Who’s looking forward to the player apology tweets after the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flytan

If they're remotely salvageable as competitors they won't post shit and will just perform next week with the hopefully new/interim manager

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
I got a 1000 bucks Ole brings out the we lost 6-1 to spurs and still finished second last year line.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I don't want to see, read or hear anything from any of them

maximus419

Players who don't even post themselves but get their PR teams take care of it. Says everything about footballers, they really don't care, most of them only do charitable work in the hope it gets them a gong.

lsd

The Oracle
Manchester United captain Harry Maguire, speaking to Sky Sports: "We apologise to the fans, it was nowhere near good enough for this club. They stuck with us right to the end and we appreciate that but as a club we have to do better.

"I am so disappointed, we gave them so many chances. They were so clinical, we had a lot of chances ourselves but I am a defender and to concede four in the first half especially at Old Trafford is nowhere near good enough.

"As a player I know myself. I’ll be looking at myself and my individual performance.

"We have to stick together, there is no point blaming each other but look at ourselves. Look in the mirror when we go home tonight and think where we can do better.

"To lose to Liverpool in any game of football hurts. The rivals, the way we lost the game, to be 4-0 down at half time in front of our fans, like I say it is not good enough."

Too far to say embarrassing? “Not really. The term I’d use is not good enough. I look at those lads each day in training and we are working hard as we can but at the moment it is not good enough. I apologise to the fans, we have to look at ourselves as individuals but also stick together.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
"Too far to say embarrassing? “Not really. The term I’d use is not good enough. I look at those lads each day in training and we are working hard as we can but at the moment it is not good enough. I apologise to the fans, we have to look at ourselves as individuals but also stick together.
Ah, our daily pie has arrived.

Djemba-Djemba

Getting beaten 5-0 at home to Liverpool is " not good enough".

Wow, strong passionate words from our inspirational captain. I totally trust him to help turn things around for us.

croadyman

Saying nothing is the best thing because will only make the fanbase even more irate

United Hobbit

Manchester United captain Harry Maguire, speaking to Sky Sports: "We apologise to the fans, it was nowhere near good enough for this club. They stuck with us right to the end and we appreciate that but as a club we have to do better.

"I am so disappointed, we gave them so many chances. They were so clinical, we had a lot of chances ourselves but I am a defender and to concede four in the first half especially at Old Trafford is nowhere near good enough.

"As a player I know myself. I’ll be looking at myself and my individual performance.

"We have to stick together, there is no point blaming each other but look at ourselves. Look in the mirror when we go home tonight and think where we can do better.

"To lose to Liverpool in any game of football hurts. The rivals, the way we lost the game, to be 4-0 down at half time in front of our fans, like I say it is not good enough."

Too far to say embarrassing? “Not really. The term I’d use is not good enough. I look at those lads each day in training and we are working hard as we can but at the moment it is not good enough. I apologise to the fans, we have to look at ourselves as individuals but also stick together.
The stick together tripe is something Ole often comes out with drives me absolutely bonkers, so flowery and fluffy especially after something like this.

They should just thank the fans for the support they showed, perhaps with a picture of the fans. Stop with the fake apologies it's getting tiresome

I'd be more than happy to see them thanking Ole for the time they've spent working with him as it would mean he'd actually been sacked.

I saw DDG's and found it quite classy, I think he's one that actually cares

I can't link to it but I see Bruno has liked our full time Instagram 5-0 post... I know they probably have to like most of the things the club posts but this?

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Another week, another loss, another deluge of "We're sorry" tweets and Insta posts. I'm sure we're all aware of how hollow they are but this really drives home just how empty and meaningless they are...

"We pull twice a day social media fan sentiment graphs for every single player and we have certain thresholds that alert us when we see fan sentiment is going one way or the other. When that happens we work with the player to counter that narrative."

bonothom

Harry Maguire will probably post a picture of himself with his fingers in his ears.

Won't happen today imo.

PR people are very, very aware right now of fan sentiment against apology posts.

Closest we'll get is 'Sorry Ole, you did a great job and we tried hard but let you down, you'll always be a legend' stuff when he's sacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.