen this and can't believe the price but seen the same number twice on two different media outlets, £11m..ELEVEN million for RvN. Madrid have taken the piss out of us over the years.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Thiago. Read every single post in that damned thread.
"Nos vemos en manchester".

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Ronaldinho, Robben, Sneijder, Hazard, Thiago.

PoTMS

Just watching the Bayern-Dortmund match and who could forget the forgotten man Ivan Perisic?

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Vidal, was convinced he was coming and that he was gonna be a fantastic player for us. Still rate him highly and think he would have been a real fan favourite here.

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
Summer of 09 as a whole was the most frustrating for me. The muppet in me wasn't as devastated by Ronnie leaving as I should have been, with the anticipation of us signing a couple of new world class players. A winger from Wigan and a washed up scouse twat peddling a brochure is not what I had envisaged.

The Thiago one, in terms of a one off saga, completely broke the muppet in me though. Haven't been invested in a transfer saga since. Probably also due to knowing whatever big name we signed was going to turn to shite under whatever miserable manager we had at the time.

a_devil_inside

Big footed hermaphrodite
Who was that player we were almost going to sign, think maybe from Chile. Salas comes to mind but not sure if it was him or another one.
I got excited after hearing the hype.

fps

Yes, and he felt like someone Old Trafford would have loved, who would have been spurred on to even greater heights at the club.

Skills

Snitch
Sneijder. It was right after we'd gotten dicked by Barcelona & our midfield being exposed as a gaping wide open goal. I think I'd just built Sneijder up to be the solution to our midfield problems.