Which united players fallout is the worst ?

Will Singh

Now that cnut Ronaldo has opened he’s big mouth and got in bed with Piers fecking Morgan it’s not even a competition. The Ronaldo situation makes the Keane, Tevez and Becks situation’s look like school kids getting in trouble for jumping the dinner queue.

wolvored

Ronaldo the worst. Me me me
Keane called out the team selection, nothing wrong in that for me.
Beckham took the piss when he said he was unfit then went to an awards event was it with his missus. Fergie wouldnt stand for that.
Utd didnt want to sign Tevez permanently, probably the glazers penny oinching at the time, so he joined City. I dont think he did anything wrong. He didnt owe Utd any loyalty.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
I wasn't convinced resigning him was a good idea, an aging superstar paid a fortune at such an advanced age, but I never thought it would get this bad. He surely must have a deal on the table and is making sure United have no choice but to let him go?

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Tevez felt betrayed because we clearly decided to go with Berbatov over him and didn't want to sign him. He handled that rejection poorly.

The Tevez/Berbatov debate was an interesting one back in the day. Berbatov had more technical skill but Tevez had that fire and energy that sparked our other players into life. I personally preferred watching Tevez though and was pretty pissed that we didnt sign him up.

Keane's interview came as a big shock, he really should have kept all that inhouse but he was always an honest man who speaks plainly, no diplomatic bullshit. He'll just give it straight. It was MUTVs fault for doing the interview with him in the first place.

Ronaldo has called out the Manager, Board, Club Staff and the players as well as ex players. All while being paid £500k a week...

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Surely it's Best.

I know it wrere different times but in the end he regularly and publicly made an absolute mockery of the club, the manager, his team mates and the fans.
Yeah Im with you, his efforts were abysmal at the time. I wonder how ugly it would have been if social media was around then. His efforts make Ronaldos little outburst seem trifling.
Time heals the wounds, he was my first football hero but the way he left was pretty hard to take but over time I have forgotten most of it and just remembered his football which i think was something he said would happen.

mu4c_20le

Ronaldo the worst. Me me me
Keane called out the team selection, nothing wrong in that for me.
Beckham took the piss when he said he was unfit then went to an awards event was it with his missus. Fergie wouldnt stand for that.
Utd didnt want to sign Tevez permanently, probably the glazers penny oinching at the time, so he joined City. I dont think he did anything wrong. He didnt owe Utd any loyalty.

mav_9me

The thing with Keane was he was right on what he said, but wrong in saying it publicly. He just couldn't take the 2 seasons of transition. Add to that the fact that he was waning. Ended up with that outburst.

Tarrou

I feel like going to city in your prime and holding up that sign trumps anything that Ronny’s done

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
On top of my rusty head

1. Heinze was pretty bad, but he's not a fans favourite so...
  2. Beckham was unwanted, there's no love lost. Never uttered a bad word.
  3. Ronaldo was mouthy and unprofessional
  4. Keane was probably worst, sacked on the spot by SAF
  5. Pogba was clearly not giving an arse for the past 2 years, but he hasn't done 100% guilty thing.
  6. Giggs fall out from being a poster boy to a repugnant ex-legend due to his ex marital affair was something.
  7. Jaap Stam unceremoniously sold for off field reason
  8. The rock of Gibraltar, but hey it was the man SAF so it wasn't even a contest. If this was Ronaldo suing Glazer of some naming rights...
  9. Tevez... meh.. mercenary, no love lost for being one.
Other nominee

1. Was it Craig Bellamy with a golf club?
  2. Adrian Mutu Coke incident, I don't know if this counts as fall out

caid

Stam - because it really hurt the team. We already had a keeper and left back to replace after 99. Johnsen needed replacing too.
Keane was brutal but probably a better end than seeing the 38 year old version of him. Beckham, meh, we got Ronaldo. Van Nistelrooy - harsh but improved the team. Tevez was never going to end well.
I got over Ronaldo leaving a decade ago, it mattered then. I dont really give a feck about the current version of him.

Demon Barber

Yeah Im with you, his efforts were abysmal at the time. I wonder how ugly it would have been if social media was around then. His efforts make Ronaldos little outburst seem trifling.
Time heals the wounds, he was my first football hero but the way he left was pretty hard to take but over time I have forgotten most of it and just remembered his football which i think was something he said would happen.
The Best thing hurt me badly in 1974. Different times- different culture. Beckham leaving was understandable but sad. Tevez annoyed me, but this Ronaldo nonsense will run and run and run (unlike him) So that one gets my vote, Jeff

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
Surely it's Best.

I know it wrere different times but in the end he regularly and publicly made an absolute mockery of the club, the manager, his team mates and the fans.
Was just going to say the same thing.
Yeah refused to play and soon the club ended up relegated. I suppose his enduring legacy shows people will eventually forget this sorry Ronaldo episode and in 20 years focus more on the 2000s.
I'd love a bit of a summary on his exit... Did his form dip before or after his outbursts (what happened :eek:)

And, I'm a history noob here, did we actually get relegated with him in the team!?

BarstoolProphet

Tevez. RIP Fergie and that he decided to moan to the reporter on the pitch while we were celebrating securing the title.

Oranges038

I wasn't around for Best but have seen enough and read enough to know what he was like. He was doing all that shit but still being top scorer nearly every year and one of the best players in the league. I think that's part of why people kind of forget all the off field stuff, but toward the end he just wasn't arsed at all. I think at one point he even retired and then showed up for pre season training a few weeks later.

I just look how people reacted to Ronaldo taking the summer off, even after everything that happened in his personal life. I defended him for taking that time off and maybe I was wrong. But this latest garbage is indefensible.

With other players like Keane, Beckham or Stam they were still playing to very high standards and people were genuinely disappointed to see them go. Ronaldo is doing nothing on the pitch and with all this nonsense now people are just doubling up on the hatred.

I'd even say someone like Yorke would be right up there, he went from top striker to not being picked for 6 months to not even getting a squad number in 3 seasons.

GueRed

Topic as above

Keane ?

Ronaldo ?

Beckham?

Tevez ?
Heinze and Van Nistelrooy have got to be up there too.

Van Nistelrooy had his agent sounding him out to clubs like Barcelona and Real Madrid for a couple of years before his eventual departure..
In Ruud's final season at the club in the 2006 League Cup Final he threw a tantrum shouting abuse at the manager from the bench. (years later he apologised for)
As a result (and Saha's outstanding form) he found himself on the bench.
Final game of that season against Charlton he stormed out of Old Trafford a few hours before kick-off.
Oh and that season also made kid Ronaldo cry on the training pitch
He basically behaved like a cnut.

Last edited:

JeffFromHK

Heinze and Van Nistelrooy have got to be up there too.

Van Nistelrooy had his agent sounding him out to clubs like Barcelona and Real Madrid for a couple of years before his eventual departure..
In Ruud's final season at the club in the 2006 League Cup Final he threw a tantrum shouting abuse at the manager from the bench. (years later he apologised for)
As a result (and Saha's outstanding form) he found himself on the bench.
Final game of that season against Charlton he stormed out of Old Trafford a few hours before kick-off.
Oh and that season also made kid Ronaldo cry on the training pitch
He basically behaved like a cnut.
But years later Van Nistelrooy apologised and Fergie seemed to had "forgiven" him

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
George Best was an alcoholic...he was an ill man. In addition he was hounded by every press man in Britain. Clubs weren't used to dealing with this sort of attention at the time which is why Bestie ran off to Spain.

While Best did make trouble for the club, it was a consequence of his situation. He wasn't on an ego trip or wanted to go out and piss people off.

Ronaldo, Keane and one or two others have purposely instigated trouble for their own benefit.

A major difference.

KeanoMagicHat

I'd love a bit of a summary on his exit... Did his form dip before or after his outbursts (what happened :eek:)

And, I'm a history noob here, did we actually get relegated with him in the team!?
The season before relegation, Best went missing to party in London nightclubs during the season, was suspended and transfer listed. Then he retired. Then came back that April. The relegation season it was more of the same fecking around. He played his last game in the January of the relegation season, then just didn’t turn up for training afterwards and gave up once he wasn’t picked for a cup game. Only played 12 league games that season. Wasn’t the reason United got relegated but he was a massive shadow hanging over the club by that point.

He was an alcoholic, as pointed out. So there was a reason for his actions.

Zetrio2002

Ronaldo was certainly at fault. He should not do such an interview while playing for the same club. His ego is way too big and he deserves all the hate he is getting right now. Maybe it's time to terminate his contract.

lex talionis

Ronaldo by a country mile. Sorry, make that a galaxy. No explanation is required.

Tap

Tevez’s RIP Fergie sign is arguably worse than Ronaldo’s foolish outburst but then, Tevez was no longer a man utd player then. So, Ronaldo’s fallout is still the worst going by the thread title.

Fitchett

Ronaldo by a country mile. Slagging off so many at the club, while taking £500k per week and playing completely sh*te this season.

Another honourable mention in this thread should go to Owen Hargreaves, for his public slagging off of United's medical team, whilst praising Manchester City’s medical team. This was after he played for under an hour for City and barely appeared again.

cyril C

I wasn't convinced resigning him was a good idea, an aging superstar paid a fortune at such an advanced age, but I never thought it would get this bad. He surely must have a deal on the table and is making sure United have no choice but to let him go?
I doubt it, on the deal side. Did any club come forward last summer? Only Sporting said they (chairman only, not the manager) would mind taking him back but not on his wage. Only Saudi said they will pay his wage. The Chelsea story never materialised, don't tell me the story is back on after Tuchel is sacked. Let's see who is back on the table now, without MU subsidizing his wage.

GueRed

But years later Van Nistelrooy apologised and Fergie seemed to had "forgiven" him
Yeah he did accept Ruuds apology but for a good few years Fergie did not want to speak of him.

Ruud's exit minus Piers Morgan Interview was very similar to Ronaldo's imo

Veteran player finds himself not a regular starter anymore, throws tantrum, becomes bitter, behaves poorly and falls out with manager..
Legions of fanboys defends player behaviour etc

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
Scholes' fallout was definitely embarrassing

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Definately Ronaldo. Nobody else is anywhere near!
Those mentioning Best: Besty didn't ruin his legacy, Ronaldo has!
Best was my football hero growing up, he was the reason I became a Utd supporter. How he acted during his last couple of seasons at Utd from my memory left a really bad taste, I think worse than Ronaldos efforts. the difference between Ronaldo and Best is the Best had a charming charisma about him and we all ended up forgetting how he had acted. he was cheeky, funny, self deprecating and also happy to boast. He was great on the talking circuits, was constantly in the news. He was easy to forgive.
I think Bests effort was worse than Ronaldos but Ronaldo lacks the charisma and personality to make us all forgive and forget quickly.

GueRed

Japp Stam too

But Ronaldo is worst IMO anyone who willingly speaks to Piers Morgan should be euthanised
Stam's was the only exit which shocked me because the build up was only a few days to a week

GueRed

I bet like Van Nistelrooy's fall-out Cristianos exit will be forgotten and glossed over soon. It already looks like it thanks to their legions of fanboys....

Let not forget these players wanted out years before..

For two years 2004-2006 Van Nistelrooy allowed his agent Rodger Linse to tout him around Europe even when the club said he the player wasn't for sale.

GueRed

Personally I was saddened that Stams time was cut short and the way it came about
Yeah i was gutted at the time.
Shocked at how quickly it happened so close to the transfer window deadline and gutted because imo he was our only World Class defender.

Fergie a few years later did admit selling him was a mistake.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Tevez is the only one even comparable to Ronaldo, and even then not really as he'd have probably stayed if Ferguson really wanted him too, and didn't actually do much he wasn't within his right to.

The other two I still basically love as United players.

Ronaldo went and did a TV interview with Piers Morgan designed purely to slag off the club, while he was a player at the club. That would be class A twattish behaviour even if a player at a rival club did it.