Which United season would you most like there having been a docu-series for?

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
06/07 breaking the slump and starting a threepeat

08/09 beating the scousers to the title and completing the threepeat.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
We don’t need one for last season. We already have it and it’s called „Ralf Rangnick, if he was even 1/100 as good at managing as he is at talking, United may have had a better season“

Then apart from the obvious successful ones there could be:
2011/12: How to bottle the league
2013/14: How to turn United into Everton
2015/16: How to score 49 league goals, finish 5th and go out of an EL level CL group, all in the same season

This season especially ETH‘s first few months would also be interesting.

BorisManUtd

I'd watch docu series on any United season but guess 12/13 and 13/14 would be interesting. Champions and fall of champions :D

Bondi77

Fergie's first season just to see how he dealt with the existing players and how he started change at the club after big Ron left.

Yorke to Cole

The 2 seasons that stand out for me (they have already been mentioned) is the 94-95 season. It was not just the Cantona incident at Selhurst Park, but also the signing of Andy Cole and Keith Gillespie (going the other way) in January, the preparations of the departures of Mark Hughes, Andrei Kanchelskis and Paul Ince and the title race with Blackburn.

I would have loved to have seen the reactions of all those 0-0 draws we had in March and April after Cantona was suspended.

My second choice relates to the first in that we saw the integration of the Neville brothers and to a lesser extent Beckham and Scholes (during 94-95), but full integration in the 95-96 season. The fact we were 12 points behind Newcastle and the mentality instilled in that team to overhaul that deficit with that young side.

Also, how the return of Cantona and the form of Peter Schmeichel, were incredible. I would have liked to have seen the half time team talk at St James Park where it was 0-0 after Schmeichel saved two one on ones (one with Ferdinand and the other with Asprilla). They were all over us during the first half, but we came out and imposed ourselves. For me that Schmeichel at his absolute peak!

That run was incredible and it was the season that underpined what was to follow with the subsequent treble season. It would have been intriguing to see when Ferguson started playing games with Keegan, what the reaction to his outburst would have been?

As of note, does anyone remember that Kanchelskis was excellent during that 94-95 season, but all of sudden was injured for the run in and did not play in the F.A Cup final? Was that part of his fall out with Ferguson that lead him to leave that summer?

Also, was it true Mark Hughes supposed to leave in the January after Cole had signed, but did not due to his injury in the Newcastle game and Cantona's suspension?

mshnsh

02/03 or 06/07 for me.

Coming back to beat that smug arsenal team in 03 was amazing and winning in 07 after 3 seasons without a title also was one to remember.
I'm with you here except that the treble winning season and our first league season are also very strong contenders.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
93/94 Double Winners. Knocked out of Europe cos we couldn’t field our best 11. Almost unbeatable in the league. Suspensions almost derailed us but we hung on and triumphed in the end. Lost the League Cup Final too. Epic.

Theonas

Scout
Always had a soft sport for 2006/2007. Chelsea looked like they were going to dominate winning two league titles with big margins and then adding Shevchenko and Ballack. We were spoken about as being the end of an era. Vidic and Evra had torrid starts in January 2006. We'd just lost Keane and Ruud with Ronaldo being public enemy number and considered a one trick pony. To add to it, our only addition in the summer was Carrick. Then it was that opener against Fulham where we won by 5 and the rest is history. Amazing season :drool:

surf

Any Tommy Doc season for the entertainment value. He was absolutely one of the funniest people in football.

ScholesyTheWise

Would have been very interesting to see what went on in Fergie's first years, while he was working towards changing the culture (drinking etc) at the club.

Also, since I was born in 1990, I didn't watch the 1993/4 team live,
but going off videos, they probably would have been my favorite United team If I were born earlier.

Would have loved to be able to follow them closely and see the inner goings of the club at the time.

GueRed

67/68 & 98/99 for obvious reasons

89/90 - Fergie feeling the heat and the FA Cup run.

92/93 - Eric's impact and the first title win in 26 years

93/94 - The Double team. Seeing how Fergie dealt with handling all those big egos/characters. The friction and arguments etc.

12/13 - Fergie's final season and his decision to retire.

GueRed

The 2 seasons that stand out for me (they have already been mentioned) is the 94-95 season. It was not just the Cantona incident at Selhurst Park, but also the signing of Andy Cole and Keith Gillespie (going the other way) in January, the preparations of the departures of Mark Hughes, Andrei Kanchelskis and Paul Ince and the title race with Blackburn.

I would have loved to have seen the reactions of all those 0-0 draws we had in March and April after Cantona was suspended.

My second choice relates to the first in that we saw the integration of the Neville brothers and to a lesser extent Beckham and Scholes (during 94-95), but full integration in the 95-96 season. The fact we were 12 points behind Newcastle and the mentality instilled in that team to overhaul that deficit with that young side.

Also, how the return of Cantona and the form of Peter Schmeichel, were incredible. I would have liked to have seen the half time team talk at St James Park where it was 0-0 after Schmeichel saved two one on ones (one with Ferdinand and the other with Asprilla). They were all over us during the first half, but we came out and imposed ourselves. For me that Schmeichel at his absolute peak!

That run was incredible and it was the season that underpined what was to follow with the subsequent treble season. It would have been intriguing to see when Ferguson started playing games with Keegan, what the reaction to his outburst would have been?

As of note, does anyone remember that Kanchelskis was excellent during that 94-95 season, but all of sudden was injured for the run in and did not play in the F.A Cup final? Was that part of his fall out with Ferguson that lead him to leave that summer?

Also, was it true Mark Hughes supposed to leave in the January after Cole had signed, but did not due to his injury in the Newcastle game and Cantona's suspension?
Yeah the player wanted out.

Kanchelskis was fined by Fergie for criticising him in the papers in March.

The player had just signed a new three year contract, the sudden change in attitude had bemused the manager.

By April Kanchelskis ended up have a hernia operation. Which meant he missed the rest of the season including the Cup Final.

He submitted a transfer request towards the end of the 1994/95 season.

I was gutted with this fall-out. He was a tremendous winger and was world class for most of that 94/95 season.

buckooo1978

99 100%

the amount of games like battles with Barca and Bayern, Liverpool in the cup, Arsenal in the semi with 10 men, Spurs in the last game, Juve away, the final - would be unbelievable drama

City's treble (if they achieve it) wouldn't come close

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United

Brilliant answer.

Had that last week of the 94/95 season gone differently, it would have gone down as one of our greatest seasons. One of my first football memories was the 'demolition derby' of November 94.

I don't think we'll ever really know what happened with Kanchelskis.

With Hughes, I always got the impression (maybe incorrectly) that Fergie wanted to keep him (unlike the other two players that left that summer) but he couldn't guarantee him a regular spot in the starting eleven.

Would have been fascinating to see the squad dynamics change, starting from Robson leaving in the summer of 94 to the following summer. Fergie had a remarkable talent for rebuilding the team but maintaining us a force.

Another thing would have been the club learning how to succeed in Europe. Always got the impression that that the Barcelona 4-0 defeat was probably the first sign that he was going to move a few people on.

Kag

It has to be the Moyes season. I need to see footage of the players mumbling ‘feck off Phil’ every time Phil Neville gave an instruction in training.

From Moyes and the players having to be evacuated from an Australian beach on pre-season to Jimmy Lumsden collecting in the cones, to the exasperation in the canteen as chip Friday got rubbed off the menu, it’d be a perfect tragicomedy up there with The Office.

MoskvaRed

2013-14 would have been epic car crash television similar to “Sunderland Till I Die”. It would just need Woodward to start requesting 90s rave music to replace the Stone Roses.

one340

Actually, that would be pretty incredible. "Rio, come here, sit down. I've compiled this tape of Jagielka's highlights during my incredible reign at Everton which rightly led Alex Ferguson to bring me over here to build on his legacy. Can you be more like him?"
I remember during the season someone mentioned moyse did something to this effect.. talking about jagielka ls techniques to Rio. Has anyone confirmed this?

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
I remember during the season someone mentioned moyse did something to this effect.. talking about jagielka ls techniques to Rio. Has anyone confirmed this?
I think the closest to a confirmation was Vidic not denying it.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
SAF’s final season then Moyes first season and LVG’s first season.

I’d like to see how the mood changed. Opposition fans aren’t allowed to watch any of the two latter seasons. Not even clips.

Cloud7

The Moyes season. It would have been fascinating to see just how it all unfolded. All our other managers have failed for one reason or another but I don't think any of them were as out of their depth as Moyes was, especially having taken over the league winners, and a team with such strong personalities in it.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
05/06, Keane v Ferguson.

Evra and Vidic being shit for the reserves.

Ronaldo v RVN.

Neville v RVN at Boro.

GueRed

05/06, Keane v Ferguson.

Evra and Vidic being shit for the reserves.

Ronaldo v RVN.

Neville v RVN at Boro.
great shout.

Keane thrashing the players, the bit where Ruud made Ronaldo cry and the episode when Ruud stormed out of Old Trafford at the final game of the season would've got the highest ratings imo

cafecillos

Just here to say that, as non-native English speaker, I'm fascinated by the thread title wording. 10/10.

cyril C

SAF’s final season then Moyes first season and LVG’s first season.

I’d like to see how the mood changed. Opposition fans aren’t allowed to watch any of the two latter seasons. Not even clips.
Ha, someone with the same wavelength. Yes, Moyes season would be great, not something to be proud of, but certainly a lot of lesson to be learnt. Never again.