Which United signing excited you the most before they played?

Maticmaker

Bebe... if SAF was willing to sign him, sight unseen I thought he would be 'walking on water.'.. big ,big, disappointment, but a nice lad I believe!

SirScholes

Would I have been excited by Messi? If he came in at any point in his career then surely I would have been.

It's just my opinion, there's been plenty of other signings that I was excited about Rio, Tevez, Ronaldo, Di Maria, VDS. But for me Forlan was the one I couldn't wait to see play, I was a lot younger then, it's nearly 20 years ago. But, like I said it was based off that one highlight reel.

And he was shit. After he left he was good, but at Utd he was shit. Macheda scored an important goal too, but he was still shit.
Agreed each to their own, just found it odd that you’d be more excited about an unknown random compared to England’s greatest teenage talent.
he last played in Hong Kong of all leagues, enjoyed having a reminisce about his United days

032Devil

Cantona.

Couldn't believe his previous club let him go - and cheaply! The glue of the Fledglings and Sir Alex's career.

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
Larsson.
He was a player I loved watching for years so it was amazing to see him finally play for us.
Everything about that season (bar Kaka) was brilliant

Himannv

Tevez. Obviously I had a good look at him the previous season when he played for West Ham and he was simply amazing. I mean, I was actually tuning in to West Ham games to watch him play. He had great work rate and dragged that team up almost single-handedly. He was just clutch that season. He scored this freekick that was just perfect - over the wall and dipping just right to fit into the top corner. Was incredibly typed when we signed him because I didn't really expect us to go for him.

snk123

Tevez. Obviously I had a good look at him the previous season when he played for West Ham and he was simply amazing. I mean, I was actually tuning in to West Ham games to watch him play. He had great work rate and dragged that team up almost single-handedly. He was just clutch that season. He scored this freekick that was just perfect - over the wall and dipping just right to fit into the top corner. Was incredibly typed when we signed him because I didn't really expect us to go for him.
This!

It really was a shame losing both him and Ronaldo same season. The glazers started our downfall when they couldn’t cough up the 32m for Tevez.

He was a c*** later on but boy did he give his all every match and technically was much better than people gave him credit for.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
I was really excited for the Bruno signing.

We thought we were getting him all Summer 2019 and were baffled when it didn't happen because he was clearly a player we desperately needed - we were completely devoid of creativity.

The press still kept it alive and by the time it happened in January, I'd watched a lot of YT comps, and then it built up a lot as we got down to the last few days of the window. I watched his last couple of games for Sporting - didn't he cry at the end of a game, waving goodbye to the crowd and we all went apeshit on here?

I was really excited because the transfer just made so much sense and he looked like a player that could take some of the creative burden away from Pogba who we were over-reliant on and was being used as a scapegoat when things didn't go our way.

But I had no idea just how good he was going to be for us or how much of a transformative effect he would have on our team and that season.