Who’s been the best US President?

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
David Palmer aside of course, who would you rank as the best? I know little, so would be interested to see what you reprobates think.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Kanye West says he's running for president this year. Or rather 'Kayne Wets' as Twitter trends has it.

SteveJ

Scout
Could he really be worse than Trumpet? I don't think it's even possible.

AaronRedDevil

Well this thread just took a sharp left turn:lol:.

Anyway I think Jefferson is a decent shout.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Honestly if Kanye West becomes US President I’m done.
Looking at how things are over there its not even an impossibility is it? I Idiocracy unfolding before our eyes it seems....

SteveJ

Scout
I'm half-expecting Trump to tweet, complaining about his lack of mentions in this thread.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
People hate Truman because of the bombs, but he was a good president.

RFK would have been the best.

InfiniteBoredom

Consensus amongst historians is Washington, Lincoln and FDR, with the first two interchangeable for the top spot.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Could he really be worse than Trumpet? I don't think it's even possible.
Yes I think he’d just as bad. His comments on slavery just show how utterly brain dead he is. He’s a musical genius and he has some business acumen with regards to his but he’s also the biggest clown out of there. Him and Trump are like two peas in a pod.

Skills

Snitch
But it's unclear whether West is really running.

He does not appear to have registered his name with the Federal Election Commission (FEC) for November's election. The closest name the FEC database shows is a candidate called "Kanye Deez Nutz West", who filed their papers with the Green Party in 2015 under the address "1977 Golddigger Avenue, Suite Yeezus" and appears to have raised no money.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Abraham Lincoln. Abolished slavery.

Maticmaker

Trumps rise to the Presidency has to be worth something, from day 1 he was laughed at, taunted, ridiculed etc. by many republicans as well as Democrats so how the hell did he become President? Suspect even he doesn't know.
One things for certain he may not be the best President, but they will be writing books on his rise to the top for many years, studies of how he did it will become standard text in political science for generations.
Especially if he walks away from it before the next election?

Last edited:

Gehrman

Trumps rise to the Presidency has to be worth something, from day 1 he was laughed at, taunted, ridiculed etc. by many republicans as well as Democrats so how the hell did he become President? Suspect even he doesn't know.
One things the certain he may not be the best President, but they will be writing books on his rise to the top for many years, studies of how he did it will become standard text in political science for generations.
Hilary just too much represented the corperate establishment and politcal dynasty. Of course Trump embodies all that as well, but managed to win through the slogan "I''m not a politian". And all the racists wanted to get back after having to endure a black president for 8 years. It was their nightmare come true.

Last edited:

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I thought Obama was seen now as quite a poor President who didn't actually get much done?
He is by Progressives, who felt ‘betrayed’ by him. Given that the right also hates him, it is difficult to judge his Presidency. He certainly doesn‘t belong on that short list anymore than LBJ, who is actually one spot ahead of Obama on the most recent Siena poll at #16, belongs on the shortlist of bad presidents.

Notably, in regards to that Siena poll among scholars, Clinton who has gotten mentions here is at #15.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
One things for certain he may not be the best President, but they will be writing books on his rise to the top for many years, studies of how he did it will become standard text in political science for generations.
The biggest magic isn't trump but how the feck the whole world be fooled by Americans.

Turns out half of them aren't that smart after all.

Stalin would turn in his grave knowing all it takes to destroy america is a Trump and a pee tape.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Hilary just too much represented the corperate establishment and politcal dynasty. Of course Trump embodies all that as well, but managed to win through the slogan "I''m not a politian". And all the racists wanted to get back after having to endure a "goverment nigger" president for 8 years. It was their nightmare come true.
You might wanna tone that down a bit bud

Gehrman

Not for want of trying. Republican control of one house killed a lot of his bills.
I think on some levels he was what the USA needed after George Bush. He inherited the worst financial crises since the great depression and 2 wars started by his predesscor. I think in terms of foregin policy, he was in a lose lose situation. No matter what he would do there, he would get battered from both sides. It's depressing really. If the US had made a intervention in Syria like they did in Kosovo-Bosnia war, they would probably still be stuck there and he would be called a US imperialist.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
FDR and Jefferson are the two best imo but FDR clearly deserves top slot.

Clinton :houllier: :lol:
Nowhere near the best.