Which was better: Van Persie's final season at Arsenal or first season at United?

Paul_Scholes18

It is strange about his decline. For us he started already declining a bit under SAF during the later parts of the seaon. I think one reason could be that Rooney and Persie fighted a bit to be top dog and they did not ideally function together. Both wanted to be and was mostly suited to be the main man.

SAF could make it work, but Moyes clearly could not. Both actually played better with our other strikers under Moyes.

Persie then had a decent world cup under LVG and we thought he would do well with him, but did not. The 3-5-2 formation we had was really bad with the slow possesion style. It did not suit anyone I guess apart from maybe Carrick who was our key player.

Then we sold him and I guess he never reached top level again. I did not follow him so no idea what went wrong apart from getting older.

Yagami

Good post resistant
His last season with Arsenal was a thing of beauty. And if the schmuck had stayed for another year he could easily have won us the title instead of Utd.
He was magnificent during this period but he wasn't that good.

SAFMUTD

Obviously Arsenal, but his 2013/14 for us was nothing short of glorious. I think he would choose that season 100%

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Arsenal I would say marginally. He had a period of maybe 2 months in his first year at United where he wasn’t firing at all.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I think he peaked at Arsenal's last season and we still got some of the afterglow in his first season with us.

The weird part is how fast he declined. You'd think he'd have a few more years at the top but his decline was similar to Rooney, as in, they still had the name and ran around the field but the productivity just dropped off a cliff. Rooney stayed around for longer because of his legend status but they both essentially had the same downward trajectory.
Brings back the bad memories of Moyes.
You genuinely couldn't believe the names on the pitch were producing what they did.

I still don't accept that our brilliant team suddenly all became appalling overnight. Moyes was hugely to blame.